Mk12 mod 0 SPR - v3.1 patch

Brettzies

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brettzies, did you get the sound archive I uploaded?

Yes, the m4 sounds are awesome. Only problem is you can hear the shell hitting the ground. That could be good or bad depending on where the player is standing.

It's great in older games like CS:S, but not so great in more detailed games with better sound engines. The shell sound's a bit late in the one I remember putting in there, though; should be pretty trivial to edit out.

By the, the SCAR L sounds you ripped and mixed aren't bad, but they definitely have too much echo, which sounds bad during autofire (especially from the AI firing premixed bursts). Probably fixable by just cutting the length down and fading out.

for the Mk.12 you should put the ACOG in instead of the irons.

I have taken the ironsights off for mod-id purposes. I'll see about putting an ACOG on there, I just figured people would want to use the scope instead. If it doesn't require taking up a mod_id# I will do it, otherwise it will cause mp problems.

Scar-L, I'm not entirely satisfied with the sounds but didn't want to mess with them anymore, The full auto one was giving me headaches.

Scar-L, I'm not entirely satisfied with the sounds but didn't want to mess with them anymore, The full auto one was giving me headaches.

If you clip the sound short before the echo really starts and then do a bit of a logarithmic fadeout at the end, it should solve your problems.

i have the acog and the red dot on the mk12 its bad ass. It reminds me of the two man sniper team in blackhawk down trying to rescue the fallen pilot in the mog. It works great no crashs. and i put the sniper scope on the m4 and m16. in real life the Army and Marines put long range optics on their assault weapons all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an idea to lower the aimpoint slightly. It's a bit more appealing then having it so high, but not really that significant. This is as low as I can get it:

m4_graw_50_aimpoint.jpg.w560h456.jpg

larger image

m4_graw_51_aimpoint.jpg.w560h433.jpg

larger image

Also reworked the ACOG ret a bit:

m4_graw_52_acog.jpg.w560h573.jpg

larger image

I've added handguards to the M4 also. I could make all the M4 and M16 attachments the same, that would mean a short m203 for the m16. I'll porbably only do that if I add another weapon and need mod_id #s.

i was sittin on the john wondering what project are you workin on next bret?

Nothing significant. I've done some small tweaks to this mod, but it doesn't really effect much. I messed around with getting my own character animations into the game so the ironsights would line up correctly, but it is such a headache I got tired of it. I looked at a couple of possibilities for new weapons, L96A1, Hk53, and Sig552 Commando, but I haven't had the energy to start on any of those. I think Graw2 is getting ready to do something soon anyway.

Nothing significant. I've done some small tweaks to this mod, but it doesn't really effect much. I messed around with getting my own character animations into the game so the ironsights would line up correctly, but it is such a headache I got tired of it. I looked at a couple of possibilities for new weapons, L96A1, Hk53, and Sig552 Commando, but I haven't had the energy to start on any of those. I think Graw2 is getting ready to do something soon anyway.

graw 2 is gonna be some fun ###### right there i can tell you that. i hope they have the m468 in that game if they dont im gonna cry like a little baby.i so hope they do. its cool they got the g36 is there too but all the other weapons like the beretta weapons (the storm gun in graw 2 xbox 360) are some bad mothers .

graw 2 is gonna be some fun ###### right there i can tell you that. i hope they have the m468 in that game if they dont im gonna cry like a little baby.i so hope they do. its cool they got the g36 is there too but all the other weapons like the beretta weapons (the storm gun in graw 2 xbox 360) are some bad mothers .

GRAW2 PC has the HK M416.

GRAW2 PC has the HK M416.

hell yeah i cant wait im gonna ###### my pants thats a nice rifle jus not as bad ass the m468