"CoD 5" first details

Pave Low

This is very disappointing. World War 2 has been done and done again. Vietnam would also be very, eh, uninteresting in my opinion. Modern Warfare was apparently the only stroke of genius for the COD series. Maybe after 5 tanks, they'll go back to the MW theme. Honestly, the speed and ferocity of the gun battles has kept me coming back again and again. I won't be buying this.

This is very disappointing. World War 2 has been done and done again. Vietnam would also be very, eh, uninteresting in my opinion. Modern Warfare was apparently the only stroke of genius for the COD series. Maybe after 5 tanks, they'll go back to the MW theme. Honestly, the speed and ferocity of the gun battles has kept me coming back again and again. I won't be buying this.

yes WW2 has been done over and over. but that is 99% the German side and hardly any while fighting the Japs. that's the thing that makes this one different and very interesting (at least to me) i bet you could name off at 10 games that where done on the Atlantic side (Europe,Africa, Atlantic sea battles with the German subs) but can you name more then one that you are fighting the Japs?

but can you name more then one that you are fighting the Japs?

Blitzkrieg & Sudden Strike games (I forget exactly which of the games/expansions now)

Battlefield 1942

Hidden & Dangerous 2 (the missions in question were set in Burma come to think of it, but the enemies on those missions were wearing Japanese standard issue uniforms)

SoF2 (IIRC, the mission where you have to escape from that prison was set in Japan, not China)

Edited by WytchDokta

Not really played many WW games in general here. Cod4 has run 100% here, not a single issue in all this time playing, besides my own system issues.. Cod5 at least provides some Co-Op in some form for 4 players.

Looking forward to any Co-Op TBH.

:mellow:

is rising sun even on the PC? but still look at how few there is from this side compared to the german sidethere is no compareson lol.

and ones that have levels/missions on the jap side i dont really count as the whole game aint based off of the pacific war

Edited by REDMONSTER

• 3 months later...

Recieved an email from them today inviting us to participate in the multiplayer Beta. Its 360 for now, with PC coming later.

My kids play on a 360 so I let them try it out and had a watch for a while as they played.

Its pretty much identical to CoD4, right down to the perks system and ranking up. Just with WW2 hardware.

As you've probably seen in the vids, instead of UAV's and airstrikes, theres dogs, spyplanes, and artillery bombardments.

To be honest, it looks like tretyarc played it safe and basically used everything cod4 and just pumped out new maps and a few new modes. Once again the maps are very small and console friendly so PC players once again will have to wait for the maps and mods to come out to really get good maps meant for PC players.

Looks good so far, but not much different than cod4 except for locale.