Are there any good AI mods?

kothen

So I love Ghost recon, and I love playing custom content, but one thing I cant stand is AI in CQB how fast the turn and instantly kill me. Is there any AI mods that remedy this and fix the whole "Sniper AI" problem. Im always having to quick save when I clear a room because how fast this guys lock on and kill me.

I don't know if there are any mods that fundamentally alter the enemy AI, but there might be some mods or tweaking to reduce their reaction time and/or accuracy. If that fails, you might be able to tweak the stats of their weapons. Stat tweaking, replacing skins manually and altering pathways to kits and skins are the extent of my knowledge, so I don't know much about the AI. Teammate AI is affected by their Leadership skill and other teammates' level in the same stat. It may be similar to that for enemies, but I'm just spitballing.

I've never had that problem, personally. Sometimes I'll just blow the doors with a grenade launcher and then fire another grenade or two into the room. Others I'll substitute a regular opening and a frag grenade. In any case, enemies only seemed to face towards me if they heard me coming from that direction. In which case it's not really absurd reaction time on their part.

If they're actually turning around to zap you before you can get a shot off, and you're facing them before they turn, I don't know what the deal is except maybe reflexes. Could be the AI's or yours, I can't really say. 

I could just be a bad player, lol. But what irks me is that they can turn 180 and hit me with pinpoint accuracy. with my weapons if I turn 20 degrees my crosshairs explode and cause me to shoot like a maniac. 

proning, or crouching helps shooting better when the crosshair goes crazy. I doubt they are any AI mods to help that. 

Edited by squad_e

To be fair this is a common complaint, however the way I look at it, if I have shown too much of myself or made enough noise to attract the attention of the enemy, I've not been "ghost" enough :ph34r: 

How would you stay quiet exactly? What I do is open a door and as soon as that happens the turn to see me. Im not very good at stealth in this game it seems . :P

When moving there is a stealth key, I have it mapped to CTRL, not sure if that is default though. It reduces movement speed when near enemies so they don't hear you.

Of course this does not help with doors.

What I usually do with doors is create some noise at the opposite end of the building to get anyone inside to turn and face the wrong way. Now when you open the door you will have time to place a shot and take them out. 

Let's be thankful for the challenge doors present because they are not easy to put in a game apparently - that's why you don't see them in Siege or many other games.

• Like 2

I think the default stealth/shuffle key is the Alt key.
That is great advice about creating a diversion to turn the enemy the wrong way.
If you peak out from a corner and take a shot at a target and miss, don't peek out again as they will nail you every time on the second try.

Throwing grenades while leaning or peeking is almost always your own death.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

Note this only works in the oldest and greatest Ghost Recon, as in GRAW the game engine cheated and the enemy tracked your character whatever happened, in Ghost Recon though, the enemy AI can be fooled, just like real life :)

Also as Wombat said, if you start taking fire, forget about pursuing that avenue, the only option is to retreat and try and six them from behind, or the side. After all, that is what they will do to you when you open up on them! Again, this is more lifelike.

Enjoy, great games!

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

Wow, this game has a lot more depth than I thought! Thanks for the info, I also was unaware of a stealth key.

Yeh the stealth key is great and really works is used properly. You'd be surprised how close you can sneak by an enemy. When we used to play co-op competitions it was used extensively!

• Like 1

Aaaah, the Shuffle key!  Helped me to get out of critical situation in TvT years ago, but works almost as fine in coop,

since you make literally no sounds when moving.

And the corsshair doesnt move when youre using it. A very nice feature of GR.

The situation youre talkin about is not only happening in CQB, but on every maps. It can be very frustrating as you get the feeling that they can hit you from 200m  within 0.5sec; as soon as they spotted you...:S

I learned to live with it.

• Like 2