Original Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon its dying , good times , and fun moments of playing this Original game , It needs a Truth Replacement = Thats is in works but not until 2008 .

This was One Original Game :yes: 100 % FUN !!!! Modable , playable, replayable and most important thing , brought together Trough this Fan site ( Rocky admin.) a whole new breed of bright ppl. to the mod. scene , RSE and Ubisoft did a GREAT JOB !!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope my dear UBI guy , you know who you are , :whistle: place what the gaming community " plays " and "mod. " and incorporated in that " last project " , I think the new gen. in Team UBI devs. are getting the right direction Now . As I say once " Make it FUN make it Playable ."

and by the way Merry XMAS (in advance ) to every body in this forums .

p.d. (there will be ppl. still playing [GR] for a little while) .

Cheers

Last time I checked, there was still a load of GR mods coming out and being worked on. GR is far from dead. I too have noticed the drop in interest of the GR1 scene, but many who have tried GRAW actually came back to GR1.

There will always be some mod, for some game, being worked on by some one (whether they publically release the mod or not.)

Last time I checked, there was still a load of GR mods coming out and being worked on. GR is far from dead. I too have noticed the drop in interest of the GR1 scene, but many who have tried GRAW actually came back to GR1.

There will always be some mod, for some game, being worked on by some one (whether they publically release the mod or not.)

Very good post, WD. I personally have no idea when (of if :P ) I'm going to stop playing and modding TCGR and I hope many of you here think the same way.

;)

CC

I think the thing is thou that the mods that are in production now, bar Centcom which is really an old mod, arent the same class as the old mods such as Frostbite, YOTM, WOI, HX, Standard Upgrade etc etc etc. The old people of GR have mostly moved on an dont even have GR installed anymore. Shame as GR still has so much more to give.

^^ Interesting post ^^ though somewhat inaccurate IMO esp. the idea that current mods are not of same quality as past / older mods. :o (FYI, YotM is a 2006 mod, so it's this year's vintage!)

Is El_Davido confusing quality with quantity? Many newer mods contain brilliant missions & definitely tend to be far freer of bugs / glitches than past years' mods. Weapons :gun: have always been the same IMO: some folks make excellent models; others don't. Sounds, effects, voices are better now & also used better. incl. w/map tagging, etc.

Skins (incl. vehicle skins+models :drool:) are as a rule way way better now than they used to be & it's almost standard to manipulate the player soldiers so as to offer a nice variety incl. many different attachments & models. Opforce / enemy & NPCs are way better-looking & more varried.

Storylines & esp. campaign missions have not gone down the toilet, far from it. They tend to be better-researched & are every bit as good as ever they were... & often more immersive because so many of the other game assets (mentioned) have been customized and/or are new. All in all, contemporary (TC)GR modders are more inclined to release Mods closer to "total conversion" than years ago.

And maps... the mainstay... :notworthy: maps are certainly better, albeit there are only a few guys left mapping & these fellows are long-service chaps, e.g., sleeper & cobaka (who surely would agree that their skills / expertise have become even more polished over the years).

That there are fewer players & modders overall & thus fewer mods released is unquestionably true though. Still, :ph34r: check out some of the new mods like MVD Osnaz, The Great Patriotic War, etc. (What's to improve?)

I agree with Chems about the mods, not about quality ok, great modders are still working, as migryder, cobaka, the worm, phlookian, etc ..., but lets see the "highlight" of the mods, thats total conversion, the last mod added to the download section was BIM on 09/2005 ! , as Starship Troopers (2006) is an unfinished project (and in 2005 there were 20+ entries).

YOTM, considered an expansion pack, was included on 02/2006 (and in 2005 there were 8 entries).

Even Sniper Cannon, thats a 2006 equipment mod and had many downloads , is an old project (from 2003/2004/2005) that i helped to release now, but includes many great weapons made by modders that arent active anymore (like denome_lanicon, soup31314, jeppeto, stalker_zero - just kidding now-, malebogia, hitman, etc...).

I would like to play more GREAT mods, with all new maps, vehicles, weapons, etc..., in GR1, as CENTCOM.

