"Ghost Rogue Assault Warfare"

Hello Cant_ID_You. This is a very good start... especially trying to tackle a campaign vs coop which I personally believe is much harder.

I have several comments, but first want to strongly suggest that you password protect your beta missions and PM the password to a few select beta testers so it doesn't get out to the general population before you are ready: as noted by the almost 700 views to this post already.

First major comment: Learn to bundle your missions. What you have zipped up so far will not work very well to the layman or non GRAW2 saavy individuals. GRAW2 knows how to translate the bundle, all the bundle really does is just put the information in the correct logical directory order so GRAW2 knows where to find it. Please look at your other post where I gave very specific instructions as well as you can go to the http://graw2.pbwiki.com and check out the section in bundling.

Now for the technical aspects of the mission:

- As I stated, this is a great start!! Learning to script campaign is a little different and there is not much material regarding the subject matter

- In your world_info.xml, change your "mission_time" to "day" from "night" so that your tactical map matches the environment.

- You probably just haven't gotten to it yet, but adding the briefing code you can also add the appropriate briefing map. The strings.xml is there, you just have to add your own information.

- You've used mostly "Ageia Physx" Enemy AI which add more usage of resources for the player. If you find that you are starting to see lag with the AI, go to your world.xml and do a search for "ag_ and replace with just a " so that it removes all of the ag_ prefix from the AI. Note that if you search with the first quote ", you do not run the risk of deleteing and sandbag_soft_corner or any other sandbag_xxx props.

The mission:

- Love your unique load screen.

- Unfortunately, this was unplayable in its current state. The first two times I died instantly with the 6+ folks hanging out right at the spawn point; shooting as I was entering the map. The third time, I and the team managed to take out the imediate threats, but died very shortly thereafter by the heavy snipers just outside the door.

- I had to enable the debug codes in order to actually test the mission.

- The 50 caliber "heavy_sniper" takes out players with one shot, so having 40 of these, most surrounding the building you spawn in, seems quite excessive.

- No clear mission. With the debug codes on, I believe we cleared all of the AI... then nothing. I took out the howitzer with the Zeus and nothing else happened. Adding more messages as well as taking full advantage of the "objective" element so players know what they are supposed to do. From experience, some players need a lot of "step-by-step" direction.

- The AI were spawning in direct view of me multiple times. So as I was aiming at one AI, a heavy sniper appeared on the building above in my view and began firing. Had I not had debug codes on, I would have died instantly. This is very frustrating for players.

- Add a few save games including one right at the beginning so you do not have to restart from the main menu and do the load out again. Another suggestion, especially if you have waves coming at one defensive spot, is to do what Tinker did with his campain and have a save every 5 minutes. Also create a save for every major objective completed and\or mission location triggered.

This is a great first start!! Keep going and let us know if you need any assistance!!

Bogie

thanks for the feedback on my 1st graw map.

I learned this stuff like a few days ago. davs wiki and pdfs helped alot

for some reason I cannot bundle or unbundle with your instructions or dav's. I think its because i have vista and there is not a clear instruction for vista. i tried dav's vista method but did not work.... I got it to work once bundled with the graw 2 bundler tool I found online.

The saves actually are in my script and they work but not until you've played the mission a couple times kinda weird. I'll checkit out and also redo my ai activation scripting.....

I had a question about spawning the enemy back. If an enemy ai team is killed can you use them again in the script or have them spawn up again or is it just a one time usage for the ai team. The reason i ask is because I wanna make them spawn up again somewhere else to keep the human count lower in the mission.

Also I saw these issues and wanted to know if you came accross any in your scripting or editor use.

1)My norcoms were working fine then all of a sudden the audio plays only no video. I might reinstall GRAW2 again.

2) The editor stopped saving after a while. Is there a unit limit cap /limit of what you can have in the world?Then it started working again.

2a)

3)IS there a way to get custom videos and audio in the game ?

4) Can you use bundles from GRAW 1 or get more custom models in the editor?

Thanks for all the feedback on my 1st map for GRAW. Cant

3)

I learned this stuff like a few days ago. davs wiki and pdfs helped alot

for some reason I cannot bundle or unbundle with your instructions or dav's. I think its because i have vista and there is not a clear instruction for vista. i tried dav's vista method but did not work....

I can't really help with the Vista. However, I have seen other posts where they figured out the security settings that fixed these types of issues. I'm sure that once you've successfully have done it once, it will be much easier.

The saves actually are in my script and they work but not until you've played the mission a couple times kinda weird. I'll checkit out and also redo my ai activation scripting.....

