TV on PC screen

Recon

I have put my computer on my hdtv but wasn't that thrilled with picture as suspected. The picture isn't sharp which has a lot to do with how TV's scan or interlace the picture and receiving signal. TV monitors work different than CRT monitors. http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuit.../video2vga.html

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/dtv.htm

http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5108580-7.html

Recon,Feb 11 2004, 21:12 ] I'm thinking of getting one of those TV tuner PCI cards - anyone ever used one or seen one being used?

Yeh I have one. It was really very cheap, and easy to install and use, so they are a fun item to get.

I don't use it anymore becuase I relocated the PC and the TV is now about 4 metres behind me LOL. When I was upstairs though, the TV card was cool. You can work away on the PC and have the TV window pinned anywhere on the screen, at any size you want. When someting interesting comes on, you just resize it bigger. It's a cool gadget.

You can work away on the PC and have the TV window pinned anywhere on the screen, at any size you want.  When someting interesting comes on, you just resize it bigger. It's a cool gadget.
Sounds good.

It was really very cheap, and easy to install and use, so they are a fun item to get.
Define really very cheap.

I had a quick spaz through the net last night, and you can get ones (for uk'ers) that can pick up digital freeview channels for less than a freeview box. Don't forget you can also record and screenshot all the stuff. I'm just trying to find some decent reviews for a sub £50 one at the mo.

Savastore has a few, go to Digital Terristerial viewer There are a few others on that page and the cheaper ones on the previous page. I might just get the usb one as I can't get digital channels where I live anyway.

Dabs have a few as well although I never liked browsing their web site as it is so user unfriendly. Although i did find this one There is even a pretty lady to tell me what it does :D

Edit: Having read some more stuff over at tv-cards.com external usb devices aren't as good as the pci compadres.

@BlueRose_76,

Sounds like you've got the display and capture hardware, but no tuner to select channels with. If you don't have the coax in, but do have RCA's, you'll need to stick some kind of tuner (like a cable box or VCR) in between your TV cable and computer, and use the external device to change channels.

@BlueRose_76,

Sounds like you've got the display and capture hardware, but no tuner to select channels with. If you don't have the coax in, but do have RCA's, you'll need to stick some kind of tuner (like a cable box or VCR) in between your TV cable and computer, and use the external device to change channels.

Thanks, yeah i did understand i need some kind of tuner, but still cant get the antenna-cable (which goes in the tv, coax?) into the video card. And whats a rca?

Tia

I cant get this;

this.jpg

into this;

intothis.jpg

pic 1 is the rf/antenna cable which goes directly in television.

pic 2 is an rca, as you mention it and a s-video in/out.

I need to convert the rf/antenna into s-video. RCA wont do because the rca-in is only de vid, without the sound signal, i presume.

thanks

Edited by BlueRose_76