Obivous Modernazation Need

tuffluv esd

:wall:

GRAW, the original. For me was where I made many of the lasting friendships on xbox live that I still maintain today. It was also, in my opinion the 360's first blockbuster at least in the shooter category. I can remember countless nights spent into the wee hours bustin ass on that game. It forced people to use team work and strategy to their fullest capabilities. With the release of GRAW 2, came other advances in the game industry and GRAW for many gamers, myself included lost a little of its appeal. It just wasn't as exciting as the first Gears was at the time. I still tried to play every now and then. But most of my friends had moved on or just got bored w/ it.

:D

I love GRAW. I would like to see this game rebuilt completely from the ground up. Screw it, revolutionize the hell out of it. Sure some die hards might get P.O'ed but hey, if this game is going to indure it must be reinvisioned. Even more so than Splinter Cell if you ask me. I like what their trying to do with Splinter Cell. But GRAW needs it even more so.

:thumbsup:

One example of this it the old aiming and the sluggishness of it. Primary example of this is the following: two players suddenly run right past each other. Both players stop and begin the ever so slow task of doing a complete 180 degree turn...Point being, sensitivity on this game needs to be boosted way up.

:o

Graphicly this game needs to be improved by leaps and bounds over all. Despite the game being beautiful for its day. By todays standards GRAW one and two both look like cartoons.

w00t

Lets see a sprint feature. Face it people, real people , even your fat mother in-law are able to sprint for short distances.....And besides that its generally becoming a standard feature in modern shooters these days.

:blush:

There needs to be as much as I hate to say, some sort of match making system. You guys can still keep the public lobbies. But for those of us who don't enjoy listening to random redneck babble for hours on end. Match making may be the way to go. And who hasn't been kicked for killing the host one too many times.

:lol:

Sound has always been one of my sticking points when it comes to most games. Most games sound work, are sub par at best. The first GRAW had excellent sound work. I mean you could get shot in the head by an opponent and I swear to God, with just a decent surround sound system it felt like that bullet literally impacted your forehead. You could always approaxamate an enemies position by the sound it was great sound work. GRAW 2 however, not so much.

:ph34r:

I have alot of other opinions on how to improve this game and make it a competitor against games like Modern Warfare 2. But maybe next time. I have to go back to work. You guys have a good one.

TuFfLuV EsD

Edited by tuffluv esd

• 1 month later...

From I can read you have never played Ghost Recon 1 or 2 or any of their expansions. See here is the thing, THEY ALREADY DID THAT. The Advanced Warfighter series completely revamped everything, I mean everything. What more hardcore GR fans, like myself (Started with GR2 and Summit Strike, I was young when they came out, doesn't mean I did own.) want to see a mixture of old and new. The good thing is that with RSE they gradually add on. GR2 was good. Summit Strike was better. GRAW1 was amazing. And GRAW2 was, well, better, as you can seethe pattern. Hopefully with GR4, instead of fixing things one by one, they will fix everything and anything.

I dont think you will get many people on this site agreeing with your statement that GRAW 1 and GRAW 2 were the best recon games in the series.. And BTW being a hardcore fan sure as hell doesn't mean starting with GR2, Co buy the Ghost Recon or Ghost Recon Island Thunder to get the real Ghost Recon experience. And not some bastardised Advanced Warfighter version of it.

• 1 month later...

I dont think you will get many people on this site agreeing with your statement that GRAW 1 and GRAW 2 were the best recon games in the series.. And BTW being a hardcore fan sure as hell doesn't mean starting with GR2, Co buy the Ghost Recon or Ghost Recon Island Thunder to get the real Ghost Recon experience. And not some bastardised Advanced Warfighter version of it.

I think graw 1 and 2 were by far the greatest titles out of the entire series and still play them all the time

I'm sorry , the other titles were great in their time but would you honestly prefer to play those

Old games now over graw ? Spare me.

I hope graw is coming back with the same flavor the previous two other titles had. I am not asking for

A total overhaul or anything like that. I don't want cod style game play . I prefer the strategy style of gaming

Graw offered as well as the ability to run and gun.

I'm sorry , the other titles were great in their time but would you honestly prefer to play those

Old games now over graw ?

Yes and so would 90% of the people on this site!

I hope graw is coming back with the same flavor the previous two other titles had. I am not asking for

A total overhaul or anything like that. I don't want cod style game play . I prefer the strategy style of gaming

Graw offered as well as the ability to run and gun.

You dont want COD4 gameplay but you want run and gun. And then you say you prefer the strategy style of play. Whats your strategy? Which way to run and gun or which corner to 3rd person then noob slow walk out with your finger pressed on the trigger.

Edited by BS PALADIN

Caveat: I'm specifically talking about single player and co-op.

I have alot of other opinions on how to improve this game and make it a competitor against games like Modern Warfare 2. But maybe next time. I have to go back to work. You guys have a good one.

Well that's just the thing: I don't want it to compete with Modern Warfare. I want it to be an entirely different type of shooter. Like the original was.

Old games now over graw ?

I not only would. I do. Honestly.

EDIT: DIDN'T NOTICE THIS WAS THE CONSOLE THREAD. DISREGARD ALL ABOVE. MY BAD.

Edited by krise madsen

Still relevent no matter what platform.

Actually no it's not unless you've played the series on both platforms.

Ghost recon series on PC vs. Ghost recon series on console are two totally different animals which is why we thankfully have different boards for them.

The console version of the Ghost Recon was fun in it's day with the online coop but you have to remember that it doesn't have mod support or anything like that which has kept the game alive on the PC. The console version of GRAW games has much more life to them then the PC version mainly because of how little bugs there are in the game compared to the PC and how many players there are online willing to play coop games. For me, the coop on GRAW 2 for the xbox has been reminiscent of the original days of ghost recon on the PC if your playing with the right group. The developers did a good job at promoting no respawn coop matches by only allowing players to earn achievements if they beat the level online without dieing.

I completely understand the PC side of things, I'm just saying that arguments in that area don't necessarily over flow to this side of the forum as well.