Shadow Recon is in Europe!

ZJJ

hey,

I am currently in Paris...and for my first day we went to louvre,eiffel tower, notredame, and the arc de triumph. It has been a very long day. And this keyboard is getting on my nerves because it is very different from the one I am used to. I have had several alcoholic beverages and they were really good. Its nice to drink legaly :D

If anyone would like to meet up sometime...please pm me and I will try and respond asap. c-ya

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you know your Mom is sitting at home and reading this about you drinking and thinking, "what are you doing drinking?" Just remember not to overdo it.

How do you think I felt in Germany last month using a German keyboard. Some of the keys are moved around compared to the ones here in the States. I had some really goofy typos with my first post from there. :wacko:

I had my first legal drink in Tijuana...what am I saying, in Tijuana anything illegal is legal :rofl:

Its ironic that her mom moderates this forum.

Gurl, have a blast while you can, just remember to bring back something nice for your mom when you get back...besides a keychain.

Hint: Chocolates...lots of chocolate. :whistle:

I have had several alcoholic beverages and they were really good. Its nice to drink legaly  :D 

I know her aunt and expected her to do some drinking. Her aunt really knows her wines and usually has something good along with the meal.

I also know that SR is a lightweight as a wine cooler will have her tipsy! :blink:

I also would be stupid to think that she wouldn't be trying anything since she is of legal age to drink there. I just hope that she doesn't over do it. :no:

I can't wait to hear all about this trip. I hope she is keeping a diary of some sort. :unsure:

Just talked a bit with SR. She spent the day in Versailles.

She told me she has taken lots of pictures already. I plan to have them put on a disk when developed so I can share them with anyone who may be interested.

Tomorrow they are hitting the museums.

Just talked a bit with SR.  She spent the day in Versailles. 

Versailles is an amazing place, those photos will be awesome.

Just be very careful with the photo CDs etc Zjj, having worked in a net cafe catering to travellers and their digicams, i know the hazards. Keep it simple, just shove as many photos on a CD as possible, then make a spare copy. Dont try using CD-RWs etc, because they often ###### up when using various types of burning software etc. Also net cafes (if SR is using them) arent known for having top quality gear. If she can, upload em to GRnet or some other web space, much safer than CDs etc. Keeping one CD for herself, and mailing the other copy back to you is also a good idea, but she may not be away long enough to bother with that.

The last thing you want is to lose all those holiday snaps. Ive seen it happen, and it isnt fun.

Just talked a bit with SR.  She spent the day in Versailles. 

Versailles is an amazing place, those photos will be awesome.

Just be very careful with the photo CDs etc Zjj, having worked in a net cafe catering to travellers and their digicams, i know the hazards. Keep it simple, just shove as many photos on a CD as possible, then make a spare copy. Dont try using CD-RWs etc, because they often ###### up when using various types of burning software etc. Also net cafes (if SR is using them) arent known for having top quality gear. If she can, upload em to GRnet or some other web space, much safer than CDs etc. Keeping one CD for herself, and mailing the other copy back to you is also a good idea, but she may not be away long enough to bother with that.

The last thing you want is to lose all those holiday snaps. Ive seen it happen, and it isnt fun.

If your a serious shutterbug, specially on them digicam, they tend to get carried away and ran out of space. I always go overboard and carry extra CF/SD still in their packaging, with the receipt at home. Whatever doesn't get used, I return to the store. Or get one of them portable HD--5GB is plenty at raw setting (for a typical 3Megapixel that is).

I hold she gets good shots. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah portable HDDs are a great idea, a small 2.5inch laptop drive in an enclosure, but its probably a bit late for that now.

The only problem with having extra memory cards is they often corrupt themselves for no (obvious) reason, causing huge headaches for the travellers, and those they think can fix them ( :wall: )

I wish she was carrying a digital camera. :( She has the good old standby Kodak 35mm. We will have to have them developed when she gets back from her trip. Many places now have the option of putting your pictures on a disk, as well as hard copies. I like this optin as I am able to share family pictures much easier then having to get reprints made then mailed.

... having worked in a net cafe catering to travellers and their digicams, i know the hazards.

are you reffering to that hottie you helped out who had "trouble" with one of your machines?? admit it, maEng, you rigged that machine so you could talk to her. :rolleyes:

hotties

I am currently in Florance,Italy. I just went through another museum with alot of leonardos artwork. It was very interesting. I was currently shopping and I found this internet place, so I thought I would pop in and say hey..and of course Im taking lots of pictures...but if they are going to be shown on GR I will have to cut myself out of them... :yes: Well I must get going must keep looking around for some other stuff to bring home.ttyl