Looking at your mission.xml script, I see the issue. There are several triggers and events that occur at the "start_game" event that are being called during the briefing and loadout screens. I have found that the saves do not work until you are in the game.

So create (or rename the one you already have) a "coop_spawn" location trigger so that when you spawn into the map and enter the initial location, the spawning of your Patroling AI and the SaveGame can be called (still give 5-10 seconds on the timer). The reason for also placing your Patroling AI is that they will end up wandering into the spawn location while you are in your briefing getting the instant kill on you.

I had a question about spawning the enemy back. If an enemy ai team is killed can you use them again in the script or have them spawn up again or is it just a one time usage for the ai team. The reason i ask is because I wanna make them spawn up again somewhere else to keep the human count lower in the mission.

As far as I know, once they are spawned, the same group cannot be called back. Yes, it can look rather messy in the editor with all of the AI, but it is the only way.

Also I saw these issues and wanted to know if you came accross any in your scripting or editor use.

1)My norcoms were working fine then all of a sudden the audio plays only no video. I might reinstall GRAW2 again.

2) The editor stopped saving after a while. Is there a unit limit cap /limit of what you can have in the world?Then it started working again.

Yes, I have hit a thresholds before when there is a lot of information in the world.xml. For prop heavy maps, you may just need to focus on one item (like AI Graph or Humans) then save and restart the editor. I have not had an issue where I couldn't save using [ctrl]+S; even when the screen goes gray and the props disappear.

2a)

3)IS there a way to get custom videos and audio in the game ?

4) Can you use bundles from GRAW 1 or get more custom models in the editor?

Thanks for all the feedback on my 1st map for GRAW. Cant

3)

Yes, you can add custom audio and video, but you cannot bundle them within your missions. These are separate mods that have to be put in your English directory.

As far as I know, you cannot use the bundles from GRAW1. But that is as far as I know... I may try and test the individual diesel files now that I've worked with MAX a bit.

Great questions!! Always here to help,

Bogie

Yes, you can add custom audio and video, but you cannot bundle them within your missions. These are separate mods that have to be put in your English directory.

You can create your own directory in the main graw2/data/movies or sounds folders.

:thumbsup:

Hi Cant...

Welcome to the community :)

Re. importing objects/maps from 3dsmax, it's more complex than jjust exporting from 3dsmax to a graw folder....there is xml to change and textures to generate. Best off taking a look/posting in the modding forum for more info. on this.

Dav.

Glad the wiki was of some help.

I'm thinking of making some tutorials for vista users and also focuses on singleplayer /campaign since there nothing out there on it but the pdf's from ubi

Absolutely! I think Tinker and Bogie did do some detailed posts on what needed to change, however it would be great to have it as a tutorial - esp with videos.

Please feel free to add/change anything you believe would help the community. After all, that is the intent of the wiki...it's there for all of us to edit/change/adapt as we see fit. I really do not see it as mine, but rather owned and maintained by the community.

Cheers

Dav

davros'. Your a cool dude all caring bout the community and all.

For some reason in Vista I have tried your batch and downloads for opening the map in its own folder ,bundling and unbundling also does not work. So I went online and found this graw 2 bundler tool. It works great. There's a button to make a bundle open a bundle and save a bundle. It works great for vista users, and if you want it I have it where my files hare is.That is how I was able pack and unpack the bundles to make this map. Im trying to figure a way to open the editor with my new map name but it only works opening the world .xml folder. so I have to make the map and put my newmaps files in the world.xml folder. when done then change folder name and links in xml. This is the only way I can make a map in vista.I also have other computers here 1 that runs xp and your stuff works fine so it is definitely a Vista thang.

Hey Can't...

I was watching your video and it looks like the Rx4 scope has a dot rather than the usual triangle. How did you do that? The Rx4 is my favorite weapon, but I hate the triangle and would love to know how to replace it with the dot. Thanks,

Rahn

Hi Cant_ID_You,

Just to let you know the download link takes me to my own personal Mediafire files, this will also happen to anyone else who is using this site to host files, they will see their own files.

You need to click on the share link next to the file you want to use and then use the link in the drop down box on your post.

Until you change it people that use Mediafire can't download your mission.

Thanks,

John

Interesting mod, I watched one of the movies, total chaos!

Dear, Fellow shooters and gamers, modders........ I found a bug while beta testing the level last night.....

I had 3 Charlie teams in the command list and 3 Foxtrots. I checked the code and found a event that activated and trigger twice . I resolved and will release a 1.5 version shortly. Can't