New Screens and Hands-On

BigOlBrain

Is it me or did they change OTS view from GR2. It seems like anytime the guy walks up to a wall or object it zooms in. I hope this is the case then there will be no peaking around objects/walls.

yeah i have read that there is a new feature that when you are close to a wall or object you can hit the y button and the camera will come in close for tighter view. i dont think that it does it automatically though.

The French counter part of the same event is announcing a SP demo for mid February, two weeks before release. clicky

So that would mean that the 360 version would come out a full month before the PC version?

Great news for you guys. :)

Edit: The MP will have one drone per team, controled by one person, the images viewable by all team members.

Edited by RatoN

This says it all from a guy who didnt like GRAW.

I'm sure you all remember how everyone had been disappointed by the really bad version of GRAW that was presented at X05. Low resolution textures, bad framerate, aliasing, bugs everywhere, there wasn't much good to say for this game except a few good ideas. Well a bit more than 3 months GRAW is back and can boast to be the most impressive game I've seen running on a Xbox 360. Yes, it's that good!

The gameplay is a good as expected for such a big franchise as Ghost Recon. The HUD is not just a gimmick, but is a real evolution for the tactical-action genre. Being able to outline your teammates and enemies is a great addition to the game, and even if it can be disabled it's still a part of the game's experience.

Bring it on.

Alot of people are complaining about how it doesn't look like the E3 footage anymore, and that there's no high res texturing to be seenyet....as if that footage from E3 had such high res textures???

tom-clancys-ghost-recon-3-20050512034510031.jpg

2copy2ed.jpg

Now tell me....do the textures on the soldiers really look that high res to you? If you ask me...shot 2 is already superior to shot 1.

Alot of people are complaining about how it doesn't look like the E3 footage anymore, and that there's no high res texturing to be seenyet....as if that footage from E3 had such high res textures???

2copy2ed.jpg

Now tell me....do the textures on the soldiers really look that high res to you? If you ask me...shot 2 is already superior to shot 1.

yep i agree moon, i think the game has improved, some of the screens out there are looking very nice indeed.

2copy2ed.jpg

yep i agree moon, i think the game has improved, some of the screens out there are looking very nice indeed.

Are you guys joking?? Shot 2 looks better than shot 1??

I've heard it all :rofl:

Are you guys joking?? Shot 2 looks better than shot 1??

I've heard it all :rofl:

no......you havent heard it all. i have seen the hd trailer, recently released. the texture quality is better. I DO like the color palette of the 1st screenshot, however, you cannot argue the texture quality .....nor does it matter too much. as they have said the e3 video was lower res textures then what they are using now. it may not be blatantly appearent in the screenshots, but higher res is higher res, it is not subjective, it is what it is. and please.....enough with the emoticons.....i feel like 12 year old girls are posting here.

Edited by OPSIXDELTA

I think what made the E3 video stand out so much were the animations….not so much the graphics.  Though they did look nice. 

Yes.

yeah thats very true, i agree as well. however when i look at the e3 trailer, i notice alot of kinda natural camera movement when the soldier is running etc. do you guys like that kinda camera movement, or do you think it was too distracting, i thought it was nice but think it would be a bit distracting after a while of playing, possibly making it difficult to make out enemy movement while running, etc. your thoughts?

do you guys like that kinda camera movement

Good question.

This is something I've talked about in other threads, and is one of the three most disappointing things about the new vids, when compared to what was first shown at E3. Imo, the three areas they've fallen well short of the E3 vids are, in order of importance:

1. Animation.

2. OTSV

3. FPWV

When I think back to the E3 vids, it was a combination of those three things that impressed me the most. Sure the graphics were already pretty sick and the embassy explosion was also...sick. But it was the animation, fpwv, and new camera all working together that really blew me away. I was seriously impressed and so excited after seeing those first few movies.

Your question is aimed at #2, (OTSV) so I’m going to elaborate on why I'm, at this point, disappointed w/ what I’m seeing.

I like the OTSV and thought it was a good addition to the GR franchise, but I also agreed w/ some of the purists... that it occasionally posed an unfair advantage, and was unrealistic when being exploited to see around objects. I thought these were valid complaints, but I also feel the view more accurately represents peripheral vision (something you can’t get w/ classic FPV) and that the good outweighed the bad. I like seeing the guy and what’s around him… and coupled w/ good player models and animation…. I just like the view, pretty much.

But I thought it needed to be tweaked.

Then I was so excited seeing the E3 vids because it appeared the OTSV had been completely reworked in a way that negated all the exploits from GR2 and improved on what was already cool.

It was like a dynamic camera that automatically pulled in when close to an object, shook and bounced around while running or taking fire, and, depending on conditions that were unclear to me, would take a more cinematic look by placing the main character off to the side, as opposed to the usual dead center positioning. (and it seemed that if your left side was against cover, the camera would pan and push to the right a bit, letting you see what was more immediately important, because your left side was covered anyway) Basically, it looked like a new type of dynamic OTSV. A smart OTSV.

What the hell happened?

from a gameplay perspective, it sounds like it is whatever you make it. I played GR2 and GR2:SS with a bunch of people who used to play [GR] and GR:IT and we played GR:SS the same way, slow, steady, stealthily etc. If you read the IGN preview they note that 'run and gun' styles (which GR2 got so much flak over) would only get you so far, an organized team that works together is much likelier to have success...sounds perfect to me, and with the customization options that will be made available to us, the 'gameplay' will be whatever you decide it is.