what's the highest texture setting

GPU memory doesn't add, it mirrors.

I'm curious. Is this a game coding thing, a driver coding thing, or a hardware thing?

Basically, does the engine not see SLI as being twice the memory, do the drivers report (erroneously) only one card's memory, or is it that the SLI cards/motherboards more or less RAID0 them?

Oh, it is. Last year I had a 7900GTX and at around Christmas I decided to SLI it with another. The performance increase is nice, but SLI really isn't worth it. Besides the problems with games that don't support it or won't let it run without some modifications (R6 Vegas for example) and the fact that it's so expensive you are much better off going with a single card solution. I SLI'd from mid December to mid May, and I won't do it again.

It's probably that you're using Vista. Did you use the search function of Vista to check your drive for renderer_settings.xml? Vista installs it in a different location I'm sure, but I cannot remember where. Someone else posted it once though I'm sure.

I finally found it, Vista had decided to make it a hidden file. I've only had Vista for 48 hours and I'm really not signing up to Microsofts blah that it makes things quicker.

Nutlink, thanks for your help mate. :thumbsup: