Unzip the 4 maps and place them in your custom_levels folder. Maps include:

>>Attack on multiple axes

>>The long walk

>>The price of peace

>>Welcome to Juarez

Server name: Combat Search And Rescue Game Mode Test Server

Synopsis for GRAW 2 Custom Game Mode Combat Search And Rescue

Objective:

The objective for both teams is to find the VIP before the opposing team. Centcom has intel on his last 16 known locations. Once you find him, help him make his way to the extraction point before the enemy can track him down and kill him. Be careful not to extract your CSAR team before the VIP. Either team can locate the VIP. Whichever team is successfull is considered the CSAR team.

Spawning:

There are four (4) initial spawn points. Ghosts will spawn at 1 of the 4 spawn points, chosen at random. Rebels will spawn at 1 of the remaining 3 spawn points, chosen at random.

Each team uses the same spawn point for the duration of the match.

Each player has unlimited respawns until the VIP is located. After that, each player is limited to only 1 death.

Once the VIP has been located, any player that is dead will respawn for the last time at their original spawn point.

Scoring:

The team that locates the VIP (CSAR team) earns 1 point.

If the VIP is safely extracted, the CSAR team earns 1 point.

If the VIP dies, the opposing team earns 2 points.

If the CSAR team is safely extracted after the VIP, the CSAR team earns 1 point.

If the CSAR team extracts after the VIP has been killed, the CSAR team earns 1 point.

If the CSAR team extracts before the VIP, the VIP is considered abandoned, and the opposing team earns 2 points, which will guarantee a win.

If the CSAR team is killed, the opposing teams earns 1 point.

No points are awarded for individual kills.

Due to this scoring system, the team that did not locate the VIP can still win.

Gameplay:

Classes & kits are standard MP kits, similar to TDM.

Each CSAR map is made with 16 possible locations for the VIP. The location is chosen at random, but there is no waypoint marker, or any other indication, of the correct location.

There are 4 possible extraction points. Once the VIP has been located, the extraction point is chosen at random, and a waypoint marker will appear on your HUD. All players will see the waypoint marker.

Once located, the VIP will be visible to all players (a blue diamond on the HUD).

The VIP's path to the extraction point is not predetermined. The VIP will choose his own path depending on the resistance he encounters.

The VIP will not engage opposing team members, although he will seek cover when fired upon.

The opposing team cannot be extracted.

To locate the VIP, enter the areas noted on the minimap. Only 1 team member needs to enter the area. Once a player enters the correct area, the team counter will quickly count down from 5 (it takes about 2 seconds).

Once "located", the VIP will spawn in the location.

Only 1 member of the CSAR team needs to reach the extraction point to win.

Each match lasts only 1 round, since spawns and objectives are chosen at random, and kits are limited to the standard MP classes & kits. No side has an advantage over the other.

Additional Features:

The VIP is a US Marine from the SP campaign.

It is normal for the VIP to stop & seek cover. The csar_rules will re-order him to the extraction point if he is stationary for too long.

To compensate for his lack of self defense, his health has been raised to 100 points (from 4). Otherwise, it would be much too easy for the opposing team to kill him.

Once the VIP reaches the extraction point, he will be immediately "extracted" by disappearing. That way he won't just sit there waiting around to be killed. Would you?

Some people may wonder why both teams would want to find the VIP. In most games, one side has to protect the VIP while the other has to kill the VIP. Well, this game mode is Combat Search And Rescue. So, first of all, you don't know where the vip is (hence "search and rescue"). Second, there could be several motivations for capturing the VIP. Maybe he's a pilot that was shot down over enemy territory. One side may want to steal him away to safety, while the other may want to interrogate him. Either way, once in enemy hands, to you he's better off dead.

Remember, although it only takes one CSAR member to enter the extraction zone, don't do it before the VIP. He will be considered abandoned, and your team will lose.

Edited by Rocky

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude - you are a genius

here is everyone screwing around with trrs and tdms

and here is cangaroo inventing amazing new gametypes.

i was going to try to get a trr tourney gong at gr.net

but i think we should get a tourney of this type going.

ill help set it up.

my only thought - if u have unlimited respawns at the start duz everyone run n gun until they find the vip?

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

my only thought - if u have unlimited respawns at the start duz everyone run n gun until they find the vip?
They could run and gun, but here was my though process:

>>The more people, the quicker the VIP is located.

>>Since the location of the VIP is unknown, it could take a long time for 1 person to find him. So, people could spend a LOT of time in deathcam. Some people don't mind waiting when a round is set to 5 minutes. But 20 minutes is another story.

>>Some people like respawn, some don't, so this has both (no respawn after VIP is located).

>>Once upon a time, someone was talking about a GR1 coop server that was run very professionally. Everyone had to be on comms, and players were assigned specific objectives & teams. I kinda envisioned this along the same lines: Alpha team check 1-4; Bravo team check 5-8, Charlie team check 9-12, and Delta team check 13-16. If teams die, it could get confusing as to which were checked and which weren't.

Besides, I think the number of respawns can be set by the server (I never checked that :wall::wacko: ).

It may not matter, because filefront has only logged 1 download, but just in case, I found a glitch:

Map: Attack on Multiple Axes

VIP Location: 8

Cause: file world.xml

Glitch: asset = "us_marines_squad4" instead of "us_marines_squad1"

Result: Causes 4 VIP's to spawn instead of 1

I will fix this in the morning and upload v1.02.

An interesting observation, though, is that all 4 NPC's took different paths to the extraction point.

Thanks. Since you created a new d/l section for game modes, would it be possible to move AAS there as well?

Ah, that explains it. I was like "how come there isn't a section for gametypes yet". Infact I had this in the GRAW 1 gametypes for a minute until I realised my ommision lol.

I'm on it...tx for the heads up.

Ha, GREAT game!

I'd love to play that as part of a squad on TS. I can just imagine being the guy to find the VIP, guide my squad in to my location and have them set up a safe zone to extract.

Awesome idea.

Thanks Cangaroo, I really hope more servers run this, and advertise CSA nights.

This is the best idea ever for graw2!

I love the idea behind this mod, I really hope this mod will keep being updated and supported.,., this mod is even realistic as a mod for ladders.. I'm real excited about this one, and i'm almost never excited :)

GJ!

Edit: Cangaroo.TNT I hope you don't mind but I posted about your mod on the ubi forums, people need to know about this one :)

If you for some reason dislike that I posted it I will remove it again.

Edited by Mysticaly