[original concepts] Petition.

BS PALADIN

A petition has been started on xbox.com for the return of original concepts and gameplay of Ghost Recon to the series. If you are sick of playing the unrealistic and arcade like gameplay of recent titles in the series then please post your support for the petition here:

http://forums.xbox.com/15812753/ShowPost.aspx

And please spread the word via messaging everyone on your friends list or posting on other forums.

I don't think online petitions are worth much, they're more statement of the author than anything else.

Good sales figures for America's Army True Soldier, [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising], Rogue Warrior, ArmA 2, Ground Branch will speak MUCH louder than any petition.

A forum petition represents a few fans. Sales figures for the games that GR should be can't be faked and represents an actual market. ESPECIALLY America's Army, since it's what GR could have easily been.

So, buy AA:TS or GR may die. :whistle:

I don't think online petitions are worth much, they're more statement of the author than anything else.

Good sales figures for America's Army True Soldier, [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising], Rogue Warrior, ArmA 2, Ground Branch will speak MUCH louder than any petition.

A forum petition represents a few fans. Sales figures for the games that GR should be can't be faked and represents an actual market. ESPECIALLY America's Army, since it's what GR could have easily been.

So, buy AA:TS or GR may die. :whistle:

You are assuming they are not doing the same thing to AA that they have done to GR. If they have simplified AA, the way they have GR, I will be disappointed. <_<

AA:TS is US only though. Us in the EU are left with no tactical games on the 360 whatsoever and its getting really annoying.

I have respect for RSE but it has lessened over the years. RSE used to make INCREDIBLE shooters. R6 rogue spear, ghost recon, island thunder. Im just hoping RSE and UBI realise thats what the community wants back. Not watered down tactics for mainstream pick up and play kids.

This petition is just one way to get that message across.

GR has went from a game played with near religious devotion to a game that can barely stay in the top 10 3 months after launch.

Surely UBI must see this. See how annoyed people are, how much they crave after the old gameplay that kept us up til 3am playing embassy, lost convoy, night docks etc. The community is crying out for a realistic tactical game. But im afraid UBI can't or won't hear us.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the [GR] games and i am still a die hard fan to this day. The newer ones on the consoles are ok, but they soon die down and don't give much to talk about a year or less down the road. I haven't truely gave up on GR yet, but am alot more looking forward to other games coming out than a new GR game if and when it comes. Like Raw Kryptonite said above almost all them games i have more faith in. Mostly America's Army True Soldier & [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising]. Well maybe mostly [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising] i expect to be my [GR] on console, but America's Army True Soldier is more what i was hopen for in GR's future at this moment in time anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

A petition has been started on xbox.com for the return of original concepts and gameplay of Ghost Recon to the series. If you are sick of playing the unrealistic and arcade like gameplay of recent titles in the series then please post your support for the petition here:

http://forums.xbox.com/15812753/ShowPost.aspx

And please spread the word via messaging everyone on your friends list or posting on other forums.

Well I think it's a good idea but with GRAW doing as well as it did, I don't see them changing anything....too bad really.

Just a small point - RSE made the MP for GRAW and the weapon models are more unrealistic than the SP, in the SP, you have to use the left trigger and hold your breathe to sight in properly and hit anything. If that had been implemented in the MP, especially with the sniper rifles, the adversarial gametypes would have not been so arcade. The sniper rifle ruined the MP.

As far as COD 4 is concerned, it is the same boring, linear, non stop respawning enemy, run and gun, twitch shooter like every previous COD title. MP would be fun if you could find a server where they turn off the respawns. I will take GRAW 3 over this junk any day.

Just a small point - RSE made the MP for GRAW and the weapon models are more unrealistic than the SP, in the SP, you have to use the left trigger and hold your breathe to sight in properly and hit anything. If that had been implemented in the MP, especially with the sniper rifles, the adversarial gametypes would have not been so arcade. The sniper rifle ruined the MP.

As far as COD 4 is concerned, it is the same boring, linear, non stop respawning enemy, run and gun, twitch shooter like every previous COD title. MP would be fun if you could find a server where they turn off the respawns. I will take GRAW 3 over this junk any day.

Yes it's run-n-gun but it's a fun game imo....but that's just me. I still play GRAW 2 as well but I think both have their place.

Also what you just described there sounds a lot like the headquarters map in GRAW 2. :P Though you turn off the respawns....

I like coop so COD 4 does not fill that need, in fact, there isn't one game coming out this year with online coop. Looking to 2008 to R6 Vegas 2, Rogue Warrior, [OFP: DR], AA 2, Battlefield: Bad Company. Not much to look for in tactical games except Ground Branch.

Yeah, I will be playing COD4 TvT with friends with no respawns. If you could take the graphics and landscapeof COD4 and add a more tactical gameplay and online coop.....