Mk12 mod 0 SPR - v3.1 patch

Brettzies

Is it realistic to have both the SPR and an M4? I know spotters carry M4's in RL but does the shooter carry one too?

shooting GL's at a MP5 fire rate, very unrealistic.

Lol, OICW anyone :P, god can you imagine how easy this game would be with an OICW boom boom boom boom boom OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED! :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it realistic to have both the SPR and an M4? I know spotters carry M4's in RL but does the shooter carry one too?

Basically, no. It isn't that you can't physically lift two weapons, but in a combat situation (especially one where you have teammates who can carry M4s for you), it's extremely unlikely that you'd ever carry two guns. It is very cumbersome. Carrying two long arms does happen, but it's not common at all.

Edited by Arethusa

Great stuff Brettzies, enjoying this mod ..good work.

I'm using...

Brettzies M4 v3.1

TPS's 9629 local 3 (third person mod)

Effects mod FEAR edition

Sapper Wang's weapon skin pack

Tillyboy Artworkz beta

Great mods, thanks modders, just the job ..works well together

Oh i ..& not forgetting the biggup for GRIN / Ubisoft :grin1:

screenshot7zc8.th.jpgscreenshot59ss5.th.jpgscreenshot16iz3.th.jpgscreenshot53qq8.th.jpg

screenshot16iz3.th.jpgscreenshot11bl5.th.jpgscreenshot28sj8.th.jpgscreenshot14ou2.th.jpg

I once ask a modder what is the most difficult process.

Is it hardware

Is it software

Real life issue restraints

Research into referrence

answers are often the same: Critics :rofl:

Brett, I've been happy from the beginning and up to now. If there will be another full version or just a patch, I'll be there to enjoy it too.

Awesome job! :thumbsup:

I am personally very happy with this MOD. It has renewed my game play. Our gaming community has devoted a lot of time to helping and playing with this MOD.

Brettzies deserved the front page Spot Light.

Are you done with Modding GRAW and waiting for GRAW 2? Or is there a new exciting weapon addon? Inquiring minds what to know.

For some reason the carrying handle of M4 and M16 appears black. I tried first installing the 3.1 and then 3.0 upgraded to 3.1 in case of the full 3.1 package was missing something but it didn't help.

My specs are:

E6400

MSI X1950 Pro with Catalyst 7.4

2048 MB 667 MHz RAM

Windows XP Home SP2

First I was running it with Catalyst 7.3 but upgrading to 7.4 didn't solve the problem. Both processor and graphics card are running with default clocking. Any ideas how to fix this?

For some reason the carrying handle of M4 and M16 appears black. I tried first installing the 3.1 and then 3.0 upgraded to 3.1 in case of the full 3.1 package was missing something but it didn't help.

My specs are:

E6400

2048 MB 667 MHz RAM

Windows XP Home SP2

First I was running it with Catalyst 7.3 but upgrading to 7.4 didn't solve the problem. Both processor and graphics card are running with default clocking. Any ideas how to fix this?

that is a strange problem, especially if everything else shows up ok. check to make sure these files are there:

local\english\textures\atlas_weapons\addons\bp_m4v2_ironsights\diffuse_set0

bp_m4v2_ironsight_df.dds

local\english\textures\atlas_weapons\3rd_person\addons\bp_m4v2_ironsights\diffuse_set0

bp_m4v2_ironsight_3rd_df.dds

Other thing to check is any settings you did with the graphics card drive, like turning off/on mip mapping or something. I'm running an nVidia card so I don't exactly know what ati drivers are like.

Try setting the textures to low as a test in game. If you messed with anything in the render_settings.xml, try setting it back to normal defualts.

If you're going to do some more unrealistic stuff like make the M4 a sidearm

Nothing unrealistic about it. We are just playing around with loadouts to see how we can get the most out of the incredible MOD. Now lowering the weights and adding ungodly amounts of ammo and damage is unrealistic. Being in a server with someone shooting GL's at a MP5 fire rate, very unrealistic.

Yea its pretty well unrealistic to take a M4+ another decked out rifle your kit.

I am adjusting a few model things. Nothing really major, just some things that bug me. I made the Aimpoint slightly larger - it still has to be high to line up correctly though. I'm also changing the rail on the M4 to be lined up better overall and a bit smaller. I like the beefy rail, but I think it's off. I just eyeballed the thing when I started building this weapon last year. It's lined up better now but still retains a mean look. I could put handguards on it, but I kind of like it bare.

I'm playing with some damage values, but I think people are fine to adjust them afterwards. I could push the ScarH up to 5, but why should that weapon be so high? It's a short barrel, is the round that much more deadly? I'm thinking 4 might be better.

