Is there a mod to make Recruit difficulty easier?

For crying out loud, is there a mod that quadruples, quintuples, sextuples, septuples or octuples your health at least? I'm playing on Recruit and I've died 30 times in the upstairs of that farm house on the second level. The guy is down the hall in the room with the pilot and his rifle is aimed right down the hall at me. I cant blind fire around the corner and the second I even get my elbow past the wall I'm dead... I'm dead before I can even click the mouse to shoot, let alone aim it down the hall and settle my reticle on him. And its not just this level. Any time I know theres gonna be CQC I already know its gonna take 60 tries. And this completely ruins the game.

Many years ago I used to play Ghost Recon on the PS2 and I don't remember the game EVER being this hard. For being a soldier from the most advanced military in the world with the highest quality gear and equipment its bull that one shot from a mile away kills you. 

I can see this being a fun difficulty for Veteran or above... But for Recruit? I've never liked FPS on the PC anyway, I've always preferred console but even so the ONLY way to progress is to quick save and quick load and this sucks because it sucks out ALL of the sense of accomplishment and achievement for getting your team through the level. 

Are there ANY kind of mods that make this game easier to play?

Edited by DennyFrontier

You are right about CQC, if they know you are there they are always gonna win when you peak out to shoot. 
Enemy AI hate grenades and will go for cover. Try throwing one at least part way down the hall and that should make him move.
One more grenade in the room should do it. 

Another option is to soul switch to another team mate outside and fire a few rounds. Enemy AI generally face enemy fire. Switch back to your guy in the hall and see if you have better luck.
Welcome to gr.net.

Edited by wombat50
  • Tier 1 Post 1

16 hours ago, wombat50 said:

You are right about CQC, if they know you are there they are always gonna win when you peak out to shoot. 
Enemy AI hate grenades and will go for cover. Try throwing one at least part way down the hall and that should make him move.
One more grenade in the room should do it. 

Another option is to soul switch to another team mate outside and fire a few rounds. Enemy AI generally face enemy fire. Switch back to your guy in the hall and see if you have better look.
Welcome to gr.net.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot

• Like 1

A tip ? i have try with succes the "flasbang" somewhere in download and made a kit with silenced gun + these grenades ...that work fine in a mission ,like one you try, where is an hostage ,because ,in fact ,the blow of the grenade distract the guard when you throw it and he want to try to escape ,so ,if you are prepared ,you can kill him ! Good luck .

On 12/5/2017 at 11:07, DennyFrontier said:

I'm playing on Recruit and I've died 30 times in the upstairs of that farm house on the second level. The guy is down the hall in the room with the pilot and his rifle is aimed right down the hall at me. I cant blind fire around the corner and the second I even get my elbow past the wall I'm dead... I'm dead before I can even click the mouse to shoot, let alone aim it down the hall and settle my reticle on him. And its not just this level. Any time I know theres gonna be CQC I already know its gonna take 60 tries. And this completely ruins the game.

Are there ANY kind of mods that make this game easier to play?

Denny,

Ghost Recon is brutally realistic. Ive often envisioned myself in the place of AI in a CQB situation....and that's exactly what any one of us would do. We would have our rifle pointed at the door, listening for any movement, and probably shooting through the wall and certainly at anything that slightly appears in our vision in the hallway.

Your right, CQB can be the most frustrating part of GR, but it is highly realistic.

Here is a flashbang mod to help you even the odds like real SOF units use during building clearing. This is especially useful during hostage rescue missions. Remember to go in to the room immediately after you throw in the flashbang. You only have about .5 sec to get in and clear the room out.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1420

Burner

Edited by Burner

• 2 weeks later...