AW10 Day Docks (all gametypes)

Tom_Anger

aw10_daydocks.jpg

Going on an old style with GRAW assets, this map was constructed to have containers, crates, trains, and more for a firefight like no other. This map has been scaled up and modified to entertain GRAW gameplay. Not an exact old map replica, but does reside on a dock during the day, thus the mapname. Enjoy!!!

Look for this on the =XE= or CoRe server. Rocky, if you are unable to get the maps from this link let me know and I will try to get it to you another way. Also if you get a chance can you change the Delta Force link to read AW05, 06, 07, 08 Delta Force? Thanks.

DOWNLOAD LINK - may require registration with the site

http://www.shadowcompanyelite.com/forum//i...amp;showfile=21

Map looks great, "EXCEPT" this:

As soon as you get on the bridge I get this message:

Sat Mar 10 12:35:39 2007

Crash in application version: p6 - 19 oct 17.42

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: hud in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\worldmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\levels\custom_levels\aw10_daydocks_ogr\aw10_daydocks_ogr.dsf(38)

Then the server just locks up. I have to manually log into server to restart. Does this everytime. This error is from the crash log on server. I was not able to get past that point to find anything esle wrong with map.

Now we do have MODS enabled, don't know if that is the problem since its a HUD problem. I hope this was enough info for ya.

Forgot to add, it was the [GR] version.

Edited by Bat21

sorry Tom_Anger for asking this question: when you say all game types, does that include Coop. I don't get to play online MP nor LAN, but would like to check out your map, and the only way I can do that is if I create a Coop game by myself.

I'm aware I'm going to get killed, A LOT <_< but as long as I can check your map, I'm happy with that consequences.

once again, thanks for sharing your talent with us and prolonging the GRAW HD-life. without modders like you GRAW would have been uninstalled a long time ago. :thumbsup:

It includes coop, but for some reason it is crashing for people so I will have to run through it again with some friends to see why. I had 2 different versions so in the next few days I will try to determine what the issue is and get back to you. Thanks for letting me know there was a problem. I did finish it a few times in testing so I will have to review.

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

E:\dev\graw1\trunk\engine\dieselx\source\utility\Archive.cpp(1772)Cannot open d:\program files\ubisoft\ghost recon advanced warfighter\data\textures\custom_levels\aw10_daydocks_dm\lightmaps\atlas0\tdb_atlas_set.xml.bin

I just ran through the DEATHMATCH and [GR] COOP and had zero issues. Me and SCE_ODiN ran through the coop on using my pc hosting (non-dedicated) and we finished the map in less than 30 minutes with barely any lag and no crashing. I then went to host as a dedicated and asked SCE_ODiN to join and BOOM. As soon as he reached the intersection at the highway and the bridge it crashed. Well, well.... I happpen to have display messages at varous locations and I believe that is what may cause the crash. Fixing it now and will update the link in a few if all goes well..... Stay tuned. This map is fun. I like to see 6-12 on this, but it is also fun for 2-6, but you will die a few times in the process.

File has been updated to v1.1. Go download and re-install this pack. The filenames are the same so just overwrite them. If you are playing it by yourself you will need a tank killer 2ndary weapon or you will never get to the docks. A sniper helps tremedously as well to get to the docks then they can snipe down the train tracks and pick up the enemy on the containers high above. Good luck. I don't think you will be dissapointed. Please let me know if it crashes again.

Thx a lot for the link :) and great map , i have test it alone on my serv with no crash . i will play it later this weeck end with my friends :thumbsup: Tom we really like your work !!! loocking forward for your next release :P

Edited by fred

I love the map, one problem is the lag it causes. For the most part, on every map we play our pings are low. But for some reason, this one causes alot of lag. All pings jump to around 200-300 and we average 50-60.

Is anyone else having this problem as well?

The lag or ping numbers vary. I have had 20 at one time for a Frame rate, then have it jump back up over 60 at times. I know what you mean by playing other's maps. I have enjoyed some in the past as well.

My guess is it is due to the 3 smoke stacks where the trains are and obviously at the beginning stand off where you make your way across the bridge type highway to the docks. There is a car on fire, and 2 areas where smoke pours across the highway to make sniping a little tougher. Along the train tracks you will notice some realism with the use of broken stone. That may cause lag if tons of people are kicking them around I think, but am not sure.

The weapons cache is loaded with crates and weapon boxes so the fact that there is a little firefight there and people most likely choose nades will cause lag at that location.

The lag I have experienced has been low when hosted on my pc with 3-4 players so I would think a dedi server would be a bit better. I tend to add as much realism then back off a bit if need be. If you get a chance take a look at the graffitti work on the trains. I was quite pleased the way that came out. You add some graffitti elements then go over them with some paint to offer a decent spray.

Water? If you are referring to the water in the map that basically came from the map called Com Station. I mapped this from that base stock map and threw the city blocks in to hide the blemished with the mountains. I had to change the 'Z' value as well to raise the water.

after a trying out the god_mode route to get back at some unfinished business :shifty: with Aguila Six...

I reinstalled GRAW+1.35 patch, I can finally install [GR] maps! Yipppeee!

Tom...this map is the bomb! I love the destroyed vehicles + smokes + enemiiieeeessss and their placement + that 1 sniper :whistle: ...after getting killed 15, or was it 28 times :unsure: (I was playing Lone Wolf) I finally got to 1/3 or 1/8 of the bridge (thanks for the fog of war :thumbsup::thumbsup: + one more :thumbsup: )

I can't wait for the weekend...that's if the wife doesn't take me to another kiddie party or shoe sale :angry:

Thanks Tom

thanks for this awesome map.

it is one of if not the best map i have played

good lighting and placement of enemies.

very creepy (playing with only one other) with them comming from different sides.

not too much overkill, and great sniper placements

thanks, this one realy is great.

Thanks Rocky - and each time you play this it should provide much different styles of gameplay. There are like thousands of AI plots (only around 160 enemy) and some enemy transports that offer variety to the game. Other than the minor laggish issues I enjoy playing it as well. 2 people can finish this in around 30-40 minutes with low deaths so I would suggest that you see if you can play the map out with 6 or more and keep the deaths under 10. Maybe put a 10 death limit and open the map up.

One of my favorite areas of this map is when you get past the train station and go by that grassy area near the end. It just came out real nice. and the AI can be a bit tricky, although when you get this far it is almost gravy in getting to the weapons cache so the tough part should be over by then and I don't believe this map is all that tough. It's time for some laid back fun fighting.