Anyway to avoid patches deleting saved games ?

Hi there

Unlike GRAW, both patches have deleted any saved progress within a mission.

Is the only way to avoid that being back-up your saved game folder ( location I assume being C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Settings\profiles\username ) and then copying back after the patch has been installed ??

Will saved games work with the newly patched game ?

cheers

The missions are still at the same stage of being unlocked but saved sections will be overwritten.

Yes and that's my point. All saved games are lost.

For example in Mission 1, after installing the patch I have to start all over again despite the fact that I have progressed quite some length into the mission.

What's the solution.

If you choose "NO" iin the warning message the patch is not installed.

cheers

The missions are still at the same stage of being unlocked but saved sections will be overwritten.

Yes and that's my point. All saved games are lost.

For example in Mission 1, after installing the patch I have to start all over again despite the fact that I have progressed quite some length into the mission.

What's the solution.

If you choose "NO" iin the warning message the patch is not installed.

cheers

Save games have to be removed. They get outdated when mission scripts or maps get updated. This is not uncommon in games.

As said it preserves how long you have come in the campaign, which is the most important part so you don't have to play the entire campaign from the beginning after installing a patch.

Rocky did post about this somewhere here that install the game itself, apply ALL patches, THEN play but not before.

As said, it does keep your progress in the campaign. So you shouldn't notice anything as long as you have completed the mission your currently playing before installing the patch.

So simply don't install a patch when you are taking a break during a mission.

Rocky did post about this somewhere here that install the game itself, apply ALL patches, THEN play but not before.

As said, it does keep your progress in the campaign. So you shouldn't notice anything as long as you have completed the mission your currently playing before installing the patch.

So simply don't install a patch when you are taking a break during a mission.

Let me get this clear in my head.

I am currently playing " Act 1 Search and Destroy". I have 3 check points ( save games )

When I patch the game all checkpoints are deleted and I have to start all over.

So you are saying that when a patch comes out, complete Act 1 before patching ??

This was not the case in GRAW, why in GRAW 2 ??

cheers

Edited by bagman

So you are saying that when a patch comes out, complete Act 1 before patching ??

If by "act 1" you are refereing to "mission 1", then yes.

"Acts" in GRAW2 are a collection of "missions". Just want to make clear that you don't have to complete the "act" to prevent loosing progress, just the current mission.

This was not the case in GRAW, why in GRAW 2 ??

It actually was an issue in GRAW1 as well, but it was up to the player to test their save games. When missions got updated in a patch, which didn't happen for all missions in all patches, the check point saves for that mission could sometimes work and sometimes crashes the game. In GRAW2 you don't have to worry about having old save games that will crash on load.

Each mission is also shorter in GRAW2. So I think you shouldn't loose that much playing time through the removed save games as you would have if the same had been done in GRAW1.