You Play GR Too Much When

Ruin

You know you play to much GR when your playing all other military sims and think

of how it compares to Ghost Recon....

1. "This reminds me of Ghost Recon...."

2. "I wish they had this in Ghost Recon"

3. "Are you serious....Ghost Recon was made 15 years ago and is much better than this garbage!"

4. "Watching a military movie or Special Operations footage and think....man Ghost Recon would make

an incredible movie"

Edited by Burner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know you play to much GR when your playing all other military sims and think

of how it compares to Ghost Recon....

1. "This reminds me of Ghost Recon...."

2. "I wish they had this in Ghost Recon"

3. "Are you serious....Ghost Recon was made 15 years ago and is much better than this garbage!"

This erriley reminds me of the Frostbite mod.... except.....GR is one thousand times more optimized,

doesn't have constant annoying call outs, and almost looks this good. Honestly, besides from better graphics, enhanced weapons customization, and intensely frustrating controls & optimization, ARMA 3 does not satisfy nor accomplish incredibly more (except for vehicles and huge maps) than GR which is disappointing.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, i really like ARMA 2/3, but the controls, optimization is such a headache many times Id rather not deal with it. It does many things well but as a whole still needs some serious optimization expecally in the frame rate and "smoothness of controls." GR and PR are so much easier to fire up, and enjoy smooth controls and gameplay with ok graphics.

Edited by Burner
  • Like 2

On a few a occasions I dream about playing GR or have dreams with some of my squad mates in them.

Burner wrote: "constant annoying call outs"

In order to stop a unit from talking you can use:

_unit setSpeaker "NoVoice"

This will have no negative on the ability to command the unit.

There are options for American and British sounding voices with varying pitch.

If the mission has a debug console I'll use enableRadio either true or false depending.

A helicopter pilot got in a loop of repeating the same thing. Came in handy til he shut up but then I re-enabled radio as I think it effects commanding your AI team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I finally stopped playing GR, but it took ARMA III to make that happen.  In all the intervening years there just hasn't been anything as straightforward gameplay-wise until I found the latest ARMA.  OGR kept me plenty happy in the mean time.

So my latest entry in this thread would be, "You play GR too much when it takes you 12 years to find a worthy successor."

However, once an OGR, always an OGR!

-Doc