Farcry2 Maps

viiiper

There is no mapping forum here and I don't expect one, but a thread for the maps I've made I will have :yes:

Server is: SPARTA - legion of sparta

Mode: Capture the diamond ( CTD )

Players 1-16

PunkBuster: ON

To find the server, assuming it's not full.

Game Mode: Capture the Diamond

Map: Any

Balance Teams: Any

Join in Progress: Any

Time Limit: Any

Score Limit: Any

Friendly Fire: Any

PunkBuster Protection: Any or ON

List Matches.....

My Maps all are prefixed: LOSC ( Legion of Sparta Community) although I'm not the only one making maps at LOSC. The game supports auto map download while ingame, so don't worry about getting the map before game.

You place them in your map directory

vista users

C:\Users\your user name\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2\user maps

Xp users

C:\Documents & Settings\your user name\My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2\User Maps

Xp users ubi downloaded maps are saved here:

C:\Documents & Settings\your user name\My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2\User Maps\Downloads

My Maps

LOSC Canyon Crossing

2 Sides of a Canyon with ladders, hiding holes, high & low level access, M-19, M-249 & .5cal mounted guns, boats & buggies. Strategy & team work only wins the day.

canyon-l.jpg

LOSC Diamond Swamp

3 Islands connected by on road & a perimiter swamp, assess your opponent Diamond box via road or swamp, cross over in swamp boats, jeep or by foot, it's a 3 way split to defend & attack.

d-swamp.jpg

LOSC Killing Fields

20+ paddy fields between the two bases which are in close proximity, long grass & bushes make for a Killing field situation, stay alert, it's fast.

kill-field.jpg

LOSC 8 ball

Figure of 8 map, objective can be reached by air, land or water. Hand gliders, jeeps, boats & foot, multiple mounted guns, you can run over under or on the main bridge. Multi sniper spots, strategic explosives & ammo, diamond retrieval escape via water or land. Technically this map was difficult, weighting in at 2.5Mb it's one of the most detailed.

8ball.jpg

All maps are available at:

Via SPARTA web Portal

http://www.legionofspartans.com/sparta/ind...r&Itemid=77

Direct

http://www.legionofsparta.net/dlm/index.ph...ame&srt=yes

We at TuG are in the process of making some maps too - we're doing remakes of some old Ghost Recon classics and I cant believe how close you can get.

Will be posting my own threads up shortly with each map release, including some screenshots and dl details etc.

We are so far working on:

CP04 Island Village - 99% complete and play tested - just needs some minor tweaks. Author: Beaver

D03 Train Depot - 50% complete - the whole train yard area is finished, now working on the upper tent camp. Author: Beaver

DP01 Stronghold - 85% complete. Author: JJUK

DP03 Creekbed - 99% complete and play tested - just needs some minor tweaks. Author: JJUK

Am totally loving the editor for ease of use too. :D

Anyone who makes GR versions, please drop me a PM with a link to some images, I'd put them on the news page for sure. I don't have Far Cry 2, but you guys and all this talk of an amazing map editor is really making me think I should take a look at it.

Be Warned this map editor is not the pinnacle of editors but it's dam close.

Not only is it easy to mimic many famous maps in other games but the full access to all the objects in FC2 has not yet been opened to the editor. A bit like GRAW / GRAW2 editor where clever searching & scripting by some members eventually lead to all objects & terrains being accessible.

FC2 is not GR nor GRAW and spending the time making one of my favorite GR maps might be wasted as the FC2 game plays nothing like GR (one of my all time favorites). Ubi has hit upon a what could be a new standard setting Editor in the FC2 model as far as MAP EDITING goes. Also to add to this, they have implemented what will probably become the new STANDARD for custom map management.

For all the faults of Ubisoft group, 'Ubi Montreal' have created a new way of creation, surpassing Crytek & Crysis, making mincemeat of Grin & GRAW1/2 and destroying the old myth that mission/ map making has to be hard to be good.

This is one dam fine 'True' sandbox editor

viii

I agree. At first I thought it was not that bad, but after a few hours it gets very repetitive. When you do get a mission it seems like it's always across the map. There's no fast travel option other than the bus stops. I'd say a good portion of time played is just traveling.

Anyone who makes GR versions, please drop me a PM with a link to some images, I'd put them on the news page for sure. I don't have Far Cry 2, but you guys and all this talk of an amazing map editor is really making me think I should take a look at it.

Dont worry rocky - I will - should have something for you this weekend hopefully. :)