Colin: What's your response to the negativity?

Here is a suggestion for the forum..

on posts like

Could somebody please send this post to one of the fifty or so dedicated to the subject? See, this is exactly what I mean.

Have more attitude then what the poster said. Why not just put a link and tell them to follow it... and move on?

If it is so easy to find then the moderators should know exactly how to link it.

The above quote only leads to more negativity instead of giving a positive solution.

As for GRAW, I like it. I will really like MP (maybe not domination) but for the co-op (and i usually don't like co-op that much) it's refreshing. A few small bugs but nothing as bad as other demo's i have played. (anyone remember the netcode on the beta of battlefield 1942 when it came out... YUCK!)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the crud that I am seeing on here these days. Since I first joined GR.net (a lot longer ago than many of the posters these days), this was one of the few forums where people could voice their opinion, debate the issues, and agree to disagree, no matter the topic. For the last several months, especially since GRIN started hanging out here, this place has been over run by a bunch of "holier than thou" types who think that theirs is the only opinion that matters about anything. I'm one of the many that can't run the demo because of the last minute spec changes, so I don't know what to think about the viability of this game. What I have to go on at this point is the information that is getting posted on this site, and I for one appreciate both the positive and the negative posts here. I certainly don't want to make my decision to spend money to upgrade and purchase the game and only have heard the sugar-coated suckup opinions of all the GRIN fanboys that have moved in here lately. At this point, the only people in here posting that I am paying any attention to are the ones who's join date is ealier than, well, yesterday.

Rocky, ZJJ, Collin, I appreciate the wealth of information that has been given to the community by the Dev's. I am sure that they deserve kudos for the hard work that they put in the game. I am truly concerned however with the fact that all these johnnie-come-latelys can come in here and talk down to guys that have been with you for years and nothing is said about it because all of the moderators/admins are trying to protect their relationship with the Devs. I WANT to know if there are problems. The MP issues DO interest me, as TVT is what we play mostly. Guys should be able to voice their concerns without having to deal with 473 guys calling them a ###### because they disagree.

Giv'em hell Rugg!!!

Collector*AFZ*

A thought for would be posters (including myself). Ask yourself, before you post, whether your post will contribute to the games development or create a forum whore argument. Please realize that not everyone has the same pc hardware, therefore the game will play and look a bit differently for each of us. As far as the game itself, your opinion is your opinion. Posting it here a thousand times will not change anyone else's opinion nor will it make your opinion fact.

We all hope and pray that our complaints and thoughts get heard. But the fact of the matter is, that when so many people post so much random stuff and so many negative comments, they stop listening.

How can we prevent that from happening??

Only post comments that will attribute to a excellent game.

Good post!

If thats the case, is there a possibilty we can put together a list of requests based on what we have with demo. I have a few (that have got lost in other threads) about use of tactical map and things worth considering for a future update. Not to do with "patch" but general feature updates.

I guess its a no-no as a thread due to "random" things, so what about a PM to a moderator to filter and collate a list of decent requests?

Just to get things back to constructive lists for grin.

I think that valid ideas occasionaly emerge from these 'less than desirable' threads.

Everyone PM'ing the moderators with each idea is NOT a good idea, they would be swamped. But that is up to them.

I dont think their mail boxes are big enough to handle the influx of junk mail.

I do however believe we need a clean up of the main GR:AW PC forum and a new forum Master thread for GR:AW PC with sub threads for the Demo, Support, Ideas, General, Modding, and whatever else. I think maybe if we divide the Forum up a bit more it may seem like there are less junk threads.

First of all i like the gameplay and i feel the new domination mode will be a hit and i like idea of supply lines etc, its refreshing

also i love the way the weapons have been designed and modeled, in that respect it is far superior to the 360 version.

BUT

my system is not ancient and i am not an idiot but i cannot get the game to run adequately enough, and im not the only one. i have tried everything believe me. this game i have waited for for what seems like eternity yet now here it is and i cant experience it properly :(

id like to know if grin are aware of any specific problems regarding the games optimization and whether it can be fixed, because im not prepared to fork out on a new pc/card for one game. like i say im not a newbie and i know how to set my system up, it just seems odd the demo wont run on lowest res at lowest settings even above 20fps during action.

yours,

a broken hearted gr fan

so bahger what category would you pigeon hole me in?

