ANTI CHEAT does not work

In an effort to find ways to prevent hackers from being on the XE server we feel constantly challenged to be one step ahead of the cheaters. This is the first that I have seen of an actual cheat that works on an open server with the anticheat on.

Why is there a cheat available to the public free of charge that does NOT kick ppl for altered game files?

How do we admin this?

Forward the link to the files to GRIN. Have them take a look at them so they can see how the system has been exploited. Then perhaps they can close that hole.

They cannot know of undiscovered exploits or holes until, well they are found. I'm not defending them too much but I do think you should give them a chance to fix it.

This does illustrate what many of us have called for with user defined checks. If we could create a check to find this file/ executable on the client system, we could easily kick the player and prevent them from playing. Also after UBI drops support, it would provide a small amount of on-going protection for server admins who are still hosting. But who am I kidding, that will never happen. Once support is dropped, you can expect any new cheats/cheaters to have free reign in servers since they will not be updating the AC and the community will then be the responsible for creating their own homebrew AC for the game. Of course that is IF people are still playing it by then.

I caught a guy a while back on your server speedhacking. He would walk normal speed but when he'd run it would be super fast. I don't recall which of you guys in the server that night, but I got "warned" not to accuse anyone of anything. I was told to go to your forums and post the proof. I told several of your guys to just look at the guy. You had admins there. It was only when a couple other guys spoke up and said yeah, the dude was speedhacking that anyone started to listen. Still, I was told to Fraps it and post it on your forums.

Your guys could have cared less, they were too busy playing. I didn't shoot the footage cuz if your squad doesn't care, then anything I do is a waste of my time. It's really disheartening when your "house" is being disrespected by these idiots and your people don't care.

Edited by ruggbutt

ruggbutt, thanks for your opinions I sence some hostility.

First of all...NOT EVERYONE has admin. So yes. some of them don't care because they cant really do anything about it. :wall:

Second of all It is extremely frowned upon to accuse of cheating and Im so happy that you found some XE that actually stand by it an promote that policy. I Know that some of our guys let their mouths and opinions get the best of them and the last thing we want to do is accuse everyone thats a good player of cheating.

Third until seeing this I have always felt the anticheat would not let anyone altering files into a server that was running with the anticheat on. Hence the altered game files disconnect. I have PROMOTED that NO ONE cheats and Yes I am definately wrong.

We will more than likely be using a new policy for bans. XE voting. Heres how it will work. If there is a questionable player..... Like say rugbutt for instance. :hmm: We are going to have an XE only vote to NOT allow that player to play on the server. No harm intended. were not accusing of cheating. We Just like our "house" as you would call it to look a certain way, and If the house is a mess we have to clean it. Perhaps we could call it the NEW GRAW2 XE anticheat.

If we cant trust the anticheat to do its job then we have to do something.

Specter we as Admins can stop this.We need to give ALL info to the other clan/Groups

and All of us react to ban those in question. It must be a community action that

captures the info of the player then sends out an APB.

I belive it was Ruggbut whom started this earlier in GRAW2 and we need to be in sync

to deal with these Boneheads that take advantage of the games vuneralbility.

Edited by Halli~SPARTA~

I'm sorry if you think there's some hostility in my post. It wasn't meant that way. I was trying to point out that some of your guys just didn't want to listen. Some of them had admin cuz myself and another player had some words and your teammate kept killing me thru the console. That's only possible if they have admin access.

The point of my post was to let you know that you need to discuss issues like this with your guys who have admin. I understand you don't need the n00b on your server crying cheat every time he gets owned, I really do. But you'd think that some of the guys who have squad tags would at least be cursory paid attention to. As for the "cheat" accusations, I asked your admins no less than 5 times to watch so and so. When they didn't reply once I said, "Hey XE, so and so is speedhacking, watch him for a couple of minutes". We've had the auto g/l guy on our server, auto sniper rifle guy and several speed hackers. If someone sees something I wanna know about it. Generic accusations of cheat are different than "Hey rugg, so and so has an automatic M99", or "Rugg, so and so fired 6 rifle grenades in a row". I'll immediately switch teams or I'll log in on my other computer to watch. I wanna know right now what's going on, not next week.

Anyhow, it's your server do what you like. Since that day I've seen several players that weren't just questionable, they were out and out hacking. The last thing I want is to be threatened with a ban for pointing out that someone is hacking. And yeah, I was threatened.

