1.35 causing game stutter?

PwntUpRage

Hello all,

After installing the 1.35 patch I seem to have aquired a problem. I get a consistent game hiccup that causes a very brief freeze in the game. The freeze is extemely quick, only a fraction of a second, but it does it consistantly about every 7 seconds.

This was not occurring 12 hours earlier when I played with 1.30 and I did'nt add anything else new to my computer in the meantime.

I checked all my game settings and nothing has been changed.

When I run Fraps, I get a constant 35 FPS average and this does not change when the hiccup occurs.

Any suggestions?

On the off chance that it's somthing else competing for processing utilization, (we all know GRAW pegs things very high) try shutting off all non-essential processes on the computer. There might be something in the patch that now has a conflict with an existing process so it's worth checking out even if it's not likely.

Also is this happening in the Single Player campaign as well? Or is it only related to MP. If it is MP, try finding a server with the Anti-cheat off to see if it might be related to the AC.

Other than that, I'm out of suggestions.

Hello all,

After installing the 1.35 patch I seem to have aquired a problem. I get a consistent game hiccup that causes a very brief freeze in the game. The freeze is extemely quick, only a fraction of a second, but it does it consistantly about every 7 seconds.

This was not occurring 12 hours earlier when I played with 1.30 and I did'nt add anything else new to my computer in the meantime.

When I run Fraps, I get a constant 35 FPS average and this does not change when the hiccup occurs.

Any suggestions?

As posted in the other thread... (I will respond here now that i know this thread is here.)

One other issue i found. do you have an X-FI? the DLLML.exe was using high cpu on and off. It is not required for the x-fi to work. The way i found it was open GRAW, alt tab out, ctrl-alt-del, task manager. Click on processes tab. Click on cpu so it lists what is using the most. GRAW will be at the top at 50-100%. Look for the DLLML.exe file to be jumping up and down in the list.

Follow these instructions to remove it

http://www.file.net/process/dllml.exe.html

I imagine not just the xfi has this file but the audigy series also.

I just have onboard sound, but I left the game running and watched the processes for a few minutes. Cpu for graw stayed at 99% and the only other process that ever even flicked up two percent was of course the task manager. All else stayed at zero.

I tried what Flimflam said as well, with or without anticheat on is the same. (created online server with both)

Unless your in the middle of aiming at someone, its mereley a nuisance. but still iratating all the same.

Thanks.

Same issue here. Have never had a problem before with any versions. I thought it may have been from my render_settings mods, but even replacing to default I experience the 5-7 second stutter issue (in [GR] Coop, haven't tried anything else yet). I'm going to try booting clean to see if something in the background is causing this. I know it's not my virus scanner - always off when gaming.

BTW,

Running XP on a 3500+, 2 gb, ATI 1600 512....etc. I'm a little stumped on this one. I am running an Audigy, so I'll check for the DLLML thingamabob mentioned by ROCOAFZ.

I need to go get drunk tonight first......

I just have onboard sound, but I left the game running and watched the processes for a few minutes. Cpu for graw stayed at 99% and the only other process that ever even flicked up two percent was of course the task manager. All else stayed at zero.

I tried what Flimflam said as well, with or without anticheat on is the same. (created online server with both)

Unless your in the middle of aiming at someone, its mereley a nuisance. but still iratating all the same.

Thanks.

100% means you have a single core processor. Lets see if anyone with single core on this board has the same issue (may be some sort of maxed out single CPU bug). Anyone else have this issue that isn't dual core or hyperthreading?

Have you tried other modes for the sound? Some onboard will choose extreme but with all the sounds and eax i imagine since onboard sound uses cpu cycles due to it not having it's own processor that under higher amounts of sound that could happen. If it's listed as extreme, test with High, and medium and see if you get the same effect.

Cuchillo, we know you don't like GRAW, so please don't spam. Some peeps here do but are asking about helping fixing issues. if you want to rant please start your own thread. Thanks.

Nothing from my single core AMD 3700+(Added: 1MB L2 Cache). But i would think some single core processors have ONLY 512KB caches and this might affect the game for data fetching from the CPU. I understand some multi core CPU's allow for "cache sharing" so if each core has a 1MB cache, on a 4 core system you can have 4MB cache if you only use a single core For GRAW. (maybe I'm smoking something here just a guess?)