People should feel free to adjust things as they see fit and get the most enjoyment. This is not the end-all be-all mod by any means and I'm no ballistics or weapons expert. It is fairly easy to tweak things as well.

As for updates, probably some small things maybe some big things. I tend to make things that I would like to use. Depends on what I have going on.

It's a bit rough. I was mainly thinking 5 with 6 (twice the damage of a full length 5.56x45mm rifle like the M16 or SPR) being reserved for a battle rifle/sniper rifle in the same caliber, but 4 for the SCAR H and 5 for a battle rifle isn't unreasonable. 7.62x51mm is fairly potent, though.

Really, though, are there any enemies in the game where it actually make a difference? The damage model is pretty ridiculous by default; enemies take two shots to the head from the SCAR L but die immediately if you hit them in the leg.

[edit]

By the way, I'm also getting the black/no texture error on the carry handles. I have somewhat different hardware (X1600, among other things) and have gotten that on all versions of your mod.

Edited by Arethusa

By the way, I'm also getting the black/no texture error on the carry handles. I have somewhat different hardware (X1600, among other things) and have gotten that on all versions of your mod.

Try this for anyone having the problem:

1st file:

bp_m4v2_ironsight_df.dds

2nd file:

local\english\textures\atlas_weapons\3rd_person\addons\bp_m4v2_ironsights\diffuse_set0

.Copy the second file into the first file's dir.

.rename bp_m4v2_ironsight_df.dds to x_bp_m4v2_ironsight_df.dds

.then rename the file you copied to bp_m4v2_ironsight_df.dds

This is only a guess, but the texture for the ironisght is 768x768. Usually textures are 512x512 or 1024x1024. Maybe the ati cards do not like the 768 texture size? Anyway, the second file is 512, so maybe it will work. So, copying it and renaming it will make it a 512 texture for the first person, which is what you see in the loadout menu and when carrying the weapons. I know if textures are not exactly multiples of 8, ie 128, 256, 512, 768, 1024, I get a rainbow effect, perhaps this is similar.

Edited by Brettzies

I tried numerous different configs, like changing texture details, and tweaking drivers with ATI Tray Tools but had no success. The black carrying handle appears in armory screen and 1st person model but if team mate is carrying a M4 or M16 the 3rd person texture is working properly. If I look through team mates camera the carrying handle of Mitchell's gun is still black so apparently the Mitchell's gun in SP is always the more detailed 1st person model.

Edit: Yeehah! That worked! Thanks alot mate!

Edited by Lokki

If anyone can help I would be most grateful!!! :thumbsup:

As part of the installation process you have to make sure that the "user folders" is on.

So, could some one please tell me how I know if it is on or not? Sorry if this question comes

across as knobish but the last time I used a mod was for the [Ghost Recon] and all I had to do

was extract to certain folder and that was it. Oh, no ill will towards you Brettzies it's just my

Ignorance showing through. :unsure:

Cheers,

Scar. :thumbsup:

To install just go to the GRAW directory and open the local folder. There you should see folders labeled "French" etc etc, create a folder called "English" (if there isn't one already present). Once you've done that open the folder and just extract the mod files into the folder...it should work in game then :).

To install just go to the GRAW directory and open the local folder. There you should see folders labeled "French" etc etc, create a folder called "English" (if there isn't one already present). Once you've done that open the folder and just extract the mod files into the folder...it should work in game then :).

Funny you should mention about creating an english folder because i do remeber there not being one (weird). Anyway, i shall give what you said a try and see how i get on (OH, I WANT THAT M4). :devil:

Thank you very much for the advise! :)

Cheers,

Scar.

Great stuff Brettzies, enjoying this mod ..good work.

I'm using...

Brettzies M4 v3.1

TPS's 9629 local 3 (third person mod)

Effects mod FEAR edition

Sapper Wang's weapon skin pack

Tillyboy Artworkz beta

Great mods, thanks modders, just the job ..works well together

Oh i ..& not forgetting the biggup for GRIN / Ubisoft :grin1:

screenshot7zc8.th.jpgscreenshot59ss5.th.jpgscreenshot16iz3.th.jpgscreenshot53qq8.th.jpg

screenshot16iz3.th.jpgscreenshot11bl5.th.jpgscreenshot28sj8.th.jpgscreenshot14ou2.th.jpg

I love the screenshots =warcloud=. :D

Is there a particular order/sequence you have to install the mods in order to work?

Totally awesome :rofl: !! Looks and work like a "profesional" mod.

But you're open a "Pandora's box" I'm afraid. All GRAW comunity are "hungry" for good mods like yours (me too...) and will demand more and more...

So here my proposal: what do you think about a M4 with a short barrel (10") for use like a secondary? I know that isn't realistic but is very usefull for play with the MK12 (maybe with an Eotech for CQB).

