This is one feature i know won't be in GRIN GRAW

I read somewhere on 'de other side' that the XBox GRAW has 'auto aim' that can't be turned off.

I"m not even gonna dignify that with a question about it as i'm only about a million percent sure it ain't in our version.

To be honest i just can't believe even they have it. Could the PC be the last bastion of partial sim gaming?

Now here's the point of my thread . . . I think GRAW PC will act as an example to the gaming world how games that don't over do the bells and whistles and training wheels/hand holding can still be very popular and make big money.

I'm sure GRIN GRAW will be huge on the PC, i believe all the BF2, Joint Ops etc crowd will flock to it and stay with it as we did GR1. I hope this will have a 'course correcting' effect on the game world. Not to dominate it but at least to garentee us as a demographic and our style of play as a real factor in future development.

Could the PC be the last bastion of partial sim gaming?

The PC has been and will for a long time to come, be the platform of choice for simm gaming (of all genres). I believe that depiste the fact that a few console people plea for more PC flavoring, that market will never have true PC gaming. The vast majority of consolers don't like or want hardcore simms or any other types of PC flavored games.

The auto aimng in GR:AW 360 is for the vulcan machine gun sequences, at the side door of the blackhawk. As far as I understand, auto aiming is only in that portion of the game. I too am sure that GRIN has no intentions of giving us auto aiming for anything. Maybe and just "maybe" it would be an optional feature for the "casual gamer". That would be one feature that I would turn off before starting even a training mission.

RvS had an aiming aid feature in it. Most PC people most likely turned it off.

silent_op

Auto aiming is mandatory in a console shooter, because it's so hard for the player to make smooth and precise movements with a thumbstick - the trick is to make the auto aim so subtle you don't realize it's there. Bungie did the trick in Halo, but messed it up in the sequel.

It is however - as you say - not at all needed on the PC, since mouselook is superior to any console gaming pad.

Edited by maestro

It is however - as you say - not at all needed on the PC, since mouselook is superior to any console gaming pad.

100% masetro, console versions completely lack that degree of accuracy. I have never been able to adjust to FPS or Military SIMS on that format. The PC is the most definitely the only tool for this genre. Console's are best left for sport sims and Sonic the hedgehog.

100% masetro, console versions completely lack that degree of accuracy. I have never been able to adjust to FPS or Military SIMS on that format. The PC is the most definitely the only tool for this genre. Console's are best left for sport sims and Sonic the hedgehog.

Actually, I feel the aucuracy of Mouse and Keyboards breaches realism, as you are given much more precision than you would have handling a gun. Not to menation the feedback and tactile triggers you get from a joypad.

So, you could say the M + KB is the best friend of those who play to win at all costs, but the joypad is better for the actual tactility of experience.

Actually, I feel the aucuracy of Mouse and Keyboards breaches realism, as you are given much more precision than you would have handling a gun. Not to menation the feedback and tactile triggers you get from a joypad.

So, you could say the M + KB is the best friend of those who play to win at all costs, but the joypad is better for the actual tactility of experience.

These games as a whole breach realism, we are just a bunch of guys sitting about playing computer games.

Short of donning a virtual reality machine with a gun, its all fake, but in terms of being able to play the game well and control the software and gameplay, the mouse does the job way better.

Holding a console gamepad is as close to the real thing as holding an old brick and swinging it at a dead cat. Those analog sticks do not compare to the real thing, but as I said, nothing does when you get down to it. Its all about what you are comfortable with I guess.

Having played this game an awful lot online and in team tournaments and having then compared it to console, the console does not do it for me at all.

Moving a gun around in real life is a very fluid natural motion (obviously). It would be very cool if we could play games like GR:AW with an interface tool that better represents what it is that we're doing on screen.

Does mouse + keyboard give better realism than a console controler?

I'd say both choices are unrealistic, but we have to work with the hardware interface tools that we're given for our given platforms. It will always come down to personal taste. In the end it all depends on your imagination and level of immersion in the game being played.

If you want force feedback on the same low level as a console controler, you can always use a force feedback mouse. I don't use one, but I have an old logitech force feedback mouse from 1999 (it's still in the box, if only I could find it). I'm sure there must be other force feedback mice out on the market.

silent_op

Yes there is, you just don't realize it because it's subtle. It's there to make you think you're more skilled than you actually are, which subsequently makes you enjoy the game more.

Don't pretend to know more than you do.

There is no autoaim while you are on foot. I believe Serellen said there is some autoaim while using the chaingun in the helo.

A little off topic perhaps, but it amazes me that you cant rig up a keyboard to a console to cater for PC players who like keyboard and h8 console. It would seem like the obvious thing to do to provide that option.

Then I, as a PC player, might even consider it - but until there is an alternative to that chunky ass XBOX cnotroller, and its ridiculous aiming method...forget it.

Auto aim wouldnt make me enjoy a game more, even if it was subtle.

I play online and enjoy games just as much when i lose, i might curse a bit but still find it great fun.

Way back when i played Hidden and Dangerous co op with my mate we had to go at some missions 20 times before we could finish it and move on. We never complained that it was too difficult. There were no re spawns except the four men we had between two of us.

H&D was one hard game sometimes and i was very unforgiving. Not once did i ever wish for the consolisation of it just so i could do better.

Anyway the consensus seems to be that GRAW Botox has autoaim only on fixed weapons (though i can't think why they need it) and that other console games have auto aim that is sublte so many don't notice it.

I'm just happy that it won't be in our GRAW.

My understanding was that nearly all console shooters have autoaim of some variety. Not having played on the XBox I dont know for sure, but watch some of their vidoes...... Watch the guy running down the street gun blazing, and NOT EVEN POINTING AT THE BADGUY, and the guy goes down with just a few rounds. I dont know if the retail version has the aimbot, but there is something seriously strange about how the review sites aiming works...

Haha, that's hilarious - you're in the console forum and kicking up a fuss about how the PC version is gonna kick the consoles butt. Hoho.

I'm sorry I was being a dick. We may have different criterias for what is "auto aim". When I'm talking about "subtle auto aim", I'm not talking about an aim that pretty much locks on the targets - I'm talking about an aim aid, that puts your bullets in the right place if your aim is close enough to something that the game knows you should shoot at. It helps you out ever so slightly, but makes a lot of difference for the experience.

The same people who says it's not in GRAW 360 would probably say it's not in Halo either - but it's there, in both games.