EDIT

just changed to the latest 'beta' drivers and theres a decent increase and the game is just about playable in SP to the point whered id buy it but its ugly as hell

Edited by babydave

Well yeah Babydave its a shame the "game industry" sometimes its a bit CRUEL with gamers without the $$ posibilities.

Real life first and other things.

Or let me post it like this .. no doubt that the new office in charge of dev. this game now "Grin" didn't or couldn't do to much about to resolve this old gripe about "Upgrades" talking about tech. especs for his game , like for example that AA and lightning tech. issue (no compatibility) yes we know about that "xml file to be tweaked" , and yes I think was not specifically exampled in the low and High specs. about to mention what kind of video card u need to enjoy this game at full ( 512 MB.) and by the other hand for us here was no surprise to see they release the "demo" just a few days of the original , so in colofon "Grin" made the game.... in our eyes Nothing new , but not bad , full of bugs yes.... as any other new game , waiting for the new patches to resolve something they already knew , and other tech.aspects that the gaming community will post and choose to have in this game once the game its release and ppl start looking at the final product another stage of marketing a product .

Becasue Honestly this game could have been produce for lower specs or low end cards.

and no UBI we havent forget you this is not about Grin. little fish in the pond is about RSE an UBI SOFT.

and hope Babydave at the end of this yr. Nvidia will release a no expensive version of video card 6/7 fam., with 512 MB. Ati already got some no expensive ones a Radeon diamond x1300 PCi e or AGP less than 200.00 us.

Edited by Cuchillo*

yeah if its the case nothing can be done about it i guess ill have to just wait until the really good cards come down in price  :sheep:

sigh sigh sigh

geforce 8 series is coming in june/july according to wiki things like that force prices down.

I can't believe the crud that I am seeing on here these days.  Since I first joined GR.net (a lot longer ago than many of the posters these days), this was one of the few forums where people could voice their opinion, debate the issues, and agree to disagree, no matter the topic.  For the last several months, especially since GRIN started hanging out here, this place has been over run by a bunch of "holier than thou" types who think that theirs is the only opinion that matters about anything.  I'm one of the many that can't run the demo because of the last minute spec changes, so I don't know what to think about the viability of this game.  What I have to go on at this point is the information that is getting posted on this site, and I for one appreciate both the positive and the negative posts here.  I certainly don't want to make my decision to spend money to upgrade and purchase the game and only have heard the sugar-coated suckup opinions of all the GRIN fanboys that have moved in here lately.  At this point, the only people in here posting that I am paying any attention to are the ones who's join date is ealier than, well, yesterday. 

Rocky, ZJJ, Collin, I appreciate the wealth of information that has been given to the community by the Dev's. I am sure that they deserve kudos for the hard work that they put in the game. I am truly concerned however with the fact that all these johnnie-come-latelys can come in here and talk down to guys that have been with you for years and nothing is said about it because all of the moderators/admins are trying to protect their relationship with the Devs.  I WANT to know if there are problems.  The MP issues DO interest me, as TVT is what we play mostly.  Guys should be able to voice their concerns without having to deal with 473 guys calling them a ###### because they disagree.

Giv'em hell Rugg!!!

Collector*AFZ*

I think you have the wrong idea. no one said you cant express opinions. However there are constructive post and just plain hurtful post. If you truely love this franchise then you would state your issues and offer possible changes or ideas that can improve them. This is a complex game and with complexity comes more room for error. No one said its perfect ...its just a demo. Look at the difference between the original RvS demo and how it is now. 2 different games.

Asfar as grin ...well i havent been in this forum for long but when the game dev's go out of their way to provide answers and info and accept input fromt he very community they are providing for ...That deserves respect. I dont consider that being a suck up. Do you honestly think that the things you want changed are gonna come to reality if people bash grin all day long? Do you think they will bother spending time here to even read your post?

If your un-happy ....fine. The only way to get your problems fixed is by keeping this forum nice and constructive. guess my point is that being mature and construct is benificial to your and all of our Happness.

BTW insulting your jhonny come lately's is no way to build a community. remember the more people who play this game, the more ubi will allow for future attention. remember YOU were a noob once too.

:)

2.  Outraged MP clan blowhards

7.  Morons who compare the game unfavourably to LOCKDOWN

8.  Obsessive frame-counters

10. Babies

Most of those "complaints" are ridiculous and not worth commenting...

