The flood gates have been opened

Mr Smith, any way of toning down the redness of the blood ? Love the extra effect but the blood seems a bit glossy and bright.

If you can't be @rsed maybe you could let me know where to find the colour setting so I can tweak it myself.

Regards.

Yeah, that was one of the biggest problems with the blood decals I had. Make them too dark and they look like oil, too bright and it's not dark enough for blood.

You'll have to edit the decals yourself if you have Photoshop and the nVidia DDS plug-in. They're these files in the textures/atlas_effects/decals/diffuse/diffuse_set0 folder:

splatter6 (Delete the 1 and 3's, they're not being used)

splatter7 (Delete the 1 and 3's, they're not being used)

splatter8 (Delete the 1 and 3's, they're not being used)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ when you say "Ageia Physx has been truely enabled" does that mean you have it so that you can use the physic settings with out the physics card, or people that have it get extra stuff?

It means it's now running in software mode. That means people without PhysX cards will be able to see the PhysX effects at the cost of performance hits. There is one PhysX effect in the Regular version that I didn't catch, it's the concrete/asphalt impact. It kicks up little 3D flakes and you can move them around.

Thats ###### awesome man!

^^ when you say "Ageia Physx has been truely enabled" does that mean you have it so that you can use the physic settings with out the physics card, or people that have it get extra stuff?

It means it's now running in software mode. That means people without PhysX cards will be able to see the PhysX effects at the cost of performance hits. There is one PhysX effect in the Regular version that I didn't catch, it's the concrete/asphalt impact. It kicks up little 3D flakes and you can move them around.

Thats ###### awesome man!

I gave your mod a go it worked ok good job, but the physx is not the same as using a physx accelerator and i can see that in game, i have used and removed my ppu card with graw1 and graw2 and there is a total difference with and without one. I'm not bashing your mod mate it's great and i thought it was excellent in graw1 although a little freaky when you see stuff moving around in slow motion, the fear mod i'm talking about. I have to say this though for some reason in the full graw2 game my framerate gets hammered a bit when i use a ppu if i enable extreme physX it brings my 8800ultra - e6600@3ghz - 2 gig ram to a crawl.

:hmm: hmm... There's some difficulties with the particle FX when shooting at certain materials like asphalt.. Only the bullet holes shows up...

I think I just want to get the regular blood FX and want to keep the other things as they were... What shall I remove to only get the blood effects? (In the regular version)´ >_<

:hmm: hmm... There's some difficulties with the particle FX when shooting at certain materials like asphalt.. Only the bullet holes shows up...

This is a known issue with this mod. Many particle efx are missing. See the readme.txt in mod file.

As much as I really like the blood, I more so miss the dust and such, so I have removed this mod.

Hello new guy here, i'm a PPU user and i would love to know if the effects that you enabled in software are indid the ones that a PPU user see and if so can you describe them or show a video, are the game playable, what kind of fps have you with PhysX extreme enabled? Mine is on the 20/30+ mark at 1280x1024 with a x1900 xt a AMD64 x2 4200+ and 2048 RAM.

Hello new guy here, i'm a PPU user and i would love to know if the effects that you enabled in software are indid the ones that a PPU user see and if so can you describe them or show a video, are the game playable, what kind of fps have you with PhysX extreme enabled? Mine is on the 20/30+ mark at 1280x1024 with a x1900 xt a AMD64 x2 4200+ and 2048 RAM.

Can't say anything yet as I have yet to receive the files.

this mod doesnt work for me.

i duno if iv installed it right, but when it goes to load it just wont let the game start

iv got my textures on high, and put in the right directory i THINK...

any hints??

thanks

You sure it's in this directory?

X:/GRAW2/Local/<your language>/

X being the hard drive that you installed GRAW2 on.

C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\English/ (all the files)

do i need to put the files in a certain folder???

at the moment they are free in english...

Is the game able to boot up without the mod?

Are you sure that you just extracted to that folder, and not copied all of the .XMLs and just dumped them into the English folder?

yea iv got the latest version, it even happened without the latest version of the patch....

yea it runs fine without the mod... but as soon as i extract the files into the english folder, just when its about to load the intro videos... it just stops... wont load 1 vid...

also i noticed that its almost 1 hit kill??? did you make it like this or am i just getting hit in the head every time???

I too thought I was getting hit in the head all the time, until I noticed that the round strength was actually increased :wall:

Being fixed next version, which is currently in 2nd internal Beta phase.