Mk12 mod 0 SPR

Brettzies

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you are doing. Your weapons are the only reason I started playing again. I hope that the community continues to support you. There was another quality modder that was alienated by immature posters and he stopped working on his mods. I hope the same doesn't happen to you. Thank you again. BTW, I really love the introduction movies you make, those really set your mod out to be topnotch.

Edited by jaedrian

Interesting. I thought 6 was pretty high, ai goes down even if shoot them in the feet. Maybe they are beefed up on certain maps? You can change it in the u_bp_mk12v1.xml. The barrett is set for 10. Maybe there is something else that effects this, but try that if you think it's too low. To be honest, I'm not sure if this weapon does that much more damage then an M16. I thought it was just more accurate and scoped, maybe a little more damage because of the barrel.

<!-- Moddable stats -->

<var name="damage" value="6"/> <!-- weapon damage + mods affect this -->

Oops, looks like you tried that. BTW, the weapon_data.xml damage setting does't do anything. It's just there for the bar stats. You have to do it in the u_bp_mk12v1.xml, I'd do it in both places just to be safe.

Edited by Brettzies

Wow, this is a wonderful new weapon you added. For the maps i've played, I've had no problem taking people out with one hit, other than my poor aiming<grin>. Outstanding work, thank you to everyone involved in putting this out. I'm sure you need a break from all the work in this one, but I am anxious to see what else you have plans for. Thank you and good luck.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I just wish I could have done these last summer/fall. Oh well, we'll see how Graw2 PC goes.

At least you know the HK416 is in GRAW2 now, so some of the animations should work right out of the box for your weapons. :) But it looks like you've got the animation part down now so it shouldn't be a problem for GRAW2 either.

At least you know the HK416 is in GRAW2 now, so some of the animations should work right out of the box for your weapons. :) But it looks like you've got the animation part down now so it shouldn't be a problem for GRAW2 either.

I assume these would go into GRAW2 as is without issue aside from mod_id #s and weapon_id #s depending on how much the game has changed. Using the HK416 anim sets would allow for lowering the ACOG and custom aimpoint, which would be nice. Even the SPR scope is slightly high. Ironsights would not line up since they are using an mp5 style ironsight. Maybe the flip up sight would work, that might be cool.

We'll find out soon enough. HK416 is a nice weapon by itself though.

Ironsights would not line up since they are using an mp5 style ironsight. Maybe the flip up sight would work, that might be cool.

Yes, the HK416 uses the standard HK ironsights. I don't think they are that different in hight then most other ironsights for the M16/4 families. The difference could probably be tweaked in the model by adjusting the scales a little as such small adjustments to reality isn't noticeable in-game.

I took the SPR through "Strong Point" and while sure okay, it doesn't have the hitting power of the Barrett.... it was actually great. I think I ended the mission alot quicker than normal with it, thanks! :thumbsup:

I took the SPR through "Strong Point" and while sure okay, it doesn't have the hitting power of the Barrett.... it was actually great. I think I ended the mission alot quicker than normal with it, thanks! :thumbsup:

I wonder if it should be a 6.8mm round? That's what it is in GR2, though, I got all of my info from here: Mk12 Info

It's really difficult to determine what damage values weapons should had. I know people always want a sniper rifle that kills with one shot, but this is a light sniper rifle based on the 5.56 round, not a .50 cal or even a 7.62. I don't think it's going to be too much more powerful then an M16 if at all. Here are the damage values I went with, but anyone should feel free to change them to their liking:

M4 - 2

M16 - 4

Mk12 - 6

Barrett - 10 (default game value)

Edited by Brettzies

I wonder if it should be a 6.8mm round? That's what it is in GR2, though, I got all of my info from here: Mk12 Info

It's really difficult to determine what damage values weapons should had. I know people always want a sniper rifle that kills with one shot, but this is a light sniper rifle based on the 5.56 round, not a .50 cal or even a 7.62. I don't think it's going to be too much more powerful then an M16 if at all. Here are the damage values I went with, but anyone should feel free to change them to their liking:

M4 - 2

M16 - 4

Mk12 - 6

Barrett - 10 (default game value)

Those numbers are really excessive. The M16 shouldn't be doing the same damage as the SCAR H. It'd be a lot more realistic with the M4 at 2, the M16 and Mk12 at 3, and the SCAR H at 5. Even an Mk12 in 6.8mm SPC would really only be 4.

By the way, is there any plan to change the M4 sounds? The M16 mostly sounds alright and the Mk12 sounds great, but the M4 sounds are really noisy (as in grain, not volume) and indistinct.

Oh yeah, minor note Brettzies, you should be able to tactically reload with the SPR series (i.e. when you got a magazine almost empty, and you switch out for a fresh one, there's one round left in the chamber). A minor note but it's always nice to have one up the spout :D

Oh yeah, minor note Brettzies, you should be able to tactically reload with the SPR series (i.e. when you got a magazine almost empty, and you switch out for a fresh one, there's one round left in the chamber). A minor note but it's always nice to have one up the spout :D

I turned that off for all of the weapons because all of the animations look a little strange since they are the scar anims. I thought it just turned off the anim, didn't know it took the round out as well, but I'll check it out. In other words, when it is turned on, you can fire one round in the middle of reloading, but once you finish reloading, the character will pull the cocking thing back or whatever it's called to get the first round in. It just looks really strange with these weapons so I turned it off.

Glad you are liking the weapon otherwise.

They are, but its probably where the texture is situated on the geometry of the scope.. Center of mass and I'm good to go... :)

Actually it's the bolt release that is hit, not so much the charging handle. When M16 series weapons empty the mag completely, the bolt locks to the rear, and therefore you insert another mag, then slap the bolt release, automatically chambering a round.

Edited by EricJ