You also notice that the the severely negitive post are over and over from the same SMALL group of people ...and trolls.

All sounds pretty constructive, positive, and mature to me. I'll just put it out there Xeno, you're full of garbage. You've been a member on this site for less than a month and you're in here telling guys like Ruggbut what it takes to have a sweet, cuddly, GR community. In my opinion, the GR.Net community was a lot better before the influx of folks that have dropped in here and attempted to tell everyone else how they should feel about every topic that has been started on this site in the last 3 months.

And you're right, I was a noob once. And I came into this community and tried to show the respect that everyone deserved. If you notice, I don't come in here and mouth off everyday, or even every month, but I'm here every day. I've seen too many guys that I've gamed with for the last couple of years be trash talked by guys that just walked in the door.

Collector*AFZ*

I didnt trash talk anyone. I guess I'm evil wanting things to be constructive. Alos I never said that people with complaints are the ONLY ones starting flame wars. Its both sides. And yes I am new to this community but that doesnt mean i have to bow down to you or what your beliefs are.

Once again you prove your long lasting contribution to this community by calling me garbage. Am I so wrong for asking people to be civil so we can work to a common good? Asking people like YOU to stop the name calling? ...well then so be it.

either way we disagree obviously and I dont want it to be a personal flame between me and you. i'm sure when you calm down you can see that being relavent and constructive Works best for us all. being as that you have been here for soooo long I'd think you could see that.

We agreed with you in somepoints AFZ

but lets concentrate in the specs. of this game and forget about those "new Fans" :rofl: of Grin and blah blah , we know this game was made at the vapor of the $$$$$$ and the release was not even at time and the game is not even complete finish , even they had more than 6 months to work in that "PERFORMANCE" issue as I post last year is it BO ys? Ubi guys?so now they have to work in those "patches" :lol: remember Gr1 ? "patches" and yes you are right , the game is nothing more than another UBI crap. but now they got grin to wash their Hands. what Im saying is that these new Dev. team needs to work a little more in what the gaming community wants , because is that community that build a game , not the "Devs" of former Devs.

remember SOAF? what soaf? was that......... a game?

Lockdown another example of ........... bad dev.team .

so lets carry on in the specs. tech. to see if they can hold the pakcage of the community for real and no their own interests about the game , because We are not buying this game unless the PERFORMANCE issue its solved , this game was (supposed) going to be released in JUNE of 2006 .

but u are right AFZ .

cheers

Edited by Cuchillo*

you're full of garbage

What I actually said.

And no, asking those things is not wrong. Telling someone how they should express their feelings is. As long as the poster stays within the guidelines of the forum, they should be able to post anything they want, with any tone they want. I think that sometimes people in here are forgetting that this is a forum. A place for people to be heard, share information, say what they have to say. To take the position that they have to do it with the same tone and affect as yourself is rediculous. As you said, just agree to disagree.

And I do sort of owe you an apology, you just happened to be the person I vented on.

However, you've been rather quiet for the last few days and these boards have been overrun by:

No they won't, Colin, why should they, not on this site, anyway, if you do not limit the ability of the flamers and haters to dominate the forums.

I only hope that the admins keep a tighter leash on the comments and keep all negitivity to a constructive minimum.

There is an old saying in Radio...."Never argue with an annoying caller. let the idiot talk long enough and they will make a fool of themselves." The fact that you see the blathering as Bullcrap is a testiment to that fact. I only say that you have turned the frustration in the wrong direction. The admin to member ratio is very low and Admin actually have lives in the real world. The biggest impact on the negative post is either to articulately post an opposition or ignore them completely by not posting after them.

Remember, where he might cause some damage, an idoit with a gun will sooner or later shoot himself.

It seems to many the largest base of customers were forgotten

If you are reffering to PC gamers, I'd have to think that we are a small percentage of the Gaming market.

I am truly concerned however with the fact that all these johnnie-come-latelys can come in here and talk down to guys that have been with you for years and nothing is said about it because all of the moderators/admins are trying to protect their relationship with the Devs.

Might want to rethink that one. There is more at stake than a community's want for info. Legalities and agreements have very real consequences if broken.

Look, this community is only as good as we are. The admins cannot do this alone.

GR.net is what you make it.

Puros