Signatures

_1G_HiLandR

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guyz... i'm kinda new to this sig thing... :huh:

just wondering... some of u have a really nice sig and are offering to make any for others.... pretty cool and nice to help eachother ofcourse....

but what does it take to create your own sig.....

are there special tools for all those cool letters and images or is it just ripped from everywhere on the net?

thanx in advance... :hehe:

are there special tools for all those cool letters and images or is it just ripped from everywhere on the net?

You can create a sig on any graphics programme, you could even create one on as simple a application as paint. I personally use Adobe Photshop 6.0 as it allows you to use advanced filters, tools and other features. As for the font styles, you can download them off the internet. :)

'Ripped work' - this is frowned upon in the sig community, someone has gone to all the hard work of creating an individual sig for themselves of someone else and then someone goes and nicks there work :o:angry:

no two ways about it, its illegal :)

but you touched on the key thing: no commercial profit. to that extent, there would be no point in suing you since there are no royalties to be distributed to begin with.

it should also be made clear that this whole mythology about "derived work" (where you take a image from the net, slap on a hue and maybe some contrast, and, voila, your own original work) remains within copyright violation. the legalese bulletproof, trust me on that.

still, everyone does it and, again, so long as you are not making a commercial profit from it, there is little to no chance you will be prosecuted.

nice site man!! i like the flashlight effect on the splash screen. didnt know you actually worked for a design firm - looks like you do ALL manner of design. i shouldve been in design but i ended up in corporate finance - go figure :blink:

still, i put together my own site too: http://www.mediacoup.net

for the record, no profit on any of those sites. oh yeah almost forgot, "copyright 2002 mediacoup. all rights reserved. all other copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners." hahaha :P

ok guyz... i'm kinda new to this sig thing... :huh:

just wondering... some of u have a really nice sig and are offering to make any for others.... pretty cool and nice to help eachother ofcourse....

Dutchman,

I have Adobe Photoshop but I am better versed in Paint Shop Pro which you can download a copy for trial from:

JASC Products

As for fonts, the list of those could be too big to put in here but here is a few:

FontFile

Font Party

As for the pictures, well Ronin and HiLandr covered that pretty well.

Hope this helps?

Necron--I appreciate the sig--Great job...I put it in the other day and it looked good. But today it isn't showing up..Did I do something wrong..I noticed Kazi's isn't showing up either...Just checking

Matrix and also you, Kamakazi,

The reason your signature graphic disappeared for a while is because it was deleted from the space it resides.

If you put your mouse pointer over the graphic and right click. Come down to properties and click on it. When you see the path, that is where your graphic resides, which at present happens to be in some space I control.

If you right click again on your graphic and click on "Save Picture As", this will save a copy to your hardrive. (NOTE: make sure you know where you are saving it! :D ) Then to use the picture all the time, it need to be uploaded to an FTP location or a website. Then you should link the path of the graphic to there, that way you control it, not me! :D

Ok?

Another source of sig pics are from screenshots from in game. You aren't really ripping anyone off as it is your unique pic, even if the software is owned by someone else (does that even make sense?)

I make graphics with screenshots for my websites all the time. I have even made wallpapers with them. Speaking of which I have some more to make.

Thanks Necron. When I get some time I will try to draw a rough sketch or something. I kind of like the cool blue background on Ronin's sig. I would probably want it about that size with a similar moving background and with a pic of my idea. Maybe a sniper stalking at night with glowing eyes and a cool ghillie suit from bushrag.com.

No! not stalking. Laying down and you see a close up of him with his weapon. Maybe a NTW-20 20mm amr like the one I created. And its dark with his eyes glowing. Muhohhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Maybe one with the ntw and another with a Cheyenne tactical intervention model 200 with the cool scope. Yeah.......

For it to work then the sig should be bigger than Ronin's but not too big.

What do you think???

I will get back to you with more ideas when I get time so we can work on the prototype sigs ok??

Another source of sig pics are from screenshots from in game. You aren't really ripping anyone off as it is your unique pic, even if the software is owned by someone else (does that even make sense?)

I make graphics with screenshots for my websites all the time. I have even made wallpapers with them. Speaking of which I have some more to make.

I never consider that WhiteKnight! Thanks for the idea!

Thanks Necron. When I get some time I will try to draw a rough sketch or something. I kind of like the cool blue background on Ronin's sig. I would probably want it about that size with a similar moving background and with a pic of my idea. Maybe a sniper stalking at night with glowing eyes and a cool ghillie suit from bushrag.com.

No! not stalking. Laying down and you see a close up of him with his weapon. Maybe a NTW-20 20mm amr like the one I created. And its dark with his eyes glowing. Muhohhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Maybe one with the ntw and another with a Cheyenne tactical intervention model 200 with the cool scope. Yeah.......

For it to work then the sig should be bigger than Ronin's but not too big.

What do you think???

I will get back to you with more ideas when I get time so we can work on the prototype sigs ok??

Sounds great! Not sure I can give you the quality that Ronin does, (Have you seen Kamakazi's new sig, NICE!) but I will do what I can.

If you need inspiration from the weapons I have been suggesting then take a look at these. The first few are of the cheyenne Intervention tactical model 200

camorifle.gif

tn_camorifle03_jpg.jpg

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A CLOSER VIEW

You could use the angled view of the gun and give the same gun a jungle camo with ghille rags covering it while trying to mimic to the best degree at least the head view of this sniper's ghillie suit:

Bushman2_LG.jpg

Or maybe even this one:..............

Bushrag2_LG.jpg

You would only have to worry about the head and maybe part of the chest view because he would be lying down aiming his rifle like the angled rifle pic above. Click on that link above to get a closer view of the gun. And its real dark with only really the glowing eyes of the sniper visible in his face. Maybe a nice glowing solid yellow color or evil red maybe. And don't forget a cool background color or pattern like Ronin or something else origianal. All this with my name somewhere "Stalker_Zero" and a motto somewhere at the bottom that says........."Be the Bush".

What do you think?? Is it over the top??....................NAH!! :rocky:

I have an even better idea and its simpler to do (I think). Instead of worrying to do a sniper ghillie head view you could have the entire background be a bushy/woodland/jungle view with a close up of someone peeking through the bushes. You know someone is peeking through the bushes because you can see the glowing red or yellow eyes. And of course you can see the cheyenne rifle (with ghillie coverings) visible.

I think it might go better with the motto "Be The Bush!"

:ph34r: