Man, how much I love this site!

ApexMods

• 4 weeks later...

This place is an invaluable time capsule of gaming history, (con)serving information, discussions, ideas, and opinions from two decades of the tactical realism gaming genre and beyond.

There is no other site anywhere on the internet that can offer a comparable treasure trove of content, spanning over such an extended timeline.

GhostRecon.net is to tactical realism gaming sites what Ghost Recon is to tactical realism games. The undisputed immortal King. The One that rules them all.

Long live GhostRecon.net!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ApexMods said:

There is no other site anywhere on the internet that can offer a comparable treasure trove of content, spanning over such an extended timeline.

One of the things that keeps me going with this site is when I see how many sites have disappeared of the cliff during the last two decades this site has been online. I'll notice it when doing some housecleaning and dead links to external sites crop up.

Whether it's massive websites like yahoo or google properties that have gone offline, or general gaming sites, or other Ghost Recon sites - gone! Most of the modder sites have all gone too - only a very very few are still online, remaining as an archive of that busy modder period many moons ago. 

I think it's important that at least one site survives, right?

• Like 1
  • Tier 1 Post 1

I've never felt more welcome in a modding community than GR.Net, I was a pain in the ass when I was young (still am now, right Rocky? ;) ) but you guys refused to give up on me. You put up with me all these years

There have been so many occasions where I have been trolled, threatened, harassed in other communities. Particularly the Arma modding community which grows more and more toxic by the day. But coming back here is like coming back to a kind, caring family and just having a moment of peace and reminiscence. It's been consistently good despite what Ubi have done to the series. 

There have been a couple of 'moments' but they're fleeting, and at over 9 years since I joined this place, that means a lot!

Thanks for the memories y'all, let's keep making more!!

• Like 5

On 11/07/2020 at 12:12, Rocky said:

I think it's important that at least one site survives, right?

Couldn’t agree more. 👍

22 hours ago, Zeealex said:

Thanks for the memories y'all, let's keep making more!!

Beautiful post, Zee. Feeling’s mutual.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2020 at 11:09, ApexMods said:

Long live GhostRecon.net!

unbeatable truth

• Like 2