Oh looky what I found

Sorta. Screens can't catch a no-recoil or aimbot. Replays caught that in [GR] and by far that was the most prolific cheat. It's a start though.

Mik and Knight, check your PM's. Squad leaders, if you wanna be part of the ACC (Anti-Cheat Coalition) then PM me please.

Well you may be able to catch a no recoil if you can see his shot patteren. Also some of the aimbots I saw in Americas Army when I was apart of AASA they would auto lock. I mean that a crossair would lock up off center of screen. If I can find some old PB screen shots of some I will post one. Also guys it up to us to work with GRIN to stop this crap before it get out of control. So like Ruggbutt said all of the squad leaders join up..

No it's up to us to work with what GRIN gave us. Many of us have tried in the past to work with GRIN and while they implemented some things regarding the dedicated server, the AC recommendations were largely ignored. If the past is any indication, it will be a one way street. Granted with GRAW2 they seem to have listened a bit more in regards to the screen shots. However, I believe we are getting to the End of Life on support for GRAW2 as far as UBI is willing to pay for and I'm sure GRIN will not work on it if they are not getting paid. So we are most likely going to just have to deal with what we have in regards to the AC at this point. I've completely written of server logs as well (I'm pleased that we have gotten what we have but it's not enough) and we've been asking for them since the beta 1.35 of GRAW1.

if it was up to me, i would immediately remove all instances of this random SS feature being mentioned from these forums, which is obviously not going to happen. keeping these discussions to a minimum though would surely increase the chances of more kids slipping up and getting caught. otherwise they'll find a way around it...

If every one agrees then get rocky or one of the other admin to just delete this entire topic. and anything else that pretains to the screen shot tool. If we dont they will find away around it some how. They did in AA

That is NOT going to slow or stem cheating in anyway. Just beacuse you remove information about Screen shots from this forum doesn't mean that cheaters won't magically not find them. All you will be accomplishing is to make it harder for people to find information about using SS's. Example Viiper - a long time member still didn't know about the automatic SS's. Besides one of the things cheat writers do is run dedicated servers and check out their capabilities and packet capture information between server and client to check what info is being sent. They'll learn about the game and it capabilites to find loopholes that they can exploit. They won't rely on GR.net to find out that "Oh my gosh! GRAW2 has automatic screen shots! Oh Nooooeeeeesssssss!". All you will be doing is hurting honest admins who need to know it's there in the first place so they can use it.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Community awareness is your best defense against the boogereaters, you will never stop it completely but as I found back in the old GR days, it will over time make for a better cleaner gaming experience for everyone.

Every little bit helps. Hiding the thread wont accomplish much of anything. Good find, one more kiddie exposed!!

(I've been out of the loop for several weeks, working).

Viiiper:

I've found from practical experience, ideal settings are to take a screenshot every 60 seconds with a 30 second time out. Also the 640x480 setting is OK, but honostly useless if the person is running 1600x1200, etc...and 800x600 is certainly enough.

Also I had to put the xml code under EACH game mode, TDM-HH-Siege, but maybe it can just be put somewhere else to effect all 3.

That is NOT going to slow or stem cheating in anyway. Just beacuse you remove information about Screen shots from this forum doesn't mean that cheaters won't magically not find them. All you will be accomplishing is to make it harder for people to find information about using SS's. Example Viiper - a long time member still didn't know about the automatic SS's. Besides one of the things cheat writers do is run dedicated servers and check out their capabilities and packet capture information between server and client to check what info is being sent. They'll learn about the game and it capabilites to find loopholes that they can exploit. They won't rely on GR.net to find out that "Oh my gosh! GRAW2 has automatic screen shots! Oh Nooooeeeeesssssss!". All you will be doing is hurting honest admins who need to know it's there in the first place so they can use it.

the second sentence has that triple negation, so i'm not sure what you meant, but i think you misunderstood...

you're right, hack creators will be aware of all the security features regardless of what we do or do not post on GR.net. your every day hacker though, or a hack user, upon acquiring the hack has to feel safe about using it on a public server, more so in a ladder match. it's unlikely that the hack creator, who is in most cases also is the distributer, will mention the existence of the auto-screenshot feature to his every "customer", defeating the purpose of his own hack. so again, the "kids" will basically have more chances exposing themselves to the aware server admins, as long as they don't suspect being screenshotted. i clearly remember an old school GR ladder called TCZ, having restricted Team Leader Summit forums for squad admins to exchange information that doesn't need so many eyes on it... the aforementioned ACC, to the best of my knowledge, has always tried to stay in the shadows and its members sometimes wouldn't even admit their participation in it to their own teammates... that has helped to at least slow down the spreading of new hacks, as well as weed out a few rats among the community itself.

no one said organizing this would be easy, but i believe a few people are on it and it will be more pronounced once the ladder matching picks up a bit more. communication is key, but don't hand it to the trespasser...

the second sentence has that triple negation, so i'm not sure what you meant, but i think you misunderstood...

Yeah yeah... That's what I get for actually trying to post after a brutal training ride (or at least brutal to me). I could barely see straight I'm surprised that the rest of the post was even comprehensible! You're lucky I remembered to use some punctuation.... ;)