Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

I know that you'all wanted to dismiss the players using something to view ahead, either heat detection or something. I got a close up side profile and the individual kept putting something up to his face, then pocketing it and continuing on his way. he repeated this several times....can someone explain this to me? I was using my sniper m99, so could see pretty good.

Thanks

Tom

Ok, how do you get a short message on screen as you are playing. The team I was on just lost because some of the top players got into the spawn area and got a lot of kills. I would just like to say "NO KILLINGS IN THE SPAWN AREA!!!". I was getting the best of the top player and he decided to cheat....

Tom

Used the cam and stayed with a highest shooter, he had a gun that looked like a m99, it had the tan box out on the end of the gun. Only problem was he could continue single shots with out manually putting a bullet in the chamber. He ran around just like those guys that use rapid firing. The only sniper gun I know that you shoot single shots continually is the one that defaults when you need to make a selection.

Any ideas?

no, there is no reload at all. Also, his killing distance is the same as the rapid fire guys. I don't see how he could be using a m99 at that distance because its too close. Reloading the m99 is slow and you would think you would see the reload... I'm don't think he (or she) messed with the ammo allowance because he didn't miss and he killed 20 people.

When you do the cam, can you see the person bring the gun up and aim? Or, are they constantly running with it aimed? I don't see them bring the gun up to aim and back down to run, seems the position is always the same.

Tom

What you describe sounds for the most part like cheating, but you have to be VERY careful with accusations. For example, I was accused of cheating only this week in a ingame-chat, but I've never cheated online once in my whole gaming career!

So it is best to concentrate on being the best you can, and ignore the cheaters, they just drag you down.

Damn right. I've been accused of cheating a couple of times and as Rocky stated, I've never cheated once - not even to "try it out"

Only time I've seen people properly cheat was in OGR when they would camp inside of large rocks or in some craters etc...

Many times what seems like cheating isn't always the case. Sometimes people are just better than you are due to play time/luck/ping/reaction times - all of these perhaps?

no, there is no reload at all. Also, his killing distance is the same as the rapid fire guys. I don't see how he could be using a m99 at that distance because its too close. Reloading the m99 is slow and you would think you would see the reload... I'm don't think he (or she) messed with the ammo allowance because he didn't miss and he killed 20 people.

When you do the cam, can you see the person bring the gun up and aim? Or, are they constantly running with it aimed? I don't see them bring the gun up to aim and back down to run, seems the position is always the same.

Tom

as it appears in 3rd person, no the viewing point doesnt change outside the players eyes. you can still play about with the ammo and get OSOK on nearly everyone, they could have just made it semi auto, i have played about with the files on GRAW 2 before and it does take time to fire a follow up round.

What you describe sounds for the most part like cheating, but you have to be VERY careful with accusations. For example, I was accused of cheating only this week in a ingame-chat, but I've never cheated online once in my whole gaming career!

So it is best to concentrate on being the best you can, and ignore the cheaters, they just drag you down.

Damn right. I've been accused of cheating a couple of times and as Rocky stated, I've never cheated once - not even to "try it out"

Only time I've seen people properly cheat was in OGR when they would camp inside of large rocks or in some craters etc...

Many times what seems like cheating isn't always the case. Sometimes people are just better than you are due to play time/luck/ping/reaction times - all of these perhaps?

I, just a few months ago,started playing the multiplayer portion and things were so fast and accurate in shooting, my first impression was to suspect cheating, I never once accused anyone of that. I have since learned to respect you guys and your rapid skills in locating people and putting them down. I have used the cam to follow top shooters to learn and I am impressed. Just hope I can learn to be half as good. If you read most of these posts, you will see I am a fair minded person and only question things to learn. The only cheating I have seen are people climbing real tall mountains, I am not talking about those small mounds, and shooting down on you. I have been a victum of that. Also, I guess you would call kill in the spawn area is cheating. Don't understand those who do that. I have been close enough to do that but have restrained myself and allowed the person to get out of the area.

Anyway, thanks for you input. Can't remember if I have seen you or not, just look at the person with the lowest kill, thats me probably. (tmfrex)

have a good day

Tom

Hey, don't get the wrong idea with my post. I've done alright with FPS games in the past but I'm a long way from being classed as even a beginner these days. Although I aim to try and get back into shape for the release of the new GR later this year.

I'll have to get those chop sticks out and catch those flys for reaction time improvements!!

Now thats funny!!!

I started to put a bullet between your eyes!!! I did follow you around those buildings but you were zapped where I couldn't see the enemy.

You are right, that locations is a good one, you can see everywhere except those coming up the right side. Don't get too many kills but you do change the the enemys approach to trying to get to us. In order to get me, they had to lob a grenade. Had my most kills there tho..

See you at the next game.

Tom

It seems that people are confused about spawn killing. Here is my take. I can stay in the spawn area and pick targets. I am fair game when I do that. BUt, if my enemy is in the spawn area or the spawn area is visible to my enemy, I am NOT fair game until I have completely re-spawned and have a chance to take cover. Shooting me immediately upon spawning is un-fair.

My report on my new mouse is that I love it, but it won't find the targets for me, dangit! Really didn't expect that but you can get on the target faster, now just to get my speed up.

I am having problems with the surface getting sticky. I am playing on a plywood finish, tried polishing, using pool table chalk. The best I have found is to slightly lift the mouse making movement much smoother, that tends to slow me down when pulling the trigger. Any suggestions?

Sidd? are you playing under more that one name? I keep getting a few more mates coming up and getting in my face. Are they trying to tell me something?

Tom

Google mouse gaming pad.

Some have a control and a speed side. I clean mind once in awhile if it needs it.

Wireless mice and a pad that contains any metal may be incompatible.

I haven't tried paper. May give it a try.:)

Sidd? are you playing under more that one name? I keep getting a few more mates coming up and getting in my face. Are they trying to tell me something?

Tom

Lol no I just used that "INDIANii" name once. I'm not the guy(s) bothering you :rofl: Probably they are just kidding, idk!

The stores were closed, so I am using paper on my table for the mouse to sit on. Works pretty good, just a little grainey but can sit down on a target better. I'll Google mouse pad to see what thats all aboutn

Thanks all...

Tom

Edited by tom1935

• 2 weeks later...