First GTA4 Review

Hatchetforce

Hard to call it a review as it was based on a preview copy but the code was near final. The article covers PS3 and 360 versions and was pulled shortly after posting but it was informative though a bit incomplete.

http://www.gamerevolver.com/article-112-Fi...view-recap.html

Edited by Hatchetforce

I'd buy a console just for this game. It makes me sad in the pants that it isn't coming out for the PC.

I have the PS3 version preordered. I think it will be better than the past games in a way that suits me. Unfortunately I don't think this will be in a way that suits hardcore GTA fans. While I believe the game will be good, I also am of the opinion that it won't be the second coming.

If you look at the preview remarks that have been made by those that have gone hands on, they are not the sort of comments that would be made about one of the top 5 or 10 games of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, MGS4 has a sinister dark side to it. At least according to the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC).

The game also features one use of strong language and references to suicide and an implied child rape.

Reminds me of my teacher in litterature: Every written sentence was about sex and every image was a phallic symbol...

The real oddity is that there is apparently no mentioning of Snake's "nut-grab" move: I mean, here we have a "middle-aged" gentleman who, in a game, can inflict serious pain on fit young men by grabbing and squeezing their genitals. But apparently that doesn't even make the BBFC blink. I guess homoerotic S/M is considered "normal" by them?

Source: ]kotaku.com

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: Though I doubt I'll ever play MGS4, it does make me happy to live in a country where such blatant censorship is considered unconstitutional.

Well the review isn't the best I've ever read...but then it wasn't on the finished version, so I'll save any judgement until then.

One thing that does worry me a little is that you are encouraged to stick to the story line more than any other GTA game, the idea of not being able to go on rampages throughout the city (great when you are bored) is also a little sad, as this was always one of the great features of the game for me.

Graphically it looks great, characters in some videos I have watched are top notch and I can see myself getting embroiled within the story...alot.

What is the DoDo thing they are going on about though? I'm sure I am aware of it but for the life of me I can not think what it must be.

Ah, ok! Well that won't concern me much.

Have scowered the shops today in hope that I would have found one selling GTA4 any earlier than this coming Tuesday, sadly not, they all state Tuesday as being the big day. Why release a game on Tuesday though?!

The official IGN review is out and no surprise as word was already leaking out. The PS3 version is graphically superior to the 360 version.

The review said they give a game a 10 not because it is perfect but because it pushes the bounderies...which is a load of crap. Neither version is anything to crow about from what I have seen and hardly pushes any bounderies. The models and animations leave something to be desired. Maybe things will be different in actual play when I pick it up next week but I am not expecting to be overly wowed. That is if I can tear myself away from MGO.

Well I've had GTA4 for a couple of days now. (XBOX 360) Overall I've been pretty impressed with it. Not going to give a massive review on the game but overall I think the game is pretty good and I'll most likely play it until it's completed. So certainly worth buying but not the game that is going to blow your mind away that some might have hoped for.

One of the most noticeable features of the game that I am really enjoying is the way the cars handle. Quite realistic and they mix nicely with the weather effects.