What's your Opinions on MP ?

Heres something you guys could do with the whole customize kit suggestion GRIN

(this gif contains actual GRAW2 PC game assets)

graw2gifiw0.th.gif

now I'm not sure how easy this would be to do, but I do believe the Head and body's are completely 2 different models meshed together hence the captain Mitchell is headless when people make the 3rd person mods...

now if you could customize a kit and yourself that would add a great depth to the individual player and I won't feel like I'm shooting the same guy over and over

(yes i know you guys at grin love the Cross com doo hickey and wanna stick with the vanilla Ghost body and heads but I think for MP TvT games you could be a little bit flexible)

I'm pretty sure you guys at grin would be more likely to succeed then individual modders (hell I wouldn't even care if they only came in one cammo color)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MP is spot on, did some AOG yesterday walking around with a well needed rpg-7 whow......

What I'd like added are some urban maps (city centre like the polling station on Island Thunder) and some real forrest maps with real timberrrrrr......

But the feel of some maps comes very close to that good ol [GR]..... If I can find some spare time I ams certainly going to try modding, Is there any TS serevr up for modders so you can work together with the pro's and learn faster?

I think its a great idea bangurdead. There is more different or own personality, a little bit like Rainbow 6 Vegas.

And here some minds about Coop MP. This is my favourit gametype.

- first: its sad that there is no squad hierarchie or the possibility to respawn next to the leader, so its very hard to get a frontline or work together because everytime i have to start separated from my team and sometimes its a long walk or fight to come to it. And my opinion is: IT IS A COOP gametype.

- second: i ve got the impression that the bots can kill you over hundrets of meters with one shot notabene with an machine gune or something (for snipers its realistic... :hmm: ok), so there is no cool firefight, under pressure and a need of help from other players---> coop... man <_<

-third: in reminding of GRAW1, it is very hard to hear the position of a tango while fireing, i think the distance of hearing shots is to short and unrealistic. if I am in the quarry i think you would here a shot everywere in it. In GRAW1 the changeover from far to near and the distances of hearing sounds seems to be perfect for me.

and last but not least: in GRAW1 there was a ranking for the best "killer" :ph34r: that was good to assess your teammates

I think its pretty cool and would be very interesting if there is a pointsystem alike in recon vs. assault, points for kills, vehicle destroying etc. So you can get better weapons or silencer, grenadelauncher, grenades and/or the more points the more items you can bear. So you get a prize for tactical playing and cooperation.

But enough of criticism, the game is great and i love the greying in distance, wow so realistic w00t

Thanks

15. Mini map in the top right corner..... Can it be zoomed out more? Or give the ability to manually zoom it in and out.

Yep. I could have sworn they had this in one of the demos. did they not? I commented while playing last night that I thought we had that previously and then lost it in from demo to play.... Am i hallucinating?

Try pressing "j" to cycle between 3 zooms. The first one is the most zoomed out, and is the same resolution as the large map found under "m".

I suggest mapping the "m" function to your thumb mouse button (button 4) as you can run as view the map at the same time.

Tested it last night, it does work, but I am looking to have the mini map in the hud zoomed out a two or three more levels. The most zoomed out one happens to be a bit to zoomed for me. Anyone else share this thought? Would like to get more area viewed in the HUD. The Multi map is a sweet addition.

Tested it last night, it does work, but I am looking to have the mini map in the hud zoomed out a two or three more levels. The most zoomed out one happens to be a bit to zoomed for me. Anyone else share this thought? Would like to get more area viewed in the HUD. The Multi map is a sweet addition.

Like I said, the most zoomed out is the same resolution as the full screen map, which is the default mode.

PLEASE GRIN, get rid of those kits and give us back the ability to choose weapons ourselves.

Respawn on leader was nice, now you have to respawn at base everytime in Coop.

GRIN, What were you thinking?

Coop mission scripters can move the spawn zone during the missions when areas have been cleared for example to avoid spawn in hostile areas where you get shoot all the time. It was not done on any of the official missions, but can easily be modded or implemented on new maps made by modders.

You can't spawn on team leader in Coop as there is no team leader. That's why that way can't be implemented in Coop at all.

Enabling a new Spawn point is better IMO, I guess you would need the Leader to go into cover otherwise? And if he get`s popped, game over.

Glad to hear we can have new Spawn points added.

Tinker

Like I said, the most zoomed out is the same resolution as the full screen map, which is the default mode.

In GR the minimap was extremly useful when telling the team were enemy contacts were, in GRAW2 it's close to useless since all you see is a small area around you and not the entire map. Everytime someone calls in an enemy now i have to use the full map to know were it is instead of a quick look at the minimap.

