new aussie wep. to mod

F'n New Guy

ADGie's and there toys! They were in line for m4's but they all went to 4RAR and the CDT teams oh well.

BTW ADG is Airfield Defence Guard. and yeah that version the carbine has been modelled already just not the scope mounted on it.

Cheers Gordo

it was a modding topic to begin with

i wanted to ask the community

if they could mod this nice aussie weapon.

re-opened.

I stand corrected, thanks to Gordo...it looks like it's Steyr carbine after all, not commando (407mm instead 350mm long barrel)

What I can do in the matter of minutes is give you the weapon with some of the scopes I already have modeled..(Elcan, ACOG). I gues I could use the scope I modeled for sniper and precision rifles, that one looks much more like the one on your pic.

Let me know if you're interested in any variant mentioned.

Streinger

PS: 30 min later, the wep is done! @FN, send me your addy so I can send you the renders to see if it's to your liking..and also to post them here.

I see you edited out all the posts that were getting close to start yet another flame war...

Not trying to re-start it, but I want to make a few points; bull-pup design can be misleading about the actual barrel lenght. I must admit, if I haven't seen the actual photo of the real wep, I would have thought it's an airsoft gun. However, one must bare in mind that carbine version of Steyr has 407mm long barrel, as opose to M4's 370mm. Both rifles use the same ammo (5,56mm NATO), and we all know M4 works quite well in unison with, say, 4X zoom ACOG scope...so regardles of anyone's liking or disliking of the bull-pup design, one has to admit that the Leopold 1.5-5X zoom scope mounted on the Steyr isn't just for show...

Edited by Streinger

It's leveled...trust me. (although you lads made me re-open the wep in 3DMAX and check it thoroughly)

It's probably the angle of render that causes that effect, but both the scope and the scope mount are perfectly leveled with the rest of the weapon.

If you liked this one, you'll love next one; I'll replace plastic Steyr magazine with C-mag....it's for Tyovan's Irish army mod. ;)

Could the great Streinger be making a Steyr Mod similar to the great Chems' M-16 Mod?

C mags, LSWs (the wacky Austrian LMG) custom scopes, Non-Aussie Steyrs?

I can see all the Austrians, Irish, Indos and other drooling now! :D

(me too by the way - but I still think Streinger's Aussie Steyrs are the best :thumbsup: )

Could the great Streinger be making a Steyr Mod similar to the great Chems' M-16 Mod?

C mags, LSWs (the wacky Austrian LMG) custom scopes, Non-Aussie Steyrs?

I can see all the Austrians, Irish, Indos and other drooling now! :D

(me too by the way - but I still think Streinger's Aussie Steyrs are the best :thumbsup: )

Indonesians? I thought they used M16s? I thought that was the only reason we'd stand any chance at all of owning them!