Sony Plans Worldwide PS3 release in November 06

Hatchetforce

Than there is the upsidedown and walking on walls thats makes me think twice on tring it!

I don't see why. Traditional deathmatch map design often has you fighting people above you. It should be fairly normal, save the angle the player's standing at and how cool it looks.

Sup,

You really need to get some exercise. As in take a hike pal. Things are at the point now where your only purpose regarding Prey is to attack it. It isn't like you were planning on getting it and don't approve of a feature. You're just being an ass. Do us all a favor and just stay out of the thread.

I was defending the game to Deadpreacher, who seemed fearful the gravity effects would ruin the DM gameplay.

Than there is the upsidedown and walking on walls thats makes me think twice on tring it!

I don't see why. Traditional deathmatch map design often has you fighting people above you. It should be fairly normal, save the angle the player's standing at and how cool it looks.

Sup,

You really need to get some exercise. As in take a hike pal. Things are at the point now where your only purpose regarding Prey is to attack it. It isn't like you were planning on getting it and don't approve of a feature. You're just being an ass. Do us all a favor and just stay out of the thread.

I was defending the game to Deadpreacher, who seemed fearful the gravity effects would ruin the DM gameplay.

That was for your post after John's. I selected your last one to close it out. If I have to, I'll get the thread locked. Then everyone can thank you for that. Which is a shame considering people wanted to discuss the game without having to defend it.

That was for your post after John's. I selected your last one to close it out. If I have to, I'll get the thread locked. Then everyone can thank you for that. Which is a shame considering people wanted to discuss the game without having to defend it.

Honestly, I'm not attacking the game.

Besides 'magic' the best way to describe the gravity gameplay effects seems to simply be treating the enemy as above you. Something which isn't at all abnormal in a DM game.

Added: When I say that nothing seems awfully new or special to me, I'm not being negative. I've never been a huge supporter of the 'innovate everywhere' style of game design. Normally most of the 'innovation' you see is merely breaking what was already working.

I honestly don't think that much of Prey should be described as 'magic', though. It should be described as an improvement on teleporters, and a pretty interesting system for vertical deathmatch combat.

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I am interested in Prey, and I do think it'll be a pretty good game.

From all that I have read on it, Prey to me seems like it has the most potential. I would have to say that it for me is the most anticipated game for 06. I just hope the indian mysticism stuff doesnt get too hokey and has some basis in Cherokee culture. I like how they are handling the transitions of one playing surface to the next using ramps that the user navigates as seen in this clip - pretty slick and not jarring visually.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hi...ard-Definition/

Prey looks really cool, and I can't wait for it to come out.

Methinks the portal mazes everyone has been talking about are going to really fun. :rocky:

Kind of funny how this topic got so sidetracked from the PS3, I guess nobody really cares.

I won't be able to afford one, and aside from MGS and the Final Fantasy series, my wife and I see no reason whatsoever to even put our money down in advance for it. It just seems like one big lie, right now.

"...With the Playstation 3, we're taking games to the next level. We're making them 4D..."

######. Complete and utter ######. 4D? What in God's name? We technically don't even have "3D" right now. We're just watching what appear to be 3D images on a 2D plain. So, until we have flawless holograms as the game play area, we aren't even seeing "true" 3D. The fourth dimension is considered to be many different things by many different people, so an actual definition is hard to get at.

If this crazy ###### is referring to "4D" as time, then technically, all games are already "4D", because, believe it or not, time passes normally while you're playing video games. Unless time was to suddenly just disappear, and the very threads of the universe itself were to come apart, every single game that we've ever played is in "4D". Even Pong.

If he's referring to alternate universes, then, well, this guy is a total nut. First off, to even consider getting into a hypothetical "alternate universe", one would need to open a wormhole large enough and for a long enough period of time to fit several humans, a couch, and a TV through. Now, if you're somewhat clued in on the subject, you'll know that this is much easier said than done. Think of it this way, the Sun bends gravity so much, that the way light itself passes around it is altered. Now, to open a wormhole one micrometer (one-millionth of a meter) in diameter, one would need a constant energy source with about the power output of one hundred billion of our Suns. And after you successfully opened one, you would need to get some sort of exotic matter threaded into the throat of it to keep it open. This matter would need to come in huge amounts, and have properties akin to that of antimatter, and anti-gravitational fields. Assuming any of that was possible; the wormhole would stay open for maybe one second. Maybe. And unless you were traveling faster than the speed of light, the wormhole would close shut before you even reached your destination, and you would blink out of existence.

I hope that throws some water on the fire that it the Sony hype machine.

- Drew

"...With the Playstation 3, we're taking games to the next level. We're making them 4D..."

I been hearing way to much about Sony hypen up the 4D thing.

I find it hard to understand how anyone takes Sony for real anymore!?

They tring to sell the Holy Grail and the Fans believe every word.

Are the youth of today that easy to brainwash or are that really that dumb that they can't see past the lies?

If anything im waiting for April to hear them say April Fools.

PS3 well play next gen games really no better than x360 if at all, but it well cook your dinner as you play and if you preorder now we will throw in bread and cheese so you can cook up cheese sandwichs when you bring it home!

I been hearing way to much about Sony hypen up the 4D thing.

I find it hard to understand how anyone takes Sony for real anymore!?

They tring to sell the Holy Grail and the Fans believe every word.

Are the youth of today that easy to brainwash or are that really that dumb that they can't see past the lies?

If anything im waiting for April to hear them say April Fools.

PS3 well play next gen games really no better than x360 if at all, but it well cook your dinner as you play and if you preorder now we will throw in bread and cheese so you can cook up cheese sandwichs when you bring it home!

Spoken like a true man. Good on you. :)

I was wondering if anyone else would pick up on the fact that time is the 4th dimension. But what anyone else has failed to see is that Sony has the 4th dimension capability with the PS3.

It is a simple matter of deduction and no wormhole is needed. The time that Sony first announced the PS3 and what it's performance would be until the time it appears and achieved those capabilities is an eternity away. Therefore, one will make that leap across the time spanse known as the BS Galaxy. I think it will take a little more than Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott to get us there in the next year. There was a good hands on PS3 article here:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200602/065_p1.asp

After this you begin to see that the BS Galaxy is bigger than Sony would like you to know.

...After this you begin to see that the BS Galaxy is bigger than Sony would like you to know.

Much bigger.

After reading that, and after Sony making themselves look so stupid with all of this marketing hype bullcrap, and the over-promising and under-delivering of the PS2, it really makes one stop and think before really pledging your support towards Sony in this.

I'm filing the Playstation 3 under the same category as BetaMax and BluRay (BetaRay, as I like to call it); dead.

Sony is famous for overhype though. Remember the "Emotion Engine" for the PS2! A funny op ed article on hype...

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5720822

quote=Avalon Drew,Mar 19 2006, 12:04 AM]

...After this you begin to see that the BS Galaxy is bigger than Sony would like you to know.

Much bigger.

After reading that, and after Sony making themselves look so stupid with all of this marketing hype bullcrap, and the over-promising and under-delivering of the PS2, it really makes one stop and think before really pledging your support towards Sony in this.

I'm filing the Playstation 3 under the same category as BetaMax and BluRay (BetaRay, as I like to call it); dead.