I have a place (forums) that have been up since the Ghost Recon days that squads have been able to share info and bust hackers. I posted a while back that people who wanted to be part of that should PM me. I have to authorize the account as well as activate it. It's an adult place to hash out issues regarding these cheating losers. You'll find posts as far back as 2002 there. ;)

Edited by ruggbutt

We will more than likely be using a new policy for bans. XE voting. Heres how it will work. If there is a questionable player..... Like say rugbutt for instance. :hmm: We are going to have an XE only vote to NOT allow that player to play on the server. No harm intended. were not accusing of cheating. We Just like our "house" as you would call it to look a certain way, and If the house is a mess we have to clean it. Perhaps we could call it the NEW GRAW2 XE anticheat.

Dont you think thats a little unfair to the better players that have also invested there time and money in this game, because thats whos getting banned, people that hate the hacks as much as you.

If I go into the Clone server I know there will not be any cheat accusations and that nobody is going to get vote kicked or banned unless there is proof, the way it should be, the golden rule and all that good stuff.

I would bet that there are less hacks in this game than people think, and I know there are FAR more accusations, insinuations, kicks and bans for hacking, questionable game play or what ever, than there are hacks. And that gets on my nerves far more than the hacks.

Just my opinion, probable should have just kept my mouth shut.

Dont you think thats a little unfair to the better players that have also invested there time and money in this game, because thats whos getting banned, people that hate the hacks as much as you.

If I go into the Clone server I know there will not be any cheat accusations and that nobody is going to get vote kicked or banned unless there is proof, the way it should be, the golden rule and all that good stuff.

I would bet that there are less hacks in this game than people think, and I know there are FAR more accusations, insinuations, kicks and bans for hacking, questionable game play or what ever, than there are hacks. And that gets on my nerves far more than the hacks.

Just my opinion, probable should have just kept my mouth shut.

what we are seeing is the pure failing of a game franchise. Geez UBISOFT is a joke. :rofl: and what makes it worse is, Microsoft has reportedly teamed up with UBISOFT, now we'll have sub-standard OS'es AND substandard games. :rofl:

I just saw someone wearing clan tags in our server with an auto g/l. Three shots in a row on the Hacienda map. I'll post the info in our private forums. There was one of the ladder admins present. ;)

Seen this also for my 1st time last night at SRT. check there forum, they banned them... unfortunately before i could fraps it... was just pressing the button and the guy got banned :(

We have auto screenshots running so I have his GUID. I'll be banning him today. ROCO, can you PM me with the name he was using in game?

Edited by rugg

NM, I went to the SRT forums and it was the same guy.

That's nothing, I found this server via the gamespy interface and it was an hour long game. we played on the first mission map with the bridge in TDM. but when i used the m99, i then realized that it was altered to be semi-automatic.

weird but fun none the less. :D

Added: oh almost forgot, the collisions were removed so we could move around to areas that were normally inaccessible in game. that was neat.

Edited by Papa6

Thanks Specter, he'll never join any of our servers again. We also carry bans over from [GR]. ;) For everyone reading this, I realize that the actions of this ###### are the actions of an individual. I've played w/the =XE= guys long enuf to know that they don't condone these actions. This can happen to any squad. I've given Specter the links to discuss this on the ACC forums. We have some nice discussions going on over there and server/clan admins would benefit from these.

Added: oh almost forgot, the collisions were removed so we could move around to areas that were normally inaccessible in game. that was neat.

Papa, does that affect the bullets as well? (do they pass through objects?)

We have auto screenshots running so I have his GUID. I'll be banning him today. ROCO, can you PM me with the name he was using in game?

Edited by rugg

NM, I went to the SRT forums and it was the same guy.

Thought it might be. if you get a chance... e-mail me the ban info. roco@attackforcez.com

The nades were automatic with no reload animation. He didn't even try to hide it.

• 3 months later...

:blink::blink::blink: .

I caught a guy a while back on your server speedhacking. He would walk normal speed but when he'd run it would be super fast. I don't recall which of you guys in the server that night, but I got "warned" not to accuse anyone of anything. I was told to go to your forums and post the proof. I told several of your guys to just look at the guy. You had admins there. It was only when a couple other guys spoke up and said yeah, the dude was speedhacking that anyone started to listen. Still, I was told to Fraps it and post it on your forums.

Your guys could have cared less, they were too busy playing. I didn't shoot the footage cuz if your squad doesn't care, then anything I do is a waste of my time. It's really disheartening when your "house" is being disrespected by these idiots and your people don't care.

Edited by akajj1234