:maybe:

Edited by thales100

@thales: :D How are you considering YotM as an expansion pack? It's not different than Frostbite in terms of offerings (except it lacks the intro/outro movies).

Aren't "conversions" mods that give new player soldiers, weapons, kits, opforce, maps (sometimes retextures) & storyline/campaign/mission(s) + hud/splashes?

:charge:

The ground-breaking mods like Alpha Squad's or Harntrox's -- esp. w/new assets/features to manipulate + those excellent new randomized gtf(s) -- or DonMiguel's Platoon Extender mod, well, once they've been made, the feature exists/is usable, so these kinds of unique additions/changes cannot really be re-done/done twice, can they? :turned:

I agree with Chems about the mods, not about quality ok, great modders are still working, as migryder, cobaka, the worm, phlookian, etc ..., but lets see the "highlight" of the mods, thats total conversion, the last mod added to the download section was BIM on 09/2005 ! , as Starship Troopers (2006) is an unfinished project (and in 2005 there were 20+ entries).

YOTM, considered an expansion pack, was included on 02/2006 (and in 2005 there were 8 entries).

Even Sniper Cannon, thats a 2006 equipment mod and had many downloads (2000+ in one month), is an old project (from 2003/2004/2005) that i helped to release now, but includes many great weapons made by modders that arent active anymore (like denome_lanicon, soup31314, jeppeto, stalker_zero - just kidding now-, malebogia, hitman, etc...).

I would like to play more GREAT mods, with all new maps, vehicles, weapons, etc..., in GR1, as CENTCOM.

:maybe:

We will young Jedi!

Have faith...

:hi:

"...arent the same class as the old mods such as Frostbite, YOTM, WOI, HX, Standard Upgrade etc etc etc. The old people of GR have mostly moved on an dont even have GR installed anymore. Shame as GR still has so much more to give."

Not all the old dogs have moved on to something else....and some that have might just be returning in the near future.

Well, im also using the number of downloads from the dl section. ;)

Anyway, even if we consider YOTM a total conversion, we would have 2 entries in 2006 (YOTM + ARVN) x 30+ in 2005 (last mod added was in fact SFFKKC, in 10/2005).

;)

@Tinker: I was :( , now that ive read your post im :rofl: .

Edited by thales100

"...arent the same class as the old mods such as Frostbite, YOTM, WOI, HX, Standard Upgrade etc etc etc. The old people of GR have mostly moved on an dont even have GR installed anymore. Shame as GR still has so much more to give."

Not all the old dogs have moved on to something else....and some that have might just be returning in the near future.

interesting comment Don Miguel, that would be nice...

mig :ph34r:

I'm one of those individuals that tried GRAW and came back to GR1.

Yeah some of us are, but a lot arent.

@Jani, dont mean to be condesending but I dont remember you been around back in the prime days of GR, when the likes of Frostbite, Monoliths mods, BJB's and Earl where in full swing the quality of things been shown where a lot higher. There are still great models around, Snowfella's stuff is always great (although hes moved on now) and Swartsz just keeps getting better and Eskiwaad (sp?) is outstanding.

Id say overall the modders that are mainly modding now are a new generation and arent yet really as good as the old school people where, but if the support remains about I can see a whole new flowering for gr.

@Janie: cause its in the "unnoficial expansion pack" download section here in GR.NET.

:)

What is meant by that statement is that the mods within could easily be considered "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Expansion Packs" (IE Desert Siege, Island Thunder), however, since they are not in any way fabricated, produced, and/or endorsed by UBI or RSE, they are therefore "unofficial". :geek: Unofficial expansion pack mods are just a fancy way of saying total conversion mods. And Janie, Id certainly consider YOTM to be a total conversion mod, considering it has new maps, new guns, new characters, new missions, a campaign, even all the shell artwork has been modded. And its a standalone mod.

As for the modding community? I would say its pretty much done. I couldnt find help for my mod to save my life. Theres just not much intrest, and I dont care what anyone says, aside from a select few, the modders have gone. You can pretty much count the 3ds max GR modders in the GR secion on one hand.

Edited by element11