Pease enable Vsyn in ythis game on the 360!

Category 5

From what I have seen so far of this game I am simply in awe of the graphical detail and commitment to realism.

The only thing that saddens me is the lack of vsync in everything I have seen. To me, page tearing is like getting something stuck in your eye. It completely ruins the illusion of reality for me, and I would rather sacrifice a few frames per second to not have to see it.

Please, at the very least enable vsync as an option in the graphics menu. For some people it almost makes you sick. I know other who don't notice it, but for me it will prevent me from ever enjoying this title...just as it did for NFS MW and Perfect Dark 0.

This is the XBOX360...page tearing should be a thing of the past by now.

Read the qoute here...from the 23rd.

LINK

"If you were thinking about complaining for popping, tearing, audio mix, animation or framerate problems, think again. Also, some textures are still in low resolution. This is a january preview code, and everything should be in its right place when the game comes out."

• 2 weeks later...

"If you were thinking about complaining for popping, tearing, audio mix, animation or framerate problems, think again. Also, some textures are still in low resolution. This is a january preview code, and everything should be in its right place when the game comes out."

Well, so much for that huh!? The game looks great, except for mild to exceptional tearing throughout. During training I didn't see any until the chopper came. !st level and the helicopter between had varying amounts. The chopper flight level had atrocious tearing.

Too bad. I know it won't bother everyone, but if you're sensitive to tearing GRAW has got plenty of it for you. :wall::wall::wall::(:angry:

Hello everyone on ghostrecon.net - never posted here before, in fact never played a ghost recon before, but this one looked great. I'm about halfway through hard mode now and in general loving it...

but there are some problems. the bane of the xbox's life - tearing.

Here's the deal, this game tears bad, before anyone goes off on one saying it isn't there, or it's your TV, or it's my copy - well I don't think it is. for reference I checked out igns video review and it's there. For those of you that have seen the review check out near the start, on the left hand side as mitchell runs past a wall in first person, the reviewer is talking about high dynamic range lighting - watch that wall tear.

I mean it isn't quite Perfect Dark Zero bad - but it's still bad. The darker levels are ok, the training mission is ok - heck even some parts of the campaign are ok, but wait until you get to the level when you start on the rooftops... oh boy.

I just don't see why this should still be happening.. I mean I have Kameo - runs fine, I have Condemned - runs fine, PGR runs fine and COD2 is fine also. Tearing is just bad and it totally drags you out of a game. It's worse for me I guess because I play games on a 6' 3" wide projector screen in true 720p so I see everything.

Thing is I have been playing games for years - I never ever noticed tearing until the XBOX came about. I had one late in the life of the machine and bought Splinter Cell 3. I had the 'cube version but heard the XBOX was the business. Yeah fantastic game, but I thought my system was on the blink with all the tearing. My Gamecube never tore, neither did my N64 or any of my other old consoles.

The fundamental problem here is that devs are going all out to impress people with the graphics and yeah they are nice, but only if you're standing still. Does this detract from the experience, well yes and no. The game is great and plays extremely well. It is a helluva lot of fun, it also rewards a gamer like myself who has the patience to keep trying and trying and trying until it's beat. In that way graphical problems aren't a problem. But when you start noticing it more and more the depth of your experience suffers.

Other problems: pop up. The worst part is the train station level, near the end once you have destroyed the guardrail, a tower falls down, watch that thing pop in and out of view as you pan Mitchell about.

Perhaps I am expecting too much from games these days??

Yeah I have heard it's not too hot to play on an SDTV and the text is fairly unreadable along with the tearing issue as you say, though I tested it on an old 27" SDTV of mine and I saw no problems, so maybe it's the TV sets themself ? Or the way the 360 is sending the final images ?

read my first post, then go check the ign video review, it's all over it. i wish people would stop saying it's the display - it's not. i'm playing this on a £4000 infocus projector unit which dispays in true 720p. there is no tearing on COD2, PGR3, Kameo or Condemned. PDZ, Madden and now GRAW have the problem. My screen is so big at over 6 foot 3 inches wide that it's very apparent on the lighter levels with lots of background.

I am guessing at development stage it's a balance they pick between fantastic visuals and the amount of tearing.

Personally I am like most of the above posters, tearing annoys me and I'd rather have less eye candy but running smooth, than superb looking graphics that tear the screen up. If it was on a PC I would be toning the textures or draw distance down to get rid of the tearing, or swicthing on VSync.

I haven't noticed it a lot on GRAW though, just occasionally. I think the bigger the display screen, the more noticeable it is.

Does this mean the 360 is maxed out graphically? Why should they have to tone down graphics for no tearing? I thought in this generation of games, I would see shooters running at 60 frames per sec, etc. Now, it seems like the 360 is maxed out by a developer in less than six months.

How is this possible? Will the PS3 be that more powerful?

I love the visual, but if this system is going to last the next 5 years, I want the graphics to look even better than this! This game tears so bad, I think if they put one more polygon on the screen, the xbox faceplate will tear off!! :blink:

I play on a 50 inch Panasonic industrial plasma, and tearing is killin me. Is this one of the reasons why we can't change the aiming sensitivity?

I guess, I too, am expecting to much from this generation. But why not, they hype it up to be mind blowing!!

Edited by Trinity22