Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Multiplayer Sneak Peek

JamieSI

You can see an hi res version here

Just gonna say that this looks like a very polished game were the design has been clearly thought through to produce a coherent multiplayer experience. It's just an experience that I wouldn't play. GOW and COD fans will love it though. Could be a big hit.

Edited by Rocky

Omg, sorry Rocky, I forgot I was in the XBOX section.

So, about the video, I see suppressive fire has it's use now, and I really liked it, but the map is too small for my tastes.

Also, I can't see how being surrounded by friends can help you perform actions like disarming/arming demolition charges.

But, overall, the game seems fun (not like Ghost Recon, fun in another way), but pretty arcade.

Whoops, sorry I missed this thread, and double posted in PC.

innocent.gif

So, what do you fellers thing of the video? Personally I feel a bit let down, especially so when an action shooter like BF3 is showing features and game-play that look more realistic -- but I think most hurtful is not a word about PC...

sad.gif

I think they are trying hard to introduce unique team play features, can't wait to try it out with a squad of 3 other mates working together with voice comms.

It does look like they are giving the team play for pick-up games on public servers a lot of attention, not unlike GR:O; which does seem like a really good thing! But in a way this makes GR:FS look so redundant with GR:O on PC that it seems like the prospects for GR:FS on the PC diminish with every news item. I guess all the hulla-balloo over Battlefield 3 has me kind of depressed too, as Ghost Recon is where my heart is.

huh.gif

Also, I can't see how being surrounded by friends can help you perform actions like disarming/arming demolition charges.

But, overall, the game seems fun (not like Ghost Recon, fun in another way), but pretty arcade.

The idea is that if you're the one performing the action, and you know you have one or two teammates nearby that got your back, your confidence raises so you can perform the action quicker rather than continually looking around to see if anyone is coming up on you.

The idea is that if you're the one performing the action, and you know you have one or two teammates nearby that got your back, your confidence raises so you can perform the action quicker rather than continually looking around to see if anyone is coming up on you.

Makes sense to me, almost like "why has nobody thought of this before", like defuse the bomb games in COD.

In this video Creative Director Tommy Jacob explains all the basics of the game's multiplayer component, focusing on shooting and cover system, classes, intel and team play.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/ghostreconfuturesoldier/movie/39359.html

I have seen some MP video with players using ADS when firing at the enemy, but not much.

Still I mostly see people just using hip fire or focused hip fire and spraying full auto at the enemy. (I know it isn't technically hip fire in GR, but it is firing without using anything but the default reticule on the screen).

GRAW started the game down this road with the LT zoom, which I was not a fan of, either.

I much prefer the GR2 style where there was a substantial penalty to accuracy if you were not using ADS and using single or burst fire.