Death Cam - not what I see

Rocky

Does this scene seem familiar to anyone else, or is it just me?

I've just caught someone in my sights, and opened fire, I get two or three rounds off - nicely on target, but the other guys manages to get some rounds off too, and I'm the one that goes down. Fair enough.

The problem is, that is not what the death cam shows. In the replay, I do not fire any round at all! So the question is, is this why I die so often, some kind of lag down the line, or does the death cam not really show acurately the exchange of lead?

Anyone else see this a lot?

Something very similar has happen to me; I walk around a corner, it seems that we both see each other at the same time, we both let off rounds.

The deathcam shows me walking around the corner, but when I let off the rounds it seems that I’m aiming a metre or so to the left or right of the target (no where near the target), whereas I know I had him in my sights

It’s not a frequent occurrence, but it has happened on the odd occasion.

Your right I get it too like Rocky's post,

The problem is the min/max ping has to be narrowed off from an open 0-350mS in the server settings to 45-250, even this allows a 0.4 second difference between players.

I'b be the first to admit there is lag issues and it leaves some quirks on the death cam.

viii

I seriously think there is some kind of issue, I usually play on servers that kick high pingers and I have noticed a lot of times when people just pop up and plug me and when going of to deathcam I can see that he even has time to get his ironsight up....while for me he just appeared and plugged me VERY quickly.

Yeh this is actually really starting to spoil the online experience for me. Earlier I put it down to me just not being good enough or sharp enough, now I had some encounters that just left me screaming "OH COME ON!!!!".

I am almost resigned to knowing that the only kills I'll get are medium range shots where the enemy does not see me at all. Close in CQB stuff I virtually have no chance apparantly.

On hard core servers also i have noted peeps shooting through walls in known doorways and window sills because it's the only way you can go. They will shoot it before you get there and kill you before you are visible.

I think the shooting through walls perk just ended my cod 4 playing as this is annoying and takes no skill. Same server then i got air striked twice coming out of the spawn. All but one of our team died and he only made it do to extreme conditioning.

I now officiially am done with every thought i had of COD 4 being matchable

On hard core servers also i have noted peeps shooting through walls in known doorways and window sills because it's the only way you can go. They will shoot it before you get there and kill you before you are visible.

I think the shooting through walls perk just ended my cod 4 playing as this is annoying and takes no skill. Same server then i got air striked twice coming out of the spawn. All but one of our team died and he only made it do to extreme conditioning.

P*ssed me off as well in the beginning. Found a server though where behaviour like this is not tolerated and if admins/clanmembers are online(every evening into the night) they kick everyone violating after warning. These rules include - no airstrikes/helicopters within the first 20 seconds into the round. No grenade(including launcher) spamming when you did not see the enemy first - this "I know they are walking past there every beginning in the round so I shoot/throw/tube there"-manners are not welcome there. Bunnyhopping (Jumping + Shooting or Jumping + Go Prone + shooting) will get one a kick as well.

Makes a pleasant stay for me every time. Also I heard they had a match against another clan with the same rules and both were very pleased with the outcome.

With the comings mod-tools CoD4 can offer a lot. There are also servers with airstrikes/helis disabled and reduced throwing distance of grenades out there - haven't played there though.

And after paying attention a bit to the killcam after I read this topic I can confirm this on my end. Having a ping around 50...I shoot at least 10-15 rounds on the enemy before I die. In the killcam I just started and it even wants to tell me that I missed the enemy about 2-3 metres. Yeah sure. :lol:

So far IW confirmed that there is some fixing regarding the aiming included - so I hope on something better with version 1.3.

I'll stick to CoD4 and put my hopes in the future to make the game even more enjoyable - until GB comes out of course. ;)

I play on hardcore-servers from GR/GRAW clans where the game is played a bit more tactical, and with a ping of 67-70 I manage just fine though I get killed a lot. Maybe that's lag, but it could just aswell be that I am slightly older than the new kids on the block...lol

I had a much better game tonight. 60 ping server, filled with 30-40 people easy. There was no death cam, but it was obvious there was no kill-lag like I was describing before. Time and time again I was making kills in CQB that I just KNOW I was not getting the other night.

I should probably favourite the servers I find that play best for me. Is there a way to do that while in game? Or do I need to write the IP down from the tab screen?

I had a much better game tonight. 60 ping server, filled with 30-40 people easy. There was no death cam, but it was obvious there was no kill-lag like I was describing before. Time and time again I was making kills in CQB that I just KNOW I was not getting the other night.

I should probably favourite the servers I find that play best for me. Is there a way to do that while in game? Or do I need to write the IP down from the tab screen?

Unfortunately if you join by ip or are in game, there is no way that i know of to add it to the favorites.

Shoting through wall is not a perk it is feature which has been asked for by tactical realism fans for a long time. I hope every tactical shoter since CoD4 will have objects penetration . It will finally stop ppl hiding behind plywood walls or wooden fences.

Perk you are refering to only makes your bullet penetration stronger.

Edited by Joseph_Q