...You see, the Pandora's box is open. ;)

P.D. If you make your own Eotech I have detailed pics in all views, only say it if you want'em. :thumbsup:

@ Cpl Ledanek ..i'll try :D

Ok this is how i did it (and i have just gone through the process about half hour or so ago, took some screenies).

I use Total Commander to copy, unpack, move files around http://www.ghisler.com/

totalcommanderjj0.th.jpg

GRAW 1.35

Installed tillyboyartworkzinbeta (Edit the Context XMl from english to mods, for the mod to work)

<script base="data" exec="menu/menu" editor="false" language="mods"/>

Then i go to GRAW directory on hard drive, inside local folder, create english folder

I go inside english folder

then using Total Commander (optional, i just use it, works for me)

I open tps's third person camera mod & i just move the two folders (object , settings) into the english folder.

Then i open up Brettzies M4 v3.1 mod, i moved the nine folders to english folder.

Then i opened the Effects FEAR edition mod and moved the eight folders in to the english folder (overwriting if asked to).

Then last i opened the skins GRAW pack by Sapper Wang and i moved the texture folder to english folder.

A-tillyboyartworkzinbeta

B-tps's third person camera mod

C-Brettzies M4 v3.1

D-Effects FEAR edition

E-Sapper Wang weapon skin (default graw weapons)

Just a note ..Brettzies M4 mod is a a tad awkward in third person view (your view that is), so are some of the default graw weapons, scar-l, scar-h, xm8 works well, try ..you'll see what i mean, some weapons give the third person view and using some weapons gives the floating ret, i use first person weapon view and third person camera view, i'll play a couple of maps in one or other view, just for fun.

Also ..the Effects FEAR edition mod ..sometimes there is a glitch with blood marks on characters, it kind of protrudes (spelling?), it's a great mod though.

screenshot60sn3.th.jpgscreenshot88tj5.th.jpg

screenshot87qc7.th.jpgscreenshot85ru7.th.jpg

screenshot81zm1.th.jpgscreenshot78mr0.th.jpg

screenshot76sa9.th.jpgscreenshot71sm2.th.jpg

My specs are:

E6400

2048 MB 667 MHz RAM

Windows XP Home SP2

that is a strange problem, especially if everything else shows up ok. check to make sure these files are there:

bp_m4v2_ironsight_df.dds

Other thing to check is any settings you did with the graphics card drive, like turning off/on mip mapping or something. I'm running an nVidia card so I don't exactly know what ati drivers are like.

Try setting the textures to low as a test in game. If you messed with anything in the render_settings.xml, try setting it back to normal defualts.

Maybe it's an ati problem because i have checked those files you mentioned there Brettzies and they are there in those folders in my graw directory but i too get the black carrying handles, not too bothered realy as i tend to use acog, aimpoint.

Copying and renaming the file as you specified fixed the problem for me. At first, I didn't think it was a problem. When I was in the Army, some of M16's had different colors on them anyway. But after reading the problem and then following your directions, bam, proper texture and it looks great. I played a map with iron sights just to see them. The M16 iron sight is off, program limitations i know, but it still works. Anyway, thanks for fixing a problem I didn't know I had.

Maybe it's an ati problem because i have checked those files you mentioned there Brettzies and they are there in those folders in my graw directory but i too get the black carrying handles, not too bothered realy as i tend to use acog, aimpoint.

Some people seem to be having success with the trick I outlined above by copying the 3rd person texture into the main texture dir and renaming it.

The reason why I like to use iron sights is that the optical sights block visibility way too much in GRAW and almost every shooting game there is. In real life if you aim with Aimpoint or any other red dot sight you keep both eyes open. That means you see just the reticle of the sight in your field of vision and the frame of the sight is blurred. Only game that got it right was Delta Force Black Hawk Down but it didn't get anything else right apart from that :)

Some people seem to be having success with the trick I outlined above by copying the 3rd person texture into the main texture dir and renaming it.

I did what was suggested ..bingo, sorted ..thanks. Good job on the small sight assist.

Before

screenshot8xh9.th.jpg

After

screenshot12qu8.th.jpg

The reason why I like to use iron sights is that the optical sights block visibility way too much in GRAW and almost every shooting game there is. In real life if you aim with Aimpoint or any other red dot sight you keep both eyes open. That means you see just the reticle of the sight in your field of vision and the frame of the sight is blurred. Only game that got it right was Delta Force Black Hawk Down but it didn't get anything else right apart from that :)

I like ironsights as well. Just wish I could fix the anim to get them lined up right. I hope the little aiming assist helps you out though....workaround, but it does the trick for me.

@warcloud

Good to know it has worked for multiple people. I have changed the texture size, so any future releases should be fixed as well.