Which NATO SF units do you like?

Chems

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, don't forget that india and pakistan have some pretty respectable forces too.

both are always at least skirmishing with one another, and pakistan is always fighting on either its western border or eastern. so both have countries forces have LOTS of experience.....at least that's what ive read! :P

course this is suppossed to only pertain to NATO,though. :stupid:

Edited by richmondskin

• 5 months later...

French GIGN, although technically a police unit they are part of the Gendarmerie which is part of the ministry of defense, which makes it a military unit, not ?

Okay, if that one does not count, then i'll pick Norway. I like winter mods, especially if they have a change to native language sound possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading the forum and later on I guess people started to let the "Only NATO " thing slide...correct me if I'm wrong. Who cares if they are not a part of NATO they have some real a** kickers over there.

Ok, ive got a list:

UK: SAS SBS.

US: 1st SFOD

Austrlia: RAR

Italy: COM.SUB.IN

Canada: JTF-2

Polish: GROM

France: Foreign Legionnaires from 2 REP

German: GSG9

Israel: Sayeret Matkal

Russia: Spetsnaz

I guess Chems (the topic starter) is going to let the NATO thing slide

Edited by SpetsnazAlfa

I was reading the forum and later on I guess people started to let the "Only NATO " thing slide...correct me if I'm wrong. Who cares if they are not a part of NATO they have some real a** kickers over there.

Yeah! Who cares if the hostages die! :P

Just kidding.

Anyway, I really don't have a favorite but if I did, I'd probably be U.S.

Edited by ChuckThunder

Chuck please dont joke around about that hostage situation. People really did die and we shouldn't criticise the troops who stormed the theatre. They put their lives on the line to try and save all of them but unfortunately in a situation like that I found it hard to not have a single casualty. Many died yes....but remember it could have been ALOT worse , the theatre could have been leveled also.

Chuck please dont joke around about that hostage situation. People really did die and we shouldn't criticise the troops who stormed the theatre. They put their lives on the line to try and save all of them but unfortunately in a situation like that I found it hard to not have a single casualty. Many died yes....but remember it could have been ALOT worse , the theatre could have been leveled also.

I know, I know.

It could have very well been the same outcome if it were a school in Texas.

i think that nowadays people is crazy...Beslan, crazy students in USA, in italy that there is a guy called Una Bomber that is putting bombs everywhere (in the supermarkets in the boxes of Nutella, into AN HILIGHTER) only to wound old ladies and children, in Naples there is almost a death par week...

Its ridiculous...

russia are part of NATO now. Its only small, but oit happened last year, or maybe late 2003.

I remember it cos of the irony. The organisation designed to defeat russia

now contains its old enemy.

well, Specnaz action on Dubrovka theatre was briliant(I mean that). 417 commandos from few units have done what they only can to save lives of hostages. But many people unfortuantely dont understand, that commandos aren't guilty for bad organistation of evacuation, medical support and stuff like that. Its not theirs job to evacuate ill(due to this special gas) , and wounded hostages to hospitals. Theirs rule is only to kill terrorists, and they did that . My respect for Specnaz guys.

sorry for gramma :wacko:

alpha teams not spetznaz  ;)

not only Alfa participated in this action, Vityaz, Vympiel and SOBR also(all of those units are Spetznaz- Special Forces)

dont think they coulda done much better although the authorities handling was terrible, they didnt seem to know what they were doing after the operation.

exactly...before action commandos didn't even belived they can handle with this situation(without any looses). But thanks God they didn't have any wounded, or KIA...but like you said, after action everything was ######ed up:-/

Regards

Edited by mack pl