paintballing

with summer coming. i have decided to try out paintball and i play it once (first time) i got killed i later found out that the dudes that killed me and my team had bin playing for like 8 years well, back to my ?'s:

i hear this is really expencive (forgive the spelling) is it?

if i do get a gun what kind should i get?

when i going paintballing what should i where?

thanx

Well, I don't go paintballing much, but I can help you out on a few questions.

1. Like anything, paintballing Can be expensive. There are many different weapons and pieces of equipment of varying degrees available, some cost alot, others aren't too much.

2. You can get a decent beginners marker/gun at your local Walmart, in the Sports & Goods section. They will vary from 50-80$, to 100+. The best way to go is it get a decent semi-automatic model which can accept a large C02 tank, which are refillable.

3. On clothes, firstly, get a good set of goggles you are comfortable in. Also, depending on where you live and the paintball course/areana, get a set of BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform) that will match. If you are in the woods/jungle, you can get a pair of US Woodland type, or for Desert grab some Three Color type (Or if it's a rocky climate, six color may be better then three). Either of these should be easily available at a local Army/Navy surplus store for good prices. They usually stock new or used pairs; just get whatever fits and you can afford. A Marine Cover or BDU baseball cap may be in your interest too, or maybe even a boonie hat, depending on the type of goggles you get.

Other then this, I'd probably advice you buying some LCE gear which are also in the Surplus store. You can get a pistol belt with attachments pretty easily. A good buttpack and maybe a SAW gunners pouch for various objects would be of good use. Also, I, would invest in a Camelbak/Hydration system, if you do not get a regular canteen.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/catalog/selectio...ry=main&id=2715

Models differ, but generally they can hold up to 2-3 litters of fluid, and are quite usefull. They have a on/off valve, if it's on all you do is bite on the tube gently and use it as a you would a regular drinking straw.

A Marine Cover or BDU baseball cap may be in your interest too, or maybe even a boonie hat, depending on the type of goggles you get.

Be careful with this. On normal baseball hats, there's a padding in the forehead (no clue what it's made of) where as these BDUs hats are pure cloth. If you get a paintball to the head, it can hurt.

So can paintballs to the manlihood :unsure: Get a cup. <--A Given

Oh yeah, Don't let people with tippman's who have been playing for 3+ years shoot you at full velocity. You're bound to get bruised.

It's loads of fun though, and definatley worth taking up (if you have a good group of people who play regularly).

My point stands, however. Alittle extra pain never hurt anyone; it's just weakness excaping the body. Also, regular baseball caps don't offer camouflage. Black should Not be worn, it's not a natural color in forest/jungle or most enviorments, exempting Urban (And shadows). Even for goggles or a mask, try to get a Patterned or Olive drab/brown colored one.

Black is never a good color to use for camo. It's mostly worn for a psycological edge in Urban warfare. In night time ops, olive drab, or dark blue are generally better choices. This also applies to your weapon, which would be wise to either paint it, or put some colored duct tape on various parts. At least try not to go for a very bright one, anyway.

Edited by Piccolo

On E Bay you can get knockoff CADPAT and MARPAT fatigues.

I think the digital patterns are pretty similar to the real military issue, but the civillian stuff doesnt have that anti IR coating. I'll bet it would work pretty good for paintball use.

Actually I think the main difference is that the civilian copy's do not display the trademark logos, on MARPAT, atleast. That is, untill they are readily available via the Marine Corps, and through surplus stores. Also, on the Anti IR stuff, you can't dry clean the things, or else it negates the treatment.

Heres a good starter tip:

1) begin with the cheap; find the somewhat cheaper items.This is just to help you get the feel of the game, I dont recommend buying hundreds of dollars worth of stuff ASAP, $20 gun or 'marker' some cheap pants/shirt/cap.

You will want to pay alittle more on protective gear

(a bud of mine bought a $2 cup and sure enough got shot in the pride n joy,I heard a loud crack sound :o followed by alot of screaming :unsure: .It broke or as we refered too it "fragmented"-I think he wears a steel cup now no idea :lol: )

If you and your friends (I am assuming) start to get into the game, all the camo and gear and what not would come into 'play'.

Heres another tip;

If you buy a ghillie or make one, dont go running around like a maniac (defeats the purpose) and take a bottle or canteen to wash off the paint after the game/match is over.

*Off topic*

One time I watched a game being played of 7 vs 7. It was a huge course in wooded/open type course. Each team started a good 200-300 hundred feet apart from each other, both were out of each others visual range.The ref has a air horn/whistle to signify the start (each team has 10 minutes to get ready) and each have a ref with a radio.

Any hoo the team I was watching was told they have 10 min to ready up and all of a sudden they all pull out ghillies from the duffle bags! lol Unbeknownst to the other team!

They ran and hid basicly along the tree line and set up a kill zone and perfectly killed the entire other team as soon as they got into the middle of a open area (the made the mistake of going into the open like that lol).

It was one of the greatest plans I have seen in paintball, just like war you never know what the enemy has and what they look like. lol

ok thanx alot guys. i think im going to be playing in woodland the most (really only). ghillie suits? how can make those? o one more thing can i get scopes for the guns? i found a army vest in my room that got a ton of place to hold stuff.

my friend gave me a full face(it cover my whole face) mask and is that a good think to wear?

Edited by GoldFishboy

Full face masks are probably a good idea for Paintball. Unless you go for a pair of goggle and Balaclava, which would be much hotter. If it's black though, I would paint it a woodland color.. brown, green, or a pattern. Make sure it is strong enough to take a paintball hit from say 10-12 yards though, which is about the closest you should ever be when taking one.

Black is never a good color to use for camo. It's mostly worn for a psycological edge in Urban warfare. In night time ops, olive drab, or dark blue are generally better choices. This also applies to your weapon, which would be wise to either paint it, or put some colored duct tape on various parts. At least try not to go for a very bright one, anyway.

Kidding right? :) 90% of the Paintball guns I see are andonized in the brightest colors humanly possible. Especially the cheap ones.

Kidding right? :) 90% of the Paintball guns I see are andonized in the brightest colors humanly possible. Especially the cheap ones.

No, I'm not kidding. I realize most paintball guns are flashy, but those bright colors just hurt you when you are outdoors. Thus, why I recomend painting or taping up your weapon.

What i'd like to know is it any good....being infantry obviously used to playing with the big guns..however me and my m8s are thinking about going in a couple of weeks but i alil put off with the lack of power!?!?! can these things be accurate??!!! and can they be accurate over a range of 10metres!?!

i got hit from about 7-10 ft away and (2 weeks later) the welt on my thigh is now barely visible, thanks to my bro.... oh well... it was me that charged him...

anywho scopes, don't bother, aiming means taking two shots and adjusting...

my recommendation would be a tippman 98 custom appx 150 USd and buy a full face mask, not sure about the states but here in canada full face is required not just goggles....

i play woodlands too me and my bro dug a few 1 foot deep bunkers and piles some logs around them and badda boom baada bing we have a paintball course....

i use old clothes i had a pair of CQB camo pants (the kind people wore 5 or so years ago to be cool) but painted them with acrylic (sp?) paint.....

PAINTBALL = PHUN! :o=:wub::o=:wub::o=:wub::o=