@ everyone. I'm receiving my D-LINK gaming router via UPS delivery on monday. I'll run some preliminary tests with GRAW to see how well it combats this lag or stuttering you are talking about.

D-LINKS Gaming router has the "gamefuel" technology that combats latency for gamers on the uplink side so I'm told. but the reviews for this router are fantastic and alot of gamers have said this was the best router they have EVER owned. I'll post the test results after I get it setup on monday.

I'm currently using a netgear router that is constantly disconnecting my internet and i have to always unplug the router to get it to kick the connection back on. so it's pretty much dead.

before you buy another router just yet, I'll help anyone by seeing if this router helps.

cheers!

Papa6

here are some links;

DLINK UK...this is the 4300 model

Here's australia's 4100 version

and the 4300 version

Edited by Papa6

Have you tried other modes for the sound? Some onboard will choose extreme but with all the sounds and eax i imagine since onboard sound uses cpu cycles due to it not having it's own processor that under higher amounts of sound that could happen. If it's listed as extreme, test with High, and medium and see if you get the same effect.

Ya I tried different sound settings already as I recalled someone mentioning the sounds in game have been improved somewhat.

Tried on Low, Med., and with EAX off and found no difference. Ran all sorts of anti spyware, reg cleaner, antivirus, defrag'd, disc cleaned, etc without any luck.

Also, I don't run through a router, but thanks Papa.

Edited by PwntUpRage

I think Papa6's cache theory is a good one, but I would've expected more negative feedback (512k cache is still pretty common).

Here's where I stand so far:

Update and downgraded ATI drivers - no help

Changed aperture sizes (AGP) - no help

Updated Audigy drivers - no help

Unloaded and updated "Setpoint" Logitech G5 - no help

I've unloaded pretty much everything from my toolbar with no success.

I watched my CPU loading and it doesn't seem to be related to anything running in background. My processor never hits 100% (but dern close).

I'm going to start removing startup items from my MSCONFIG to see ###### is going on here..... :wall:

Click on my sig, they have a GRAW tweak guide there and it explains how to adjust things, along with some solutions for stuttering problems.

Thanks Nut....

I've been there before, but I'll check it again. My system has been Cadillacin' UNTIL 1.35 patch, so if there's new stuttering fixes based on the 1.35 release, I'll give em a go.

Ha! I WISH I ran this website. It's actually an Australian guy that runs it. Great guides overall, very thorough and he actually makes you learn what your doing without just saying "Do this for performance enhancements" like some male enhancement commercial. I've been a fan of the site for going on I think 4 years now.

Well, upgraded my main PC to an Opti 180 (dual core 2.4, 1024k). Took care of the stutter issue I was having with my Winchester 3500+ (single core, 2.2, 512k). Maybe Papa6 was right....It could still be an application running in the background that the dually is handling better.

I'm just shocked that so little was changed with patch 1.35 to introduce a stutter. The game ran so well for me from day 1 through patch 1.30. Oh well, I'm good again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem.

What i did to get rid of the problem was this:

I uninstalled the entire game (GRAW) and downloaded the latest grafficdrivers for my agp videocard.

Updated my agp card, then installed GRAW again. And applyed the latest patch 1.35.

Now it works as smooth as before.

This worked for me, maybe it will work for some one else !?

Just trying to help...

/Whisssper

This issue is a BUG with the patch, plain and simple.

I updated my ATI drivers and it still occurs.

Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it is rediculous. GRIN needs to address it or at the very least, acknowledge that it is a problem.

Since they don't seem to be interesting in fixing it, if I do attempt to uninstall and reinstall the game, which patches do I need to apply? Surely not all of them.

Since they don't seem to be interesting in fixing it, if I do attempt to uninstall and reinstall the game, which patches do I need to apply? Surely not all of them.

http://patches.ubi.com/ghost_recon_advance...ighter_1.35.exe

The one and only one you need...it's cumulative.

Has anyone experiencing this problem submitted a request for assistance @

http://www.ubi.com/us/support/default.aspx

Got a response which was quite long, but I'm thinking it was an autogenerated blog for whiners like me.

The majority of suggestions of things to try were things I clearly said I already tried in my email to them.

Another suggestion was get a new video card.....nice. I guess my card became outdated an hour after the 1.35 patch was released.

Oh well.