IT KICKS A$$!!!!!

Well, i picked it up and did the training, then went into XBOX Live. OMG THIS IS GREAT!!! If you got the right people to play with, this game will totally be as good as GR1, in my eyes anyway. The only thing I aint liking is the " no blood " stuff. Maybe theirs a way to turn it on later

Screw it, IM gonna keep playing!

LOL - I was wondering why you guys were even taking a break to post. I wouldn't! :devil:

LOL, i had to come to work:( I got this game last night and played till 1am. Very addictive. Everything you saw in the pre-release videos and then some more!! :o=

Ask me any questions about the game and i will ry to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Screw it, IM gonna keep playing!

LOL - I was wondering why you guys were even taking a break to post. I wouldn't! :devil:

LOL, i had to come to work:( I got this game last night and played till 1am. Very addictive. Everything you saw in the pre-release videos and then some more!! :o=

Ask me any questions about the game and i will ry to answer to the best of my knowledge.

now that i think of it, i have a question that i don't know. Maybe someone here can help. How do you start/manage/join/anthing to do with a clan? Are u even able to have clans??

Ok, srry guys, but I had 30 min befor school so I had to make it quick then back to the game. Anywayz, a few things I noticed. For starters, the graphics are amazing. Peoples mouths move when they talk. When playing on Live, if you die, ur comms automaticly shut off. I dont know if theres a way to change this, but its very realistic.... when you die, you really cant talk. The 3rd person actually isn't as bad as it seems. At first I hated the thought of 3rd person... but they have used it very well. It has this.... weird way to it.... like..... you feel like everything is going slow..... but when you take a step back and look at things... its actually very involved and moving quickly, i like it. The blood issue.. I do not see any blood, or any liquid substance coming from a body when I shoot it, or near the dead ones. It makes it hard to tell if I have hit the enemy or not, but ohwell. Another issue i've found is identifying troops. Often their is friendly troops out their.... and at a distance, they all look the same. Maybe its because my TV is maybe 25" or whatever, but at a distance, if it wasn't for the IFF thing, the british would look like the koreans ect ect. Just a man's figure with black-ish looking clothes. But like I said, It might just be my TV's colors and size making it difficult. Anywayz, I only got to play the first level on Live with another guy and it was great. Now im home from school, and im off to play again. L8er

I'm not going out to buy an xbox or anything, but it sounds like you guys really like GR2 a lot so far. This could mean great things for the PC version.

Some questions:

- How many people can play online?

- Is the sound done in 5.1 surround?

- How big is the platoon (4, 6, 9)?

- What does the command map look like? Is it any different?

- How big are the maps?

- How many things are destructable (Trees, buildings, walls, etc)?

- Can you really pick up friendly and enemy weapons?

- What is the medic (first responder skills of the Ghosts) function like? Does it heal you 100% or just stop you from bleeding to death?

- How are the tracers? Are they like the laser show we saw on the E3 demo?

- What is the first person view like?

- Have the reticles changed at all (first person view).

silent_op

Some questions:

don't know

Yes, it is different. Its hard to explain.

- How big are the maps?

about the same size as GR1

The only thing I've seen that is destructible is a gas tank and vehicles.

YES, its pretty cool when you run out of ammo.

- What is the medic (first responder skills of the Ghosts) function like? Does it heal you 100% or just stop you from bleeding to death?

Guy gets shot multiple times and falls down calling for help, you go to his body and 'heal' him and he returns to wounded state. Personally, I think it is really lame.

It depends on the gun, but they look the same as GR1

Same as GR1, I like it.

Yes they are a little different looking, but operate the same way.

.......so......there I was eagerly on my way to EB after work to see and play the 'PC Beta', only to find that they didn't have any copies and told me that the release date is the 1st of December. :wall:

There are two dedicated games stores in town and they know NOTHING........NOOOOOTHING :angry:

DS

You know, I'm starting a HUGE 3d project, which I need to spend time on, buy stuff for(mics and such), and think about... Getting Halo2, and soon getting broadband is bad enough... Not to mention my 1 year of XBL... But now this? I was really hoping this game would be awful, really.

Thanks Camel.

How the new radar on the top right of screen, can it be turned off (removed from the screen)?

silent_op

Not sure yet... have been having way to much fun to worrie about it. Im sure their is..... look through your hosting options because I think it's up to the host.

Edited by SCO Spyder

Thanks Camel.

How the new radar on the top right of screen, can it be turned off (removed from the screen)?

silent_op

yes, but you could literally be 2 feet away from someone and not know it... i like the radar. They did a good job with it. It doesnt just show everyone on the map. You have to be seen, shooting, or not prone.

Edited by EasyCo

Yes

- How big are the maps?

they vary - the largest 1000x1000

yes - but becareful as you don't get a full supply of ammo, but only what is left with that weapon

When anyone can tear themselves away from the game (expect a reply in a week or 2 :D ) ... can someone actualy list the options ... in .. umm, the options menu :

EG - what HUD things you can switch on/off and also other features that can be switched on/off pleeeeeease. ;)

I hope blood is included as switchable on pc version ... no blood is a bit crap for mature users. Sounds like this game will be king when out on pc ... i hope.

There are 3 option Menus:

Options (on the main menu)

Brightness

Sound Output: Headphones/Speakers

Game Options (within your profile)

Auto Aim On/Off

Invert On/Off

Vibration Function On/Off

View First Person/Over the Shoulder

In-Game Options

View

Radar On/Off

Enter Cheats

IFF On/Off

It's funny hearing people yell... "Halo 2 sucks" and "this game kicks ass" on LIVE. People are loving this game as am I!

Non-conformists ammuse me. Finding fault in a brilliant game like Halo, just because it's popuar. :rofl:

Anyway, I'll have GR2 on live pretty soon, I think... :thumbsup:

PS: Does anyone else fear we're gonna' need a lot more moderators on this board? I think it's going to get swarmed in the next few weeks.

Edited by sup

Some questions:

don't know

Yes, it is different.  Its hard to explain.

- How big are the maps?

about the same size as GR1

The only thing I've seen that is destructible is a gas tank and vehicles.

YES, its pretty cool when you run out of ammo.

Guy gets shot multiple times and falls down calling for help, you go to his body and 'heal' him and he returns to wounded state.  Personally, I think it is really lame.

It depends on the gun, but they look the same as GR1

Same as GR1, I like it.

Yes they are a little different looking, but operate the same way.

Damn Cams never figured you for an X-Box kinda guy.

There are 3 option Menus:

Options (on the main menu)

Brightness

Sound Output: Headphones/Speakers

Game Options (within your profile)

Auto Aim On/Off

Invert On/Off

Vibration Function On/Off

View First Person/Over the Shoulder

In-Game Options

View

Radar On/Off

Enter Cheats

IFF On/Off

LOL,Enter cheats,ohh I really hope that little Beotch option isnt in the PC version.