WWIIIFFFGold Mod Officially Released

mr.pibb

Well, the 2nd version is now done for the mod, and as far as I can see it will be the last version, I have spent many hours re-testing the final missions to complete this mod and I have gotten to where I cannot find anything wrong anywhere, so it is officially DONE.

The 2nd version has been sent to Rocky and I'm sure sometime soon he will put the mod types up. There will be 4 mod types:

WWIIIFFFGold - all the missions + menu music - 115 MB

WWIIIFFFGoldNM - all the missions - no menu music - 40 MB

WWIIIFFFGoldNMMac - For Mac users - all the missions - no menu music - 40 MB

WWIIIFFFPart2 - only the new 3 missions - 18 MB

I think you guys will find the last part to have some pretty wild missions, Montignac City mission is my last huge mission for GR, and its HUGE, the other two are also pretty different too, with one being on the 'Dam' map involving a large scale tank and troop battle along with some other objectives.

This will be my last mod for GR, so enjoy it, I have decided to never spend this amount of time on a project that pokes into my personal and family life again, and its been a long 2 + years to completion.

Any comments regarding the mod will be welcome, I enjoy feedback, especially detailed but not too revealing feedback regarding certain 'situations' in the missions that are already described in the briefings anyhow.

Heres some picks, primarily from Montignac City, they are limited as to not reveal too much.

rolling.gif

Watching a mechanized patrol

fire.gif

An angry patrol tank

hit.gif

The aftershocks

fireagain.gif

Another blast snippet

hitagain.gif

More aftershocks

campfire.gif

Spetz Natz

valleyfire.gif

Resistance tanks engaging long distance targets

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its coming soon all, I have already informed Rocky that its done and gave him the link.

I am waiting for Rocky to put up the versions on GR.net, I will prolly be removing my site soon and I dont think my bandwith will be able to handle all the downloads, its imperative that there is enough bandwith left to allow Rocky to get the mod types off my site.

So, just wait, hopefully will be a few days, I wanted to get this topic rolling ahead of time just to get it done, and I'm sure Rocky will make a link to this topic from the wwiiigold news post.

Pibb

Congratulations on an extraordinary and exciting mod. When I look at, and more so, when I play these great mods, it only underscores the incredibly wrong direction RSE and Ubi are going with GR 2. GR 2 should play more like these mods than GR 2 does now. I will be downloading when I get home.

I did just get a reply from Rocky so it looks like it will be put up soon. Like I said, I set this topic up primarily for feedback, but couldnt help putting up some screenshots :D, and I did it because I wanted you guys to know its ready aaannnddd I wanted to be done with the 'work' stage of this deal, which included this topic being put up so feedback would be directed accordingly.

@Kurtz, ever wonder why these corporations make these great games (GR, OFP) and make a few mission packs and then let the modding community finish the rest???

If it was me, I would make like 5-6 different campaigns avaliable throughout the time the game was still not outdated, make tons of new maps, new MP games, addons, etc etc, even complete conversions. And ya know, the stuff would prolly sell too.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

The zip file I downloaded had a problem, a wierd one - it was a huge file (over a 100Mb) but when I opened it - only a readme inside - I am waiting for Mr Pibb to get back to me on that one and I'll get the files mirrored ASAP.

Pibb,

Agreed, I would have bought as many additions as they made, just to get the new maps, plus the increased modding potential. I think the mods made in the last year are at the level of official additions, certainly in imagination, maybe even more so.

It was a problem with my PC by the looks of it, now, if it will only stay online long enough for me to upload this monster  :thumbsup:

Greatly appreciated, man, you gave me a scare with that first email, im like WHAT???? after already downloading all the stuff previously and testing, and testing, and testing :rofl::wacko::rofl::wacko:

anyhow, the ONLY difference between the monster 115 mb Goldversion and the 40 MB GoldNoMusic version is no menu music, so you guys can make yer decision as to what mod is worth the download time accordingly(depending on your connect) I just put alot of effort into the menu music so those of you who want to use that version, cool, then at least I didnt waste my time :thumbsup:

And I might have to remove that link, just gotta watch my Bandwith here, and I will remove it as soon as Rocky gets the stuff up.

EDIT// I am gonna remove that link, I just dont want any problems at all, sorry to make you guys wait a day or so longer, but I dont want my bandwith to go away as Rocky is getting the mod up.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

It was a problem with my PC by the looks of it, now, if it will only stay online long enough for me to upload this monster  :thumbsup:

Greatly appreciated, jezuz man, you gave me one hell of a scare with that first email, im like WHAT???? after already downloading all the stuff previously and testing, and testing, and testing :rofl::wacko::rofl::wacko:

anyhow, the ONLY difference between the monster 115 mb Goldversion and the 40 MB GoldNoMusic version is no menu music, so you guys can make yer decision as to what mod is worth the download time accordingly(depending on your connect) I just put alot of effort into the menu music so those of you who want to use that version, cool, then at least I didnt waste my time :thumbsup:

Sorry for the scare :wall:

I could have the smaller files up first, but if I do that I just know that nobody will bother waiting for the big atmospheric music one - so you guys will have to sit tight until I mirro all the files and put them in the news all at once tomorrow! :P

Its fine to wait a day eh? Anyone who plays the 'gold' types will see that the missions are difficult enough where one day prolly wont matter that much anyhow, and I'd like to see the music version get used, so everyone dont like stone me or nothin but its just a day consider ###### 2 + years finishing the thing.

Thanks Rocky

Pibb

heyyy, that ##### was just f-r-i-g-i-n, what did it think I was sayin?? :rofl:

Edited by mr.pibb

wow! :blink: looks awesome Pibb (sorry, Mr. Pibb). glad to hear you added music to the missions. It makes a HUGE difference.

Thanks for all the hard work that's clearly gone into this. :thumbsup:

The Music mod type does only include new menu screen music at the beggining of GR. There is music is many of the missions that plays in all mod types.

Edited by mr.pibb

Alrighto, there is a restarting issue with 2 of the new missions, I over-rode the default replay recording and that means unless you saved in one of those 2 missions you will be sent back to the last recorded saveed game. I will prolly make a patch and just put it in here, just be sure for now to save game at start up in Montignac City Mission and Operation Swiftend Mission. I am gonna make a new version with the fix (fix takes bout 10 seconds to do). Sorry, all my testing was done with invincibility on so I never needed to restart the mission therefore never saw this till I just ran through the missions today.

Everything else is fine, dont nobody panick or nothin.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Heres the link:

PATCH

EDIT// THIS PATCH IS ONLY FOR VERSION2, VERSION3 HAS THE FIX.

The patch actually contains a seperate execute file for each mod type, just select the apropriate patch for your mod type(Gold,GoldNoMusic, etc)in the folder after you unzip.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb