51 MAPS..........PC GRAW2 NEEDS SOME LOVIN!

Ghost Recon.net Forums > GR:AW 2 > GR:AW 2 - Xbox 360

So, now we are at 51 maps...

Does this mean there will be another 9 or more released before the Legacy disc is released in a few weeks? And what is the Legacy disc going to sell for? So far we have put in $85 for the game and content. Figure another $5 if the next 9 maps has the same price point. So is this Legacy disc hitting the market for $90? 0:)

I know, I know... Doubt it, but it makes us look like dolts in the long run for supporting the series. But they are DEFINITELY worth every penny :D

I wish the PC Gamers :( were as lucky as the Console thuds!

I've always thought so. the problem is RSE who started GR off years ago, got bought out by Ubisoft. then they hire Grin, from Sweden to make a game RSE would be better off having made. RSE could've ported the maps or made them from scratch for the PC and all would be good.

I guess this could be analogous of what businesses are doing today. they are exporting jobs which actually looks good in the bottom line- dollars, euros but in customer satisfaction- they suck, customer support sucks, problems all around

Edited by Papa6

I've always thought so. the problem is RSE who started GR off years ago, got bought out by Ubisoft. then they hire Grin, from Sweden to make a game RSE would be better off having made. RSE could've ported the maps or made them from scratch for the PC and all would be good.

I guess this could be analogous of what businesses are doing today. they are exporting jobs which actually looks good in the bottom line- dollars, euros but in customer satisfaction- they suck, customer support sucks, problems all around

Once again i remind you. RSE made SOAF which was based upon the GR1 engine but enhanced. It flopped. I wouldn't say they are better at it. Also note... Legacy means it's old maps. This isn't new content, just a copying of the old, and sucessful.

I actually thought SOAF was pretty good.

I liked it too. I'd say if it "flopped" it was because of bad marketing and movie-tie in blues. Looking at the box cover and having seen the movie, you'd have no idea the game covered some of the cooler parts of the book. The movie didn't even feature HRT or whatever they were called. Plus it was a budget title, like $15-20, and 8 or so maps was it? It just kind of came out as I remember.

Graw2 360's map love is amazing. 51 maps? Wow. And they have a good range too, they don't all look the same-ish. Even though a lot of those map designs were already done, still takes a lot of time and effort to update them for their Graw engine.

I actually thought SOAF was pretty good.

I still have nightmares about that parking basement level. We were a bunch of twits playing co-op and we spend hours just trying to get out the bloody door. We fragged and flashed each other so much you'd think we did it on purpose. We didn't. We just sucked at the game :lol:

Also, the people working at RSE are not necessarily the same that worked there when OR6, GR1 and SOAF was made.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I liked SOAF too. :shifty:

Even better now it is available in GR1.

:D

Replying to 51 MAPS..........

:angry:

Lot of money has been spent with all these PC upgrades, keeping up with the GR series. Now I am to purchase a 360, just to be able to enjoy these new maps for a game i already own. :wacko:

The loyal fans have asked for far less, than has been put into this game. Also confirmation that there is no GRAW:3 ? I hope the clear mention of "GRAW3" means there is something else in the pipeline for Ghost Recon?

;)

Once again i remind you. RSE made SOAF which was based upon the GR1 engine but enhanced. It flopped. I wouldn't say they are better at it. Also note... Legacy means it's old maps. This isn't new content, just a copying of the old, and sucessful.

I disagree. SOAF didn't perform well bcz the engine wasn't good with CQB. the engine was fine. since you mention the SOAF version is enhanced, it's lesser cousin, GR1 engine is still being played today. You have to read around here to see some people have resurged back to GR1.

I disagree. SOAF didn't perform well bcz the engine wasn't good with CQB. the engine was fine. since you mention the SOAF version is enhanced, it's lesser cousin, GR1 engine is still being played today. You have to read around here to see some people have resurged back to GR1.

I didn't say the engine wasn't bad. I said it the game flopped. The maps were good but the enhancements to the GUI were not excepted and it never really took off. The MP non Co-op side of GR never accepted it. RSE made this. it was i guess you could say the only GR2 that ever released. The point you missed of this is, RSE did make another GR for PC, and we don't play it, so bashing UBI for choosing GRIN over RSE for the PC version is Moot.

The 2nd part of my statement was ment that RSE does not need to port them. PC gamers already have them in GR1. they are GR1 PC maps hence the name "Legacy"

I haven't been keeping up with GRAW 2 PC for quiet some time (because of COD4). The game was and still is amazing to me but the fan base on the PC has gone down a lot. At any given time you will find on average 150 people playing the game compared to COD4's ~10,000's.

After seeing the 360 map pack it makes me want to go out and buy a 360 just to be able to play the old maps again. Hopefully GRAW 3 will get more support on the PC side if there even is a GRAW 3. I plan on buying a PS3 in April but it looks like even the PS3 guys aren't getting the support given to the 360 people.

It's sad to see the games I grew up with turn to consoles. Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six alike. PC users get stuck with crappy ports or games that don't make it past the 1st 3 months of release as far as fan base.

RSE could've ported the maps or made them from scratch for the PC and all would be good.

... Why? Where would they find the manpower and money to do that, they're working on GRAW2360 maps, they just released AA, and i'm sure the team is focused on another major project these days.

I've never understood whining that game developers aren't making the game you want. I mean, hell, i'd love a new Myth game, but bungie was busy with Halo. Because, i mean, Halo was what they and their publisher wanted to work on. It doesn't make them idiots because they didn't buy back the rights to myth, it just means not all of my dreams come true.

RSE could've ported the maps or made them from scratch for the PC and all would be good.

... Why? Where would they find the manpower and money to do that, they're working on GRAW2360 maps, they just released AA, and i'm sure the team is focused on another major project these days.

I've never understood whining that game developers aren't making the game you want. I mean, hell, i'd love a new Myth game, but bungie was busy with Halo. Because, i mean, Halo was what they and their publisher wanted to work on. It doesn't make them idiots because they didn't buy back the rights to myth, it just means not all of my dreams come true.

Geez if Ihave a hard time learning the GRAW2 editor, what makes anyone think RSE will figure it out? :rofl: