Real World Military Soldiers

F'n New Guy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want an HK, why not buy a domestic one made with HK parts? Vector offers some post-ban rifles, brand new, for the $1200 range. They make the receiver and a few other bits, but quite a bit is genuine HK. If you're in a gun friendly state, you can just have a local FFL order you one, or buy direct from Vector and have them ship to a local FFL.

Personaly, I think you should just go for a 9mm upper for your AR. If you're already proficient with it, the training will carry over, plus you have all the AR goodies which you can slap on it for just about any occasion. Also, many mag blocks are available, allowing the use of mags that in abundance rather than HK ones which can get pretty expensive.

No, please don't, as it sounds like you're trying to sound cool, and just plain don't have the gear. But since it's "what do you have" topic, I use an M4 with a Comp M2, Backup Iron Sights from GG&G, M3X Tactical light (have to use a bolt on rail system, don't have RAS yet), and a VITAL-2 IR pointer.

Edited by EricJ

But since it's "what do you have" topic
actually its "whats in your closet".

<_< I find it very unlikely that some of these people have what they say they have, or they "might" have such as "duty gear" thats been "issued" to them, but not to keep afterward and put in their closet.

For duty "issued" i carry the old M16A1 re-gutted and re-stamped

as a M16A2 and yes thats a colt, for a sidearm i carry the beretta 92F

M9 9mm.

:wall: its not issued specificly its a new one everyday,

i wish we could xchange them for cleaner ones at the window,

but its not that type of window :( .

Sp3ctre, seeing as 90% are Class III and some are not standard issue military, a pic of them all lined up would be sufficent proof. Your list is what most newbies say they have, whether they do or not. That would be well over $70k worth of guns.

Personally, I don't keep firearms in the closet. They get shoved in various corners of my room as well as the gun rack. :D Plus, a rimfire always sits near the front door as well as a .22 pistol usually. Can you tell I live out in the country?

Edited by RooK

That's what shotguns are for.  I guarantee - if you miss with that 44 mag, you won't get a second shot.  At least with the puny 9mm, you can hit them several times before they know it.   :P  That's why Sam Colt invented the mighty 45 ACP.  You get the best of both worlds.  One-shot-social-work, and quick follow up shots in case your perp needs more therapy.

Ha! Guns? Who needs guns? Nothing says get the hell out of my house like a 5 inch knife. Or my mighty board with a nail in it. When I get my own house, and I've got some money, I'm going to buy a .45 Colt 1911, and a 12 gauge shotgun of some sort. And maybe a couple of surprises for anyone who comes in uninvited.

you use ur 5" knife, against a guy cracked up on PCP, with a knife, or a gun, he'd laugh at u.

I live in Utah Cink. Marijuana's about all anyone uses here, and maybe LSD. Not much to worry bout.