I think MP is spot on, did some AOG yesterday walking around with a well needed rpg-7 whow......

What I'd like added are some urban maps (city centre like the polling station on Island Thunder) and some real forrest maps with real timberrrrrr......

But the feel of some maps comes very close to that good ol [GR]..... If I can find some spare time I ams certainly going to try modding, Is there any TS server up for modders so you can work together with the pro's and learn faster?

I am also looking to join in any groups for beginners upwards.

???

:whistle:

Tinker

What i'd like to see...

1) 4 spawn points that a team would radomly be chosen to spawn in on start of the round

2) Dedicated server commands finished with options to save scripts

And no Sleepdoc in GRAW1 weight did not really effect your player in MP TDM. It showed it but never slowed you down unless you were a support guy.

I think you may be missing CELL's point Wolf. Or just ignoring it. :whistle:

I think Cell is saying he doesn't care if your statement above is true. He would like to be able to push the minimap EVEN FURTHER out, to have an option to see an even greater area zoomed out on the mini map. Even if it means that the level of zoom-away is far greater than the "full screen map".

for the full screen map, the level of zoom is fine becuase you can see the full map on the screen. For the minmap, pushing it 2 or 3 more levels farther away would be very helpful. I think we would like to be able to see even more sectors on the minimap if we so choose. I know it would make the minimap look very "micro" and corwded at those zoom levels, but it would help for what CELL and others are looking to use it for.... Why limit this? it seems rather simple to "crack it open' for farther push out ...

Edited by Sleepdoc

Like SleepDoc said, but didn't say, the ability to have the mini map to the same state as GRAW1 when fully zoomed out.

edit add:

To start with the minimap fully zoomed out and have the ability to zoom in on your location as the origin at all times.

Like SleepDoc said, but didn't say, the ability to have the mini map to the same state as GRAW1 when fully zoomed out.

edit add:

To start with the minimap fully zoomed out and have the ability to zoom in on your location as the origin at all times.

The decition was made to remove the full minimap in HUD as feedback from this forum said it was useless. ;)

As I said, assign map to thumb mouse button and tap it when you need to take a quick look at the whole map. You can see through it and when you release the thumb button you are back in a flash if needed. Distradcts teh player less then having to divert the attention towards the corner of the screen if you ask me.

The mini is for you to keep track of the close surrounding while your in a fight or sneaking around a building.

I think you may be missing CELL's point Wolf. Or just ignoring it. :whistle:

I know what he said, But he also said it didn't work and I only confirmed that it works as intended. If you want more, use the big map.

The decition was made to remove the full minimap in HUD as feedback from this forum said it was useless. ;)

I think the lesson for all developers is clear here.

Supporting a community is a trick that requires you not eliminate features that some already use. The trick is to add new features that others want. and if they conflict, make them server side options. Don;t eliminate things that are enjoyed by some as you move a project forward....

Im sure the "feedback" was only from certain people. not all people. The key here is to leave things you already have, but add more so that the entire group can be pleased.

In some cases, this is asking way too much of resources. I get that. In the case of the mini-map, I would respectfully suggest that someone overthought the "feedback". They did not see hte rather obvious win-win solution we are describing here. They saw the win-lose approach and implemented it.

Another example of taking away something that should have been left, and possibly just adding something else is the "define squads and spawn on leader' in [GR] coop. why eliminate this? becuase you got some feedback from some people? It should have been left functioning and left to be triggered as a state by the server. Server side options are magical. not complete elimination of something already working just so you can try something else....

thanks for listening GriN. I know oyu guys have a lot to do and think about for every game. most iof your decisions moving to GRAW2 seem excellent. But please consider this p[hilospohy as you mak3e your patch additions. After all, you already have a portion of the code for some of these things from GRAW1. So teh additions, follwoing this concept, may be resource possible...

Edited by Sleepdoc

I did try the "J" button as you suggested Wolf, not the issue. The zooming in is great. If we still had sensors, it would really be an A+ feature. I would like to be able to zoom out the minimap. I find the multimap more distracting than the hud when it gets heated in battle. I do however love that you added a multimap. When the action cools off a bit I can view the entire map closely and plan my attack.

I guess for an example, suggesting this happens in about 3-5 seconds time.I hear something not too far off...footsteps above, quickly I whip out a frag and view the minimap in the hud....clear.....I see a diamond, but is it close or near? can't tell because the cliff obstructs...he's walking toward me....don't want to pull up the multimap for fear I may obstruct my view of the enemy....tossing frag......blammo...TK! Yes I do have my multimap button mapped so it is instant to access, no the issue either.

Just a dramatic example. If it is too difficult or too much of a hassle to make this feature possible, that's all that needs to be said. The system is great, a suggestion of more map area viewed in the minimap was all I was getting at. Thanks for the feedback.

