Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

The server is running v1.5. the port is on 28961 instead of 28964.

Hope this helps & you can get on tonite to play some games.

I noticed today that the server is back to the original 28964 port mate is that going to be permanent now?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I notice the lack of tags when the target is partially obscured, but at a particular spot on a map at the weekend, I had someone in full view, and there were no tags, and he was friendly. At the exact same spot, the bug repeated itself.

Can't explain it, but it happened. I could probably replicate it too.

The server is running v1.5. the port is on 28961 instead of 28964.

Hope this helps & you can get on tonite to play some games.

I noticed today that the server is back to the original 28964 port mate is that going to be permanent now?

COD4 servers have auto assign for the ports, It gets over looked every now & then.bop1.gif

The port changes because only 2 of the 6 server are running at the moment, so if it’s not 28964 then just check 28961

Ok mate, thanks.. :thumbsup:

Maybe one suggestion i could make is that people either choose or are nominated a side for each evenings game (and maybe rotate between the two sides if they are a regular player on different nights) so that they know which side they will be playing for that evening, they can also join comms on that side and not have to try and change for each map.

I know it sounds daft but because i use "auto assign" sometimes I join a map and I have to stop and work out which side I am now on and not just open fire on the first target i see which may have been my enemy on the previous map but is now a teammate..

To make it easier maybe it could be decided on the forums first on the day of the games so no time is wasted during the game, personally I don't have any preference on either side but as long as there is a balance between the sides that should be all that matters..

Just a thought..

To make it easier maybe it could be decided on the forums first on the day of the games so no time is wasted during the game, personally I don't have any preference on either side but as long as there is a balance between the sides that should be all that matters..

Just a thought..

The problem with deciding ahead of time is that not everyone turns up at the same time so it'd probably end up unequal sides. I find the best way is to auto assign to a team to start with, hit tab and see what team you are in, and when each new game starts up, just join that same team everytime. Join the relevant TS channel at the start and that's you good to go for the evening.

GGs, once we split off in to TS channels, it transformed the gameplay. I'd like to say we had a great plan, we stuck to it, and it went like clockwork, but that's not really how it went down, not quite :lol:

Spit channel definitely the way to go, looking forward to tonight tac play guns41.gif

Trust me Rocky we are working on it, but the solution has evaded me and floyd. We are going to put our heads together with Joker at BPR to sort out the airstrikes. If we cant sort it out we need to turn the UAV back on as this will push the airstrike out to 5 kills instead of 3 when the UAV is off.

thanks for the games

krambo was not alone in the airstrike forgetfulness (but he was the noisiest)

We turned the UAV back on last night (pushing the airstrikes out to 5 kills) and allowed airstrikes and the games were great. This has raised the quality of COD4 enourmously, there is a great game trying to break free here, if we can just tweak it well.

I have to say its a pleasure to play with our BPR friends, quality group.

hahaha, i thought my ears were burning.

sorry about the air strike thing the other night, but it does need 2 be cleared up, either on or off, its just a bad habit. I do like the UAV and AS myself but i'll play whichever rules.

Sorry again and great games last night.