Kensington Lock: Yes

VESA Wall-Mountable: Yes

Height: 18.0 inches

Depth: 8.7 inches

Width: 22.7 inches

Weight: 20 pounds

Warranty: 3 years

Good enuff for my eVGA 7900 256 GT? :unsure:

My roommate has that exact monitor and it is pretty nice, it seems to work quite well for him, his PS3 looks very good on it.

I don't know what you play (I assume you game) but your GT might have issues displaying even some older games at that resolution, It might require a GFX card update to play newerish games.

I never really venture pass 1024x740...to get better framerates.

As far as features, is it a decent monitor. It doesn't have HDMI, which is ok for now since I don't own anything which necessitates a HDMI cable or connection.

My only concern is the height and tilt adjustment. I use a medicine ball for a chair (prevents me from drinking and playing :rofl: , plus its good for my back) and height might become an issue.

I could wall mount it though :shifty:

Plus my latest game is GRAW & GTR2, so no new games for me. CRYSIS/COD4/GB won't be in the clearance bin for a while. :thumbsup:

LCD's have a native resolution. Most look blurry when they aren't in it.

at 1024x768 it may not look good. just a heads up.

So I should play on its medium to max setting? I never played on LCD higher than 1024, that is why I'm asking :unsure:

I just went to the store that is selling it. Considering it has $100 MIR, I'm suprised that there are over a dozen still in the box and nobody is rushing to buy it. Normally, when they advertise on Mondays, on Wed, supply is all gone.

So I had to pause for suspicion. :unsure:

Then, store has a 15% restocking fee. I don't like that policy. :nono:

Maybe I should hold off for Dell's 24" when they give their $100-off deals. :(

So I should play on its medium to max setting? I never played on LCD higher than 1024, that is why I'm asking :unsure:

I just went to the store that is selling it. Considering it has $100 MIR, I'm suprised that there are over a dozen still in the box and nobody is rushing to buy it. Normally, when they advertise on Mondays, on Wed, supply is all gone.

What Roco is saying is that with an LCD you pretty much have to use it at the recommended resolution or it looks extrememly blurry. They are designed for a specific resoltion, and that is what should be used.

I don't think you will regret this monitor at all, unless your computer can't handle games at high on it, that might not be cool.

What Roco is saying is that with an LCD you pretty much have to use it at the recommended resolution or it looks extrememly blurry. They are designed for a specific resoltion, and that is what should be used.

I don't think you will regret this monitor at all, unless your computer can't handle games at high on it, that might not be cool.

Thx Kamazi, so gaming is the only issue I may have with this LCD.

Photoshop, Internet, watching DVD shouldn't be an issue then right? :unsure:

thx in advance :thumbsup:

I just realized the stand is different on pic :wall:

imagedu6.th.jpg

here's the advertised monitor...$299 after MIR is a good deal right?

Thx Kamazi, so gaming is the only issue I may have with this LCD.

Photoshop, Internet, watching DVD shouldn't be an issue then right? :unsure:

thx in advance :thumbsup:

I just realized the stand is different on pic :wall:

imagedu6.th.jpg

here's the advertised monitor...$299 after MIR is a good deal right?

photoshop, ect may be an issue unless you change it to it's native resolution. Is this at a store where you can ask them to change the resolution (like on a display model) to see what it would look like lower. That way you can see how blurry it gets and maybe at one res down it might not be as much.

Anything other than native (which I *think* is always the montiors highest setting?) is going to compromise the visuals. I don't understand upgrading to a LCD only to compromise the quality of the image by running at anything other than the monitors native resolution -you'd be better of sticking with your old monitor than doing that.

wow, didn't know its going to be this complicated. :blink:

I better venture with something less complicated...like vaporchilling my CPU...I think that less complicated

*inner thoughts: where is that sarcasm smiley :shifty: *

I'll try to stop by the store...nope...can't do that today...gotta build wifey her IKEA closet.

Damn...I wish marriage is less complicated. :wall:

For every day activities such as internet, excel, photoshop, and whatever else you video card will be able to handle it at full resolution. I had a 22" monitor last year with a resolution of 1680x1050 and it handled all of those without a problem on a laptop with a go 5500 video card or something like that. You will always be able to run full resolution on your desktop for those applications. Games is where you'll find it difficult.

I had posed the question a while ago about if I would see some distortion if I lowered the resolution in a game if I was using a 24" monitor and from the responses I got back it seemed like it wasn't worth it for me to try and run a 24" monitor on my 7600gt. I know a friend of mine lowers his resolution on his games sometimes to get better frame rates and he uses a 19" lcd and the only difference between the lower setting he runs it at and the full resolution is the sharpness and detail of the game. With a 24" monitor though there might be some additional issues with picture distortion once you get below the full resolution.

I sold my 22" monitor and now I need a decent monitor for my new computer so I'm back in the market as well to buy one. I would look at the ads around black friday time Ledanek. I bought my 22" model last year for $199. I'm sure they'll have some good deals on several monitors again this year.

What I have actually decided on now is either an LCD or Plasma HDTV. Since they have pc hook ups on them and the resolution is low enough on the tv's that I can use my current video card it can serve as both my computer monitor and a nice t.v. for my man room downstairs. I'll probably buy in the 32" - 37" range. I know the Olevia at the moment for the 32" was about $540 at circuit city but I'm pretty sure they will have some decent markdowns around the holiday season. I'll report back once I have finally decided and bought what I want and let you know how my setup is.