KANE AND LYNCH...from the makers of the HITMAN series

I'm confused....will it contain Co-Op or not ?

I think in the single player option the crazy Lynch character will sorta be an AI tag along. But according to some the actual COOP option will be in the console version?

Frankly, I'm not sure I have to research this.

Don't care though if the coop turns out to be player or AI controlled. IO's reputation for quality proceeds itself. This game is taking a cool slant on the HITMAN series style.

And its an instant pre-sale for me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Yes, at least in 360.

"Assuming the role of Kane, you'll be tasked with completing dangerous missions for The Seven all over the world. You'll invariably be accompanied by Lynch (who can be controlled by a second player in the game's co-op mode), but the two of you won't always have the same objectives--at least going into a mission. In the first level that we saw, for example, Kane was required to infiltrate a Tokyo nightclub and kidnap the daughter of a powerful Yakuza boss, but Lynch was kept in the dark about the mission until moments before he was told to throw the unconscious woman over his shoulder and follow Kane out of the club."

Edit - coop on the 360 is not available online, only split screen or local play. Dumb!

Edited by Kurtz

Just like the hitman series, it's being made for consoles first. :rofl:

I seriously don't understand you guys and what videogames you do/don't hate. Dead Men looks awesome, anyway.

Take that back!! It will hit PCs at the same time at least...........right? :unsure:

Ought to, but it's still a 360 (and now ps3, I guess, as of today) game first. :ph34r:

Just like the hitman series, it's being made for consoles first. :rofl:

I seriously don't understand you guys and what videogames you do/don't hate. Dead Men looks awesome, anyway.

Take that back!! It will hit PCs at the same time at least...........right? :unsure:

Ought to, but it's still a 360 (and now ps3, I guess, as of today) game first. :ph34r:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o=

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And Jeff Gerstmann got fired due to his review at Gamespot <_<

...rumored by the public.... ;)

Gamespot says he got fired due to a long ongoing dispute with an editorial manager.

I don't know what the truth is, but I do know that big software companies have major influence on magazines due to the money their advertising brings in....and as such, their integrity (and judgement) is questionable.

And Jeff Gerstmann got fired due to his review at Gamespot <_<

...rumored by the public.... ;)

Gamespot says he got fired due to a long ongoing dispute with an editorial manager.

I don't know what the truth is, but I do know that big software companies have major influence on magazines due to the money their advertising brings in....and as such, their integrity (and judgement) is questionable.

It's strange though that the review was changed and the video-review removed. Also, all K&L-ads where also removed. It does smell like a conspiracy, but I doubt that Jeff would be fired because of the K&L-review only.

The Eidos forum basicly got raped soon after Jeff was fired btw.

Screenshot (not mine) Warning: Foul language!

Edited by Hockeystick

Yeh, he was fired over that review IMO, not only because of that isolated review probably, but it was definately the catalyst. The video review concluded "probably not worth purchase", and was published on a site that was getting heavy ad revenue from the publisher. The guy basically slated the entire game. In other words, he posted what he thought of the game, and his opinions were echoed on other sites. The only difference was the site he worked for had jumped in to bed with the publisher.

This incident gives me renewed stamina to publish my findings on the online review process and it's reliability for the end user. :devil:

The reviewers have gotten pretty bad over the last several years. When you're sitting in the game developers pockets its really hard to get a good honest opinion.

Usually the most reliable way to find out if a game is good or not for me is to visit some forums and see what the actual gamers are saying. I only use the online reveiws nowadays to find out what features are coming out in new games. This is why game demos for the pc are so important to me so that I can get a preview of what I'm really buying. The nice thing about the console is that I can rent before buying so I'm not stuck shelling out $60 for garbage.

The world is a messed up place when you have to fear loosing your job for telling the truth.

The reviewers have gotten pretty bad over the last several years. When you're sitting in the game developers pockets its really hard to get a good honest opinion.

Usually the most reliable way to find out if a game is good or not for me is to visit some forums and see what the actual gamers are saying. I only use the online reveiws nowadays to find out what features are coming out in new games. This is why game demos for the pc are so important to me so that I can get a preview of what I'm really buying. The nice thing about the console is that I can rent before buying so I'm not stuck shelling out $60 for garbage.

The world is a messed up place when you have to fear loosing your job for telling the truth.

Unfortunately, that's life. There's a saying: No good deed goes unpunished. It's true.

• 4 weeks later...

more on the firing of GameSpot editor Jeff Gerstmann saga:

GameSpot reviewer Frank Provo's blog entry

Farewell, GameSpot

It's true, I'm no longer contributing to GameSpot.

I believe CNet management let Jeff go for all the wrong reasons. I believe CNet intends to soften the site's tone and push for higher scores to make advertisers happy.

I won't lie to people and tell them a game is good when it isn't. I won't downplay negatives that readers have a right to know about.

And so, the "Frank Provo era" at GameSpot ends after nearly 8 years of contributions. March 2000 through December 2007. It was a nice run.

I feel sorry for the GameSpot staff that have to continue to work there because they have no choice if they want to be able to pay bills and feed their families. For such upstanding people, the CNet overloads have created the ultimate soul-crushing work environment.