vidotutorial max

xdxxdy

http://files.filefront.com/tutrar/;10003623;/fileinfo.html

long and high resolution tutorial for max for build a custom terrain

this is valid also for custom object

if is this usefull i can make another video to demostrate animated objects exporting from max, always for graw2

bye

http://tanatos-forum.forumattivo.com/map-j...azione-t167.htm

Edited by xdxxdy

Nice.

There is no sound, right? Or did it just not work for me? Anyhow, it's a good start even though there clearly was some problems while recording it. :P

I think there was an error in the last XML though as the object in the body is called "prova_landscape", when the mesh was called just "prova". So that should crash.

Also, there was no unit XML added/edited in the tutorial, which would be required.

Keep up the good work.

Nice.

There is no sound, right? Or did it just not work for me? Anyhow, it's a good start even though there clearly was some problems while recording it. :P

I think there was an error in the last XML though as the object in the body is called "prova_landscape", when the mesh was called just "prova". So that should crash.

Also, there was no unit XML added/edited in the tutorial, which would be required.

Keep up the good work.

yes wolfsong no sound :(

this video is incomplete in xml editing part, however the name prova_landscape.xml is ok because i have called it so in the unit file. I have made this tutorial only for explain the 3ds max steps, the .xmls editied are for clarity only. the most important file for the purpose of the video is the material.xml

a council for all new modder: look the tutorial custom landscape for graw 1 is very usefull for .xmls

bye

Edited by xdxxdy

Nice.

Keep up the good work.

yes wolfsong was wrong , damn !!!!

thank you for the advise, i will replace the parts wrong of the video, soon as possible!

bye

Edited by xdxxdy

Having a bit of technical issue with the vid.

It will play on my game rig, which is also where I will be attempting to make a map in Max 8.

So I thought it would be easy to just play it on my laptop as I run thru the tutorial and follow along.

But it won't run and tells me that it is missing a codec. But PC's are running Windows Media player 11 and both have been updated.

The lap is only XP Home (SP2).

Actually, I just hooked up a second monitor to my game rig and can watch and try to play with Max 8 at the same time.

Pretty steep learning curve.

I wonder where he got those "dirt_grass" and "gravel" images.. the .dds files.

Just take some picts??

Have you run the unbundle tool? If not, the files you are looking for is in the quick.bundle file. Run the bundle tool, its located in your GRAW2 folder under public tools. Enjoy.

Oh! lol

You mean with those 2328 .dds files in /data?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...