The Review Committee

Hey all...

Well, I just wanted to introduce a helping hand to those who need it, in regards to cheaters and replays, for those who runs servers for all us happy gaming peeps, but like everybody else have bad experiences with cheaters.

We hope that in going public with the Review Committee, more serverowners will be able to sort out the bad apples among clean and honest players, so the rest of us can have some fun clean games.

The Review Committee introduction:

A lot of server owners out there don't have the time to go over the massive amounts of replays generated by a dedicated server, and if they have the time, might not have acquired the knowledge to bust the cheaters in the replays.

The Review Committee, was originally founded by 5 groups to help each other out with checking replays when one or more members suspected a cheat in it. Along the way we discovered that many server owners didn't have the same opportunities for objective critique that we had, and after a looong discussion whether or not to go public, we've decided to offer our help to the GR community at large.

So if you got a cheater problem and need help, we're at your service.

We DO also check replays that are based on mods like HX4, Frostbite etc etc..

Some notes on how we do things..

We do NOT accept applications for membership into the RC. If we think you're doing a good job fighting the cheaters, we'll contact you.

We do NOT publish ANY names or IP's of cheaters, unless they have been confirmed by the committee members in a unanimous vote.

We do NOT share our cheatspotting or anti-cheat mods with non-committee members.

If you want us to check a cheater, send us the replay and tell us who we should look at and be sure to provide us with the suspects IP address, or we will not be able to help you.

Also people should note, that we do NOT compete or work against the ACC (Anti Cheat Coalition) in fact, all members of TRC are also represented on ACC, and with the addition of The Undertaker from SRS/ACC, ACC are also represented on TRC. Two groups working toghether towards a common goal.

Contact us at The Review Committee or messy one of the members of the Review Committee listed below:

TRC representetives (in no apparent order):

Superfriends League

Superfriends League

Spiderman

Iron Man

Marine Force Recon ||MFR||

Marine Force Recon

||MFR||Stalker

||MFR||Omage

||MFR||Chizzy3

Wolfgrowls [WGC]

Wolfgrowls

[WGC]Katana

[WGC]GrayWolf

[WGC]Tazz

Wolf Gaming League WGL

Wolf Gaming League

[WOLF]OgamiItto

BadAzz-Danes [bAD]

BadAzz-Danes]

gEPHION[bAD]

Raven[bAD]

Special Recon Service SRS

Special Recon Service

The Undertaker

Edited by gEPHION[BAD]

I have an Admin tool that uses the GR engine and it's hit detection to spot retlock and combat aim. I also have replays that were made for our ACC (Anti-Cheat Coalition) that use the different types of retlock. If anyone needs these let me know, I'll gladly give them to you. I'll also offer our IP logger that logs IP's and game names of every single person that joins your server. We have about 30,000 IP's from over a dozen ACC servers and I've personally tracked someone from a year and a half previous that was caught cheating on our server. It was him and he admitted to his previous game name.

With GR dying out you're seeing more and more of the idiots come out of the woodwork. Katana has been learning well w/the replays and gEPH has also thirsted for knowledge of reading replays. Both do very well and I'm glad to see someone still active w/the hackers. We've (the ACC) moved on to RvS, FarCry and some other games, but I'm still here for any of you that need help and I can look up IP's for you. IMHO it's important to have an IP matched w/a replay as it's way too ez to change your game name and impersonate someone.

My ICQ is 158060740. If I can help I will.

Jezuz, more police. :o=:nono:

its just a game, let people play and have their fun. some "cheaters" have dynamic IPs so banning and blaming aint gonna solve the problem.

on my clan's server, there are cheaters and people who TK with MMI and we ban them when we catch them, some of them have dynamic IPs and they just keep coming back.

Careful about giving ur Retlock mod out Rugg.... it's a tool to detect hacks and in the wrong hands can spread even more enhancement of gameplay.

Though it's yours and you can do as u wish.

Being courteous of others to assist in keeping a clean environment, if used improperly, it could be deemed as a hack and that wouldn't look good seeing a chat on UBI saying "I received this mod from Ruggbutt and it's an awesome hack".

Just food for thought.

Omage

Jezuz, more police. :o=:nono:

its just a game, let people play and have their fun. some "cheaters" have dynamic IPs so banning and blaming aint gonna solve the problem.

on my clan's server, there are cheaters and people who TK with MMI and we ban them when we catch them, some of them have dynamic IPs and they just keep coming back.

thats why there are range bans.

Lexis:

There´s more to cheaters than TK´ers, and when serverowners have a problem other than that, but doesn´t know how to "prove" it, they have the Review Committee and the ACC to get help from.

