So I Just Got A Wii.....

......and I'll have to say that I really like it! My wife and I had been fighting because at night, I goof off on the computer and she reads her books. When we try to sit down and watch tv, she wants to watch her crap, and I want to watch my crap, so we end up going back to doing our own thing. She's never been big into video games, but I took a risk and bought the Wii, and we've been playing together every night since we got it. She still sucks :) but we've had a lot of fun with it.

The thing is really set up for people who don't play video games much, so probably isn't for those who are super gamer heads or whatever, but I've found it to be a really fun way of pulling my family into my world a bit. My mom is even addicted to it and wants to play when she comes over now lol. I'd say that It is a hit in my family so far.

So, anybody else got one? What games/accessories do you like the best?

-Mario.

-Zelda.

-SSB: Brawl, for multiplayer.

-Okami, if you didn't play it on ps2. Beautiful game.

-Resident Evil 4, if you didn't play it on ps2 or gcn. One of the best uses of motion controls for a 'hardcore' game. Awesome game all around, one of the best of the last console gen.

-Metroid prime.

-Boom blox.

Those are probably all the 'must haves'. No More Heroes could be thrown in if you like stylish (mature) action games, geometry wars if you like arcade games... But the core list is those up there ^.

Wii sports, it's great. The games have a little more than the immediately obvious skill requirements and reward those who stick at them for a bit longer.

The other awesome game is Rayman Raving Rabbids, we had tremedious family fun with that game. So many different games each using the controllers in an inventive manner, great stuff. One of the few games I actually played right through to completion. No wii collection is complete without it.

We got the wii fit recently, the games are fun and the weight loss incentive is very well done.

Unlike Sup (no surprise there), I was really disappointed with RE4 and it made me decide to never buy another wii game that I couldn't play with a mouse on the PC.

Bloom Box looks good, but I haven't played it yet.

Thanks for the reccomendations! The wife got addicted to that Star Wars Lego on a friend's PS2, so we'll probably get that, and I'm looking foward to the other sports games that are coming out as well as that Star Wars Unleashed game. It *might* be worth the $50 bucks they're charging, but I'm not sure lol.

So far, my Wii collection is:

Super Mario Galaxy (great, if you liked Super Mario 64)

MarioKart (with full online racing)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (and yes, it's as fun as Rocky said)

Wii Sports

Wii Play

Link's Crossbow Training

Wii Fit (very interesting; not a game per se, nor a trainer, but somewhere in between)

Plus a bunch of GameCube titles that are all back compatible. Networking is a little bit fiddly if you don't have a WIFI router (I don't), and one of the first accessories I picked up was a 3rd party set of battery packs/charger cradle that is powered by one of the Wii's USB ports.

The Wii is certainly my fave console since the Dreamcast (RIP); it's not the most powerful, but it may be the most innovative.

We still only play the Wii sports. We have both sets. Theres two we play alot the first one we like bowling and on the second one we like the pooltable. Also she likes the fishing one. Sometimes the wife goes back to the old school Mario. Are Wii doesn't get used much, but when friends are over its normaly a hit.

I would really like to get her the Wii Fit not just because i think she would love it, but because i want to see her dance around as i watch.

Hey Dannik, what kind of controls do you need to play the gamecube, or does it do ok with the wii-remote?

I will agree that watching the wife run around in the Mario Olympic Games was worth getting the system for :)

Edited by durka-durka

You need a GameCube controller, which the Wii has four ports for, along with two memory slots. These are all on top of the console, under some flaps. GameCube games just don't work with Wii controllers or SD memory cards.

Though you can't play GC games without the right GC controller, some Wii games (like MarioKart) support the GC controller.

Everyone has already given great recommendations, but I'll add Tiger woods to that list. Golf games are just so much fun when you actually get to do the motion. We're also big players of the wii sports game that came with the console. Only one I really don't like on there is the boxing.

I also didn't care for Resident evil that much (played at a neighbors house). That and splinter cell were just way to frustrating to try to shoot people with the wiimote. I haven't tried the zapper though yet so that might help.

Anyone try Battalion Wars (I think that is the name)?

Wii Sports is really good. I bought Mortal Kombat for my wife some time ago, and she digs that. Guitar Hero III is also a must for the Wii. :) My sister puts me to shame on that one, but it's fun watching her play Dragonforce on hard!

I just saw neighbor's friend...must be 12y/o...rock hard on DragonForce...face almost melted from rocking....must get Wii one of these days. <_<

Alright, I just went to the local Blockbuster to rent some games, and couldn't find any that were available, so I bought Wii Ski for $20 (instead of renting it for $10) and I will say that I love that game. :)

There's not much in the way of hyper-realism, but the controls work great and it makes me look foward to winter, and it's still lots of fun.

Wii Sports is really good. I bought Mortal Kombat for my wife some time ago, and she digs that. Guitar Hero III is also a must for the Wii. :) My sister puts me to shame on that one, but it's fun watching her play Dragonforce on hard!

I just saw neighbor's friend...must be 12y/o...rock hard on DragonForce...face almost melted from rocking....must get Wii one of these days. <_<

You know it's out on PC, right?