CADPAT Skin for Mexicans in MP

I can't figure out a way to test it now that no modders are allowed in dom servers. Does somebody want to test this out? Its hard for me to improve upon something I can't test...

edit: I didn't want the Americans to be the only ones with a digital pattern :)

cadpat%20mexican%20skin.jpg

Edited by Scubaman3D

Really nice scubaman!I'd like to try it but probably you're referring to MP with the last patch?so I can't couse i cannot play MP.

yeah, I can't do MP either. I enjoy modding too much and I can't seem to install 2 copies of GRAW.

In any case, I have assigned the "Mex MP" skin to Brown, so instead of Brown with ACU, I have "generic Mexican MP guy" with CADPAT, so thats working out nicely.

I'll post picts soon.

Edited by Scubaman3D

Brown = Mexican with CADPAT

Thank you bugkill for your "Ghosts wearing woodland" thread. So I found a way to test it. The patern is a little small. I'll have to fix it.

cadpat-v1.jpg

Holy damn :blink: , if it weren for that olive-green vest, the mexican soldier would've camouflaged with the wall.

• 1 month later...

Can you release this as a skin mod for the Ghosts (in MultiCam perhaps?). I'm tired of the Space Marine look while I'm playing CO-OP.

silent_op

This would actually be a pretty easy mod to make. I'll look into it.

Hi Scubaman3D,

I was just curious about this last post. Do you think you can still put this request together? I know myself and lots of other CO-OP GR:AWers would like it. :yes:

silent_op

Can you release this as a skin mod for the Ghosts (in MultiCam perhaps?). I'm tired of the Space Marine look while I'm playing CO-OP.

silent_op

This would actually be a pretty easy mod to make. I'll look into it.

Hi Scubaman3D,

I was just curious about this last post. Do you think you can still put this request together? I know myself and lots of other CO-OP GR:AWers would like it. :yes:

silent_op

Sure...I regularly play with Brown as the MexMP guy so to make everybody look like that is just a matter of changing about 4 lines in an xml document - or at least it should be that easy.

What pattern did you have in mind? I've got one that might be interesting to try out, but I won't say yet what it is until I unveil my latest work. ;)

Edited by Scubaman3D

Sure...I regularly play with Brown as the MexMP guy so to make everybody look like that is just a matter of changing about 4 lines in an xml document - or at least it should be that easy.

What pattern did you have in mind? I've got one that might be interesting to try out, but I won't say yet what it is until I unveil my latest work. ;)

Wow, the CO-OP scene for all the [GR] CO-OP fans would get just a little better with such a skin mod. I wouldn't mind seeing the Ghosts in your ACU pattern, until you release your next pattern.

silent_op

tigerme%20mexmp.jpg

For anybody interested, here is the skin I'm working on in PS for an upcoming coop mod. I can't test it myself because I'm sans a DVD player for the time.

The mod *should* replace what has been called the "space suits" the ghosts are wearing with the skin for the MexMP characters.

The mod is currently being tested by two individuals but I'm hoping to recruit more, especially those who can play GRAW with high res.

The skin is a ACU-like tigerstripe pattern. I'm working on a similar version for the regular ghost uniforms as well.

Those jpegs lose a lot of detail compared to the dds files. Anychance you can make the atlas.dds files available.

sure, when I release the mod. Unfortunately, I'm working on my thesis now.

This has beena really busy time, traveling overseas, writing my thesis, I got engaged...geez, all in one month. :)

Sorry, I should have stated that these SS were taken in SP...my LAN opponent is on vacation.

Scubaman, can you please allow the mex balaclava skins work in CO-OP?

I placed the Units folder and the mex_mp folder into my already installed mod, GR:AW Community Mod Pack v1.5. This mod already contains Scuba's ACU skinned Ghosts.

What I did:

- I placed the Units folder into my english folder

- I placed mex_mp folder into my atlas_characters

(Now the atlas_characters folder contains ghost_team, us_marine, and mex_mp folders)

I tested the mod with the added xml files in CO-OP. The balaclava mex skins worked in CO-OP, but there were no other players, just 3 AI and myself. I then tested the mod with other players in CO-OP over Game Spy. The ACU patterned Ghost skins came up. I then tested with CO-OP with people running an exact copy of my local folder, this also resulted in just showing the ACU pattern Ghosts.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Sorry, I should have stated that these SS were taken in SP...my LAN opponent is on vacation.

Scubaman, can you please allow the mex balaclava skins work in CO-OP?

I placed the Units folder and the mex_mp folder into my already installed mod, GR:AW Community Mod Pack v1.5. This mod already contains Scuba's ACU skinned Ghosts.

What I did:

(Now the atlas_characters folder contains ghost_team, us_marine, and mex_mp folders)

I tested the mod with the added xml files in CO-OP. The balaclava mex skins worked in CO-OP, but there were no other players, just 3 AI and myself. I then tested the mod with other players in CO-OP over Game Spy. The ACU patterned Ghost skins came up. I then tested with CO-OP with people running an exact copy of my local folder, this also resulted in just showing the ACU pattern Ghosts.

silent_op

hmm, I was afraid of this. I changed the model file for the AI team members, as well as a character named "beasley" - who I assumed was Mitchel, over to the MexMP models. What I didn't know was wether or not Mitchel's skin was switched over as well...I never checked this. Its possible that Mitchel's skin is still the ACU and every player in coop is considered 'Mitchel' because he is under human control.

I may need to find and edit additional xml files, I'll check once I'm home this weekend.

What I did:

Did you try to run NMSG without the Community mod to see if it is just a conflict with a file in one of the other folders?