• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread.

Issue # 1: the BHD mod

=================

Kow announced that this mod would be made. I explained to him that I had made a promise to the vets/families of the BHD community that I would not contribute to a BHD mod. I explicitly told him not to use any files from any of my mods/skin packs etc. He AGREED not to.

I said:

Just to be extremely clear, nothing from any of my mods, nothing from any of my skin packs, nothing generated of my utilities, and nothing I have ever contributed to any other mod will be permitted in a mod that glorifies the deaths of those that fell in Battle of the Black Sea. I made a promise to their families, friends and colleuges that I intend to keep.

He said:

and i do not intend to make you guys "break promises' to other peeps.

When I confronted Kow about this, his first reaction was to deny it. They he claimed he used bit's from some of my textures. Finally, he agreed to "patch" the mod to remove the BjB skins. I asked him to hold off publishing the link to the original mod. He didn't bother.

I've just downloaded the mod and found that he did in fact use unmodified files from my mods. In addition, he's used files from Piccolo's Navy SEALs and Earl's Standard Upgrade without so much as a line of credit. I think there's some stuff from =DRAG= in there as well. I'm not sure how much of this mod was created by it's "creators".

Bottom line, I made a promise to people I respect and I don't appreciate being made into a liar. I'm the one that now has to go back to the BHD community with my hat in my hand and explain why I was unable to keep my promise.

Issue # 2: WOI skins

===============

I'm not the spokesperson from WOI so I won't say much about this. My main contribution to WOI was CHR models, not skins. I'm unaware of exactly how much of my textures are in WOI and quite frankly, I'm unconcerned. Keep in mind that I've made over 200 character skins for GR.

I can honestly say that I have not ever ripped anything directly from MOH simply because I don't even have the game. That being said, I also don't deny that MOH textures probably did end up in the mod.

Which leads to....

Issue # 3: Originality

===============

I have NEVER claimed any of my skins/models are completely original. They are mostly derived from RSE stock textures and models. In most cases, I have used textures/photos from the Internet in my work too. (Also techically non-original). If there is ANY 100% original mods for GR out there, please let me know; I'd like to see them.

Generally speaking I try to avoid using textures from non-RSE games but I freely admit that some of "my" work (less than 1%) might have elements from other games.

That being said, I am not anonymous. I stand by what I've done. If EA or anybody else wants to take me to task for my hobby, so be it.

Edited by BajaBravo

If you are going to talk about such an event, do some research, other than watchin the movie. Roughly 180 men. NOT ALL WERE ARMY. What kind of op doesnt go to ######, the kind where no one dies, inlcuding the bad guys.

not tryin to be a a-hole, u can agrue this with the Vets and Widows of Operation Restore hope.

Edited by Marcinko

With respect to the families and the skins.

No names, change the skins and I will host this mod. :yes:

To the turkeys who say its disrespectful... I dont think so. :nono: My son who was there agrees. To tell someone they cant mod a theme is BUNK. :rolleyes: Ill host it to honor the deaths of those involved.

Control freaks are laughed at by me. As long as the names are changed and the Skins also. :thumbsup:

I guess If I wanted to do a Cambodia mod on the killing fields someone would complain too. Too bad, that time I was there. Im giving myself permission.

I lost 7 of my best friends on our missions, I will mention their names. Their stories need to be told. They fought with honor. The Govt wont tell you the story so I will. I hope their sons see em when im done. Then they will know the truth and not what some pinhead thought they NEEDED to know in a form letter.

Spec Ops is a dirty game. We get no credit. No medals, no nuthin. Offically we werent there, so it never happened. More BUNK. :angry:

I guess all those people didnt die.... I guess the holes in me are just my imagination.

I will host this if it is respectful to those involved in my eyes. To all others who have never felt a 7.62X39 rip thru your flesh....your opinions dont count. Buncha arm chair wimps.

Liberate the oppressed! Its still the mission. :yes:

Puffy, this is the most disrespectful crap I have ever seen, and if you really are who you claim to be, you should know better.

I challenge you, again, I CHALLENGE YOU, to go to BHD93.com, tell your fellow brothers in arms that you believe playing a video game of those mens deaths somehow honors them.

I call your bluff tough guy, because I am not an armchair wimp. Tell them your real name and your credentials.

While your at BHD93, please let Mrs. Shughart and Mrs. Gordon know how you intend to honor their husbands.

You sound more like a punk to me then someone who deserves to be respected because of his service.

ROCKY, my apologies that my thread merely intended to report mod theft has turned into this. Please lock it and let's be done with this.

Puffy, I'll see you over at BHD, where the real men are.

Edited by MONOLITH

Now, Goose, u were saying....

Well i did say if u can read rite that id feel bad if he did rip anything off and that id have a hard time cuttin him down cause of the respect in him... But i did get proof for my point as you asked so y dont u shut it... i specificly told u i ment no offence ... ya thats wut i wuz sayin :angry:

my apologizes baja :D

monolith....cool it... he made some points

Edited by Goose9668