And like I stated in the beginning of the thread....Feedback/Suggestion. If in the course of creating patches for this game, any of the things brought up are possible to add, that would be great. THis is not a ###### and whine about GRAW 2 fest...not meant to be anyway. The game is great. Some suggestions from the community are just that. Please don't take them the wrong way.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

yes, the 'm' key bringing up the map is a good thing (GR1 like) And how about being able to see the other friendly AI situation? (like in GR1 where you could assume another identity). I know that would only apply to campaign mode. Finally, HOW CAN I KNOW WHO DIES? When someone (either another player or AI close to me) is taken out, I'd like to know-it really makes me aware of tangoes I didnt suspect were there. I think this feature was in GRAW 1, but removed now, no?

A nice feature would be the ability to hover your mouse over player icons on the overview map and have it display their name. That really helps you keep track of each person and is espcially useful when pubbing. Or, just have the overview map display the names all the time.

Would really like to see a bit of customization to uniforms. Not skins per se, but I'd like to wear a boonie hat if I wanted, or have a ghillie suit if I were sniping, ect.

Please don't take them the wrong way.

I'm not. Promise. :) The opinion is noted.

A nice feature would be the ability to hover your mouse over player icons on the overview map and have it display their name.

That wouldn't be possible as you mouse is used to control the character which the map is up. Looking at the map doesn't pause the game, which is why it's slightly transparent and you do still have control while looking at it. Whould you rater have no control of your character while looking on the map? I guess not as you would totally be a sitting duck, right?

really enjoying the game so far, but many complaints I'm hearing are the ones about taking WAY too many hits to drop someone. That and the recoil. And the fact that when you hit someone nobody drops or limps, ect. To me, (and this is only my opinion) this is a little excessive. Lessen the recoil, or decrease the ammount of shots it takes to kill someone.

I like the kits the way they are as it ads balance unlike in GRAW1.

If you are to go back to the GR1 style, Weight NEEDS to be a factor so the more equipment you carry the less speed/aiming you have. It's the only way to balance it.

Good call:

All those that want free for all weapons, maybe make it server disables, but like Roco said , do you want the GRAW1 mayhem or 4 nuke tubes 5 fregs and a semi auto? everyone that was a tactical fighter complained and GRIN has solved it.

If it's FFA weapons, I will personaly carry 4 GL's and 5 frags and reload off the mule and frag eveyone with a barrage of nuke tubes and frags, welcome to the party :rofl: (not to mention the lag that GL & frags make).

I'm with Roco on this one. Learn to use kits and handle weapons you would not play, it's that or FFA weapons. Unless there is a third idea in store ???????

yeah, except theres some weapons (mainly rifle men) which have a lot of recoil but the only other choice besides the scope and nothing is a scope and silencer...which is to me kinda retarded

Demo:

Grenade launcher (2x ammo)

SMG

or

Grenadelauncher(2x amm0) + sight

pistol

Assault:

front grip + silencer

SMG

1 frag, 1 smoke (cannot be refilled off of dead soldiers :wall: )

or

front grip

SMG

1 frag, 1 smoke (should be at least 2 grenades per smoke and frag)

Riflement:

scope+silencer (which I'd take stability over quietness and no muzzle flash) :wall:

pistol

or

Scope (why not change the SMG to a pistol and add on the foregrip)

SMG

All those that want free for all weapons, maybe make it server disables, but like Roco said , do you want the GRAW1 mayhem or 4 nuke tubes 5 fregs and a semi auto? everyone that was a tactical fighter complained and GRIN has solved it.

IMHO, something is not solved when a highly flexible feature is reomved and arigid feature is put in its place.

A solution would have been a highly rigid kit system exactly as they have it, **and** a server side control to "UNLOCK" the totally open way for people who want to play the old way. Why spend time gutting old code that worked>? Why not spend time making that old code server side selectable, and then adding the new system as a "user choice".

Just my wishes. Nothing more.

I think GRiN is great. But there seems to be a pattern emerging of "Forcing one way over another", when the old way was already working. I would always prefer the old way still be available and determinable by the server. So one server can have the new way while another server can have another way.

Server side options are magical things for creating wide appeal in commercial products without alienating one group or the other .....

Edited by Sleepdoc

Great MP fun....... :lol:

--weapon options

--cover

--maps

--gameplay

--fun facor

Dislikes:

--draw distance

--nade amounts

--M14 without a AGOG scope option in Rifleman class (lucky for everyone else I guess.... :angry: )

Like to see additions:

--TeamSpeak intregation

--CQB maps

--class specific uniforms

Cheers!

Fresh