Ruggbutt:

Yep, I was thirsty and still am, BIGTIME, but I learned a lot from the other RC members so I should be all set :)

I do think it´s a bad call to share the tool public, I hope You´ll reconsider that. I don´t think You ever did send me a copy of it btw?

Kewl:

Naughty boy as usual, eh K ;)

Sapper6:

Ruggbutt did, when he himself moved on and proclaimed that GR was dead on the SRS forums, when it is in fact still alive and kicking :D

My mod isn't a hack and can't be used as one, you're wrong about that Omage. If any reputable team wants it I will share it.

As far as my statement about GR dying out, all you have to do is fire up the Eye and see how many servers are running GR, and how many have players in it. I've been playing since the demo and we were number one on the Rumble and on TCZ. It used to be that you'd fire up the eye and you'd see 500 servers, either full or half full. Now it's respawns and HX 'whatever'. Denial is a funny thing and the fact of the matter is that GR is dying out. Just cuz you're still playing it doesn't change that fact.

Back on subject, the mod is available for those server admins that want it. I'd like all of you to know that just cuz I don't post here alot doesn't mean I'm some n00b that doesn't know what I'm talking about. Ask around.

Rugg:

It´s not about Your mod is a hack, but about how it works and what U see. If a cheater got a hold of either mod, he/she would quickly realise what means there are available for detecting his/hers actions, and would start to act accordingly, making it even harder/time consuming to spot/bust him/her.

But again, Your mod, Your call, we just won´t realease the one we made for the above reason(s).

Btw... Fire up UBI and check how many GR gamers that´s online, compared to a new game like FarCry.. I´d say GR still does a pretty decent job taking into consideration that UBI doesn´t cover all of the usually full servers that doesn´t use neither Eye or UBI.

So GR is not dead, it´s just resting a bit ;)

,Apr 1 2004, 05:32 ]Kewl:

Naughty boy as usual, eh K ;)

Naw, just made the mistake of playing too well on a server that i wasnt known...actually i wasnt really playing that well...just shooting newbie shadows as they ran over a hill that presented a big fat shadow against the background. :support::bs:

Edited by Kewl

Denial is a funny thing and the fact of the matter is that GR is dying out. Just cuz you're still playing it doesn't change that fact.

its kinda funny you make the statement GR is dead but it seems like almost every week, yet another new mod or campaign is being released. how could it be dead...? you might wanna check ubisoft.com's financial section to see what game came in 3rd place w/ most sales worldwide in 2003, almost 2 years after the date it was released, folks are still buying it.

that's a nice quote you said about denial. it goes both ways: just because you quit playing GR, doesnt mean it's dying out. :whistle:

I just want to point this out so there´s no misunderstandings..

The Review Committee and ACC are not in competition, not from our standpoint anyways. The sole purpose for us to start TRC in the first place was buds helping each other out. Yes, we could have done so in the ACC, but we felt we had other wishes to a corporation in anti-cheat matters, wishes that could not be filled on ACC and therefor we felt the only way was to found TRC.

Ruggbutt has his ways of doing things, we have ours, wich is very apparent in this thread alone, but that doesn´t mean that we in TRC won´t help out in ACC as much as we can, coz we will, and we will support any other anti-cheat efforts that will come in the future, be that an individual or a group effort.

Hope that clears out any misunderstandings.

that's a nice quote you said about denial.  it goes both ways:  just because you quit playing GR, doesnt mean it's dying out. :whistle:

My statement was based on comparisons to when GR was the top game on any ladder. To when GR was the top game on ASE, etc.......

It has nothing to do w/whether I still play it or not. There are tons of people still playing CS too, does that mean it's dead? No, but it isn't what it once was.............and neither is GR.

The ACC and TRC arnt against another, but for another, the only difference is the ACC is a privite hidden forum, which is accessable via invite only, but just to state one thing, the SRS is the most active ACC member in GR as the other ACC members have moved on to other games. I fully support the efforts of TRC, because at least 4 of them are SRS ACC members.

I like the idea of letting replays be handed in for review, which the SRS does aswell, but TRC have got a special forum for it!!, GL lads!, anyway if any GR ppl are intrested in general anti-cheat knowledge then go here

The RC and the ACC will do all we can to help.

CBA_Bludawg:

gephion you said you was in RC as in rabid clan in IGS leagues?just wondering there was a player there by that name that was just like yours.

Blu

No man, RC is just short of Review Committee, so I´m not a member of rabid clan, only [bAD] :)

Unfortunately, our team recently dealt with both the RC and the ACC. Both the RC and the ACC were quick and helpful with their replys. They are a valuable assett, especially for us poor/lucky saps that don't know retlock from poppycock.

Thanks to the RC and ACC.