Is it just me...

That's why you shoot for the neck... if you were to miss no harm done.

You've never hunted have you? If you aim for the neck and jerk low then you've wounded the deer. It's obvious by your comment that quartering wind at 200 yards you'd just aim dead on. You should probably comment about something you actually know about.

Sounds as irresponsible as my hunting story

I've never had a jack get away wounded. When you hit them, even if it's a grazing shot you slow them way down. I know this may be hard for you to understand, but there's a huge size difference between rabbits and deer.

We may not competition shoot but we DO know what looks real and what does not from our own experiences, meaning you should actually respect some of our opinions.

So are you telling me that the sight picture you see in GRAW looks real to you? Then you aren't shouldering the rifle correct IRL. As for respect, I have none for you ROCO. It's obvious why it's tense around here and you think it's funny to blame me for it. Before today check the last time I posted here, then before that. I maybe hit this place a couple times a week and mostly to read.

And the point of my post which zoomed over your head was that dude was comparing what is "real" and just as you can shoot down reality in [GR] I shot it down in GRAW.

Edited by ruggbutt

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But times have changed. look at GR.net for example. It too has changed. we don't see harntrox here anymore, el-oso to name two i know of. People come and go. as well as the PC game industry. but just know that E3 will be changed next year according to www.neowin.net . maybe being nostalgic doesn't do me any good.

I'm still catching up on this thread, but needed to comment that just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't here. :whistle::ph34r:

You can still respect someone, but you don't have to respect their point of view. But to say that you flat out don't respect someone? That's pure hatred.

I would not be surprised if this thread gets locked.

It's more obvious why it is tense around here is not only due to a lack of patience, it's a lack for respect amongst some of the people who visit here.

I'm :offtopic:, but I doubt the admins will allow what's going on here much longer.

You can still respect someone, but you don't have to respect their point of view. But to say that you flat out don't respect someone? That's pure hatred.

I would not be surprised if this thread gets locked.

It's more obvious why it is tense around here is not only due to a lack of patience, it's a lack for respect amongst some of the people who visit here.

I'm :offtopic:, but I doubt the admins will allow what's going on here much longer.

Respect on the internet?! A new concept to most...

That's nonsense. Since when do you hate someone just because you don't respect them? Doesn't anyone believe that respect has to be EARNED anymore? Or, do I have to repect EVERYONE? That's a load of PC BS right there!

Please, let's keep PC-speak out of the forums.

Hate to bring this up... but we all are :offtopic: now. :)

Yes, and thank God for that. The original topic was a recipe for disaster.

Um, you may want to think again. Either get back on topic or this thread will get locked. Discussion of experience while shooting can be taken to general off topic - I'll join in with my own experience there. :yes:

The OP was pointed out that tension is high around here and it is. Most of us are grown ups and stressing over a game seems to be a bit rediculous to me. When you start feeling stressed maybe you should get up from the computer and go take a walk outside.

The OP was pointed out that tension is high around here and it is. Most of us are grown ups and stressing over a game seems to be a bit rediculous to me. When you start feeling stressed maybe you should get up from the computer and go take a walk outside.

I agree 100%. I thought the direction taken was a relief compared to where this thread COULD have gone. Alas, I see by the posts above that the hostilities have resumed.

When you start feeling stressed maybe you should get up from the computer and go take a walk outside.

I did that this morning. I had to mediate a squabble between two tenants who rent commercial property from me. The argument was over the use of a hose bib. Seriously................

I think I like the forums better than RL. ;)

When you start feeling stressed maybe you should get up from the computer and go take a walk outside.

I did that this morning. I had to mediate a squabble between two tenants who rent commercial property from me. The argument was over the use of a hose bib. Seriously................

I think I like the forums better than RL. ;)

Evict them for being stupid.

Swerving back to the OP topic.........

back on the 1st page somewhere someone asked if we complainers really expected a complete game in 14 months. So, I return to the OP, by saying....

14 months was a jacked up time frame. No, starting from nada and going complete was pretty much un-doable. I know that, you know that, and damn sure grin knew that or they should have. But prior to release all we were fed was endless 360 shots passes off as PC, and stone walled by Ubi (Grin was handcuffed by the NDA) who have never met a fan base they like to talk to. We asked why are we seeing 360 pics for the PC game......Ubi's reply..."The sky is blue and water is yes, wet and all in good time" etc...

So the demo arrives (finally) and we all go ape feces over it. Heck I loved it. GRAW goes live and we all rush out and plunck our $49.99 down for it. It's gone down hill from there. See in my mind, we paid full retail shinny new game price for a game that was pretty much 30-45% complete. The tension comes from people voicing their concerns, problems, gripes, etc....and getting kicked in the head over and over for it by those who think things are just peachy. Everyone out there plays GRAW or for that matter [GR], in their own way, so they look at it from their perspective game style. But we all hold it to the [GR] standard. Therein lies the dissapointment. Im my RL job, if I put out a foundation package but didnt include the reinforcing or the anchor bolts or designed for the allowable bearing pressures, I'd end up in court and then get fired directly for failing to fufill the contract. Am I saying somebody needs to file suit...heck no. But expecting us to enjoy an incomplete work and being told to like it and shut up about it pretty much sucks.

Will GRAW get patched up to expectations? Yes if Ubi allows grin to fix it. Problem is....will there be anyone around to notice?

Edited by Buffalo-6

Great post Buffalo-6!

I think the posting of rugg and me shows the tensions are high, and is right on target for this topic LOL

Btw the cause of tension thing was a joke rugg... laugh a little.

Die you gravy sucking pig. J/K Roco, I've always wanted to use one of my fave Steve Martin quotes. :D

The tension comes from people voicing their concerns, problems, gripes, etc....and getting kicked in the head over and over for it by those who think things are just peachy.

As an outsider (I never played [GR]) I think the tension is so thick because it seemed as though every thread was hijacked by a discontent [GR] fan. Admittedly, it does not seem as bad now as when I first joined these forums a few short weeks ago.

Here's an example:

OP: How do you use the "cover" command?

Reply: Check the manual. Oh, it's not in the manual because this game sux.

So, the replies were not always constructive, and often invited hostility.

EDIT: Not that [GR] fans did not have anything to gripe about, or the right to gripe.

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

' date='Aug 1 2006, 04:26 PM' post='405061']

The tension comes from people voicing their concerns, problems, gripes, etc....and getting kicked in the head over and over for it by those who think things are just peachy.

As an outsider (I never played [GR]) I think the tension is so thick because it seemed as though every thread was hijacked by a discontent [GR] fan. Admittedly, it does not seem as bad now as when I first joined these forums a few short weeks ago.

Here's an example:

OP: How do you use the "cover" command?

Reply: Check the manual. Oh, it's not in the manual because this game sux.

So, the replies were not always constructive, and often invited hostility.

EDIT: Not that [GR] fans did not have anything to gripe about, or the right to gripe.

I'm glad I never played [GR]....I can enjoy G.R.A.W in peace then :P

*folds hands,gets on knees,prays to GOD that the upcoming patch will bring about more